It Sure Isn’t Pretty

We regret to delay our regularly scheduled posting due to the inclement weather here in Western New York. We will resume  on April 20th when the weather returns to the seasonally expected 64° and thunderstorms.

Street Trees, How Sad, How Bad will be the topic.

Need I say more?

Yesterday

Which one looks more pathetic?

Wet, cold Daffodil, opened when it should not have.

Really coming down.

The Caryopteris got it right…wait.

Pansy without its happy face.

Fluffy and falling.

Oh my!

Out the office window of a pretty darn grumpy gardener.

Happy Monday to All!

About these ads

This entry was posted in garden, In the Neighborhood, My Garden, Spring and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to It Sure Isn’t Pretty

1. I am one of those who loves snow, but I do not like it in the spring. We had a dusting of snow at the end of March, and I was worried about my spring bulbs. It must be hard to endure the snow in mid-April….hope the sun comes out tomorrow!

2. Snow this late in spring is so frustrating! I grew up in PA, lived many years in NY, OH, ME and know what it’s like. Thank goodness you know it will soon pass and spring will be back in full bloom soon. Those are the kinds of days I like to focus on getting things done inside–the kinds of things I put off normally because I’m outside. Hope it’s all gone soon and doesn’t return until next winter.

3. One says:

I don’t know why but I can’t help smiling. It was really creative for you to write the message on the snow flakes. Hopefully Mother Nature gets the message. She must be busy. Next time, you may have to inform the the level of Importance ranging from 1-5. 1 – Urgent, 5 -Take your time

To tell you honestly, snow flakes on flowers look very pretty to me. Well, I’m not the one suffering, just comfortably sipping hot coffee and admiring your wonderful photos. Well, it’s supposed to be a Happy Monday post, right? I better sign off before you throw your shoes at me.

4. Shannon says:

Yuck! Pretty is as pretty does, and snow does not pretty do! I’m thinking warm thoughts for you. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the upper 70s here, and we’re not that much further south! *fingers crossed*

5. Holley says:

I’m so sorry! All those new spring beauties, then a horrible surprise. Hopefully the snow will protect the plants until it warms back up. Stay warm!

6. Stacy says:

I harrumph on your behalf. It’s so hard to take more snow/sleet/yuck when you’re soooooo ready for SUNSHINE. Hang in there!

7. I got chills just reading your post. I won’t say anything about spring down here because the last two times I gloated in a comment to you, it snowed unseasonably here.

8. Cynthia says:

How frustrating for you! We gardeners always have some challenge or other to deal with. Why do we do this?

9. Andrea says:

oh Donna, you have a makeover! Despite your repulsion for those snow, i find it very beautiful because you are an ‘all-time-weather photographer’, and they are all beautiful. I also love the difference between the rain of smaller snow and the bigger ones. (or is the 2nd only taken with slow shutter?) You must send them off this way, as ours is already very hot and the greens just turned brown now. We cannot stay outside for 10 min. How wonderful if we have the breeze coming from your end of the world!

Donna, I can sympathize, truly I can. We had snow on Sunday afternoon which was a light dusting, but now we’re under a Winter Storm Watch for Tuesday/Wednesday. Grrrrrrr Indeed!! I guess I’ll go back to working on the Laburnum lamp, with almost 2000 pieces, it should keep me occupied for a ‘few’ snow days.

11. Shyrlene says:

Isn’t it just the pits — staring at snow on APRIL 18th!?!?! We had snow here in IL, and the ‘high’ temperature tomorrow is going to be 39! There was no plan to be wearing a turtleneck and sweater today – but that changed … and the plants that WERE up, looked so sad. The dandelions looked just fine – all ~6 million of them! (I hate those things….)

12. dona says:

I’m so sorry for you, and even more for people living in south-eastern coast of your country.
    About my latest post, I guess your disagreement is due to a misunderstanding (Google translation is often bad). Wishing you a lot of sunshine.

13. Les says:

I am sorry your weather is so unsettled and hope the cold does no permanent damage. We spent the weekend dodging tornadoes and yesterday it was 80, hopefully things will be less dramatic for both our regions.

14. lifeshighway says:

Burr, it has been a strange April. Raleigh has major tornadoes this past weekend. Can’t wait for the show to continue.

15. You sure do make it look pretty!

16. carolyngail says:

Ditto in Chicago ! A good day to stay by the fire.

17. Masha says:

Ouch! I am sorry for your flowers, even though it looks like you used this opportunity to make some great pictures. I hope the weather warms up soon…

18. Oh no! Your poor flowers. How are the irises I loved so much faring?
    Rosie

19. Cat says:

Poor Donna! You must be completely fed up. Your photos do make the nuisance look pretty though ;)

20. Oh my, and I was disappointed at the sight of a few clouds. Really, mid-April is just too late for snow. We should be enjoying beautiful spring weather by now!

21. Jayne Rogers says:

How very very disappointing. I am not feeling so bad about the cold rain today – better than snow! But your photos do look pretty!

22. Jennifer says:

I am with you- send the snow away! Hail is coming down here as I type this. It seems as if we may skip spring and head right into summer!

23. Donna says:

sorry to see this..we avoided it this time but it has been so cold and wet that I cannot get out to even clean up the garden and get it ready…major thunderstorm right now and then cold with wet snow TH…

24. Oh Donna, you must be so fed up with it by now!