Have a Berry Wild Christmas

Animals, Berries and A Pop of Red

Why, who knows and just because…. it’s wild and they just wanted to say Merry Christmas.

On Christmas eve the animals are given the power of speech. You just have to listen close.

I am six days old, and hope your season is brimming with the joy of youth. I may not have the wisdom of age, but I know you need to put a little child-like joy back into Christmas. Can you remember what it was like when you were young like me? Feliz Navidad (Spanish)

Hyvaa joulua (Finnish)

I am wishing you loads of laughter and chance to kick up your heels.  A season of laughter will make a season of happiness. Don’t sweat the small stuff, get out and gather your friends and family for a good time. Joyeux Noel (French)

Froehliche Weihnachten (German)

Find your stripes this season, try something new that you always wanted to do. When what you do is fun, you end up doing it well. God Joi ( Swedish)

Kellemes Karacsonyi unnepeket (Hungarian)

May joy and happiness snow on you. It’s cold outside, but if you have warmth inside you are one special person. Boze Narodzenie (Polish)

Sawadee Pee Mai (Thai)

Invite peace into your life. Take a breather and find the time to wish others well. Be kind to us with four legs too.  Rehus-Beal-Ledeats (African)

Rehus-Beal-Ledeats (Chinese Cantonese)

May you have all the good tidings of the season. May your presents be good will and compassion to others. Glædelig Jul (Danish)

Gelukkig Kerstfeest (Netherlands)

Take it easy and relax this holiday. No need to hurry, all that needs to be done will be done. It’s November 29th and we still got some time. Take a swim with us before we head south. Kala Christouyenna! (Greek)

Nollaig Mhaith Chugat  (Irish Gallic)

Go visit your relatives. They are the ones who care.  There’s many more of us at this reunion. Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom (Russian)

Get out from under the snow and find the warmth of Christmas joy. Spread the warmth. This snow is something to quack about. Nadolig Llawen (Welsh)

In any language it means peace, joy, happiness and health. All the creatures big and small are wishing us well and know no barriers to the joy of the season. Have a Berry Christmas.

Gelukkig Kerstfeest (Netherlands)
Nollaig Mhaith Chugat  (Irish Gallic)
Nollaig Chridheil Huibh (Scottish Gallic)

These three above are from Joy of Canadian Garden Joy, thank you.

This would be fun to add Christmas or holiday greetings from around the world. I got them from a list online. The only two I was sure of was the first two, so all my readers from far away places, please correct any of my greetings and I will add your blog to my list.

Gelukkig Kerstfeest! or Prettige feestdagen (Dutch) from Denise NoNiwi

Froehliche Weihnachten from  Diana at Elephant’s Eye, Diana corrected my spelling, verzeihen mich, if I got that right. It has been too many years since I learned German.

About these ads

About Donna Brok

This entry was posted in Animals, Christmas, Farm Life, garden, Holidays and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Have a Berry Wild Christmas

1. Greenearth says:

Love your images, but it does look so cold.

So pleased you enjoy visiting my site. It’s a discovery journey for me as well.

The zebra is so cute. I have never seen one up close before, the pattern in their stripes is amazing. What a heartwarming post, another must-read!

3. One says:

Did that last one kissed you? He looks like he is about to. Have a Berry, Wild Christmas too.

4. Merry Christmas Donna! Here’s hoping you have lots of joy and warmth.

5. Joy says:

Donna this was fun and the pictures cute : )
    I lived in Holland for 4 years and Christmas was great there too .. in Netherlands “speak” it is “Gelukkig Kerstfeest” .. In Irish Gaelic it is “Nollaig Mhaith Chugat” In Scottish Gaelic it is similar “Nollaig Chridheil Huibh” .. My background is Scot .. and husband’s is Irish .. so son is a double Celt ? LOL
    In any language it is a happy greeting no matter what : )
    Joy

6. Wonderful Post Donna! Well done! Are these multilingual animals in your back yard? Best wishes to you as well! ;>)

7. gardeningasylum says:

What a sweet and original post! Love the pix, and all the different holiday wishes – invite peace into your life is my favorite!

8. What a great idea for a Christmas post and what important thoughts on how to enjoy the holiday time before Christmas. Carolyn

9. That German would be … Froehliche (Happy ;>)

• Thanks for correcting my spelling. It has been many years since I have spoken German. When I try I often get it wrong. I am better at reading German, than speaking,but I get that wrong too. :grin:

10. Denise says:

I like all the berries. And the animals are very cute.
    Gelukkig Kerstfeest!
    You can also say Prettige feestdagen in Dutch.

11. lifeshighway says:

The zebras are very cute and I don’t see one everyday but what is the white faced deer? That is a new one for me.

12. tina says:

These are really neat greetings. At first your blog opened without the pictures and I enjoyed the sayings but when I went to post all the pictures popped up! They are gorgeous and so cute with the greetings. They are so neat!

13. p3chandan says:

Christmas joy, a universal happiness, whether you celebrate it or not, you can feel its in the air, whichever part of the world you are! HAVE A BERRY WILD CHRISTMAS!

14. Cat says:

I can’t wait to share this post with my kids! Especially my daughter – she is going to love the zebra! Great ideas about slowing down and enjoying the spirit of the season!