GBBD – September 15, 2011

The Niagara Falls Garden Magazine, like a typical printed one, will be back after a brief hiatus. Enjoy the splash of graphic formatting of blooming garden plants.

Click the image above to visit Seepferd’s Garten.

Thank you May Dreams Gardens for hosting another month of GBBD.

About these ads

About Donna Brok

This entry was posted in garden, Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, GBBD and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to GBBD – September 15, 2011

1. andrea says:

Wow Donna, you really gave us a very exciting beautiful surprise! Artists really always have new things in their heads. I love it.

2. Greg says:

Cool. Original indeed.

3. The best GBBD posting EVER. You are the champion of the world………sing it with me.

4. Lynn Rogers says:

Don’t know how you did it, but GREAT!

5. Indie says:

Very nice!! Love it!

6. Aerie-el says:

That is so creative! Beautiful!
    Your salvia ‘black and blue’ is gorgeous and the second post I’ve seen with it included. I’m going to be on the search for one of those babies.

7. Laurie Brown says:

@Aerie-el: I found my Salvia Black and Blue at Urban Roots in Buffalo.
    @Garden Walk Garden Talk: I enjoy reading your blog and especially enjoy your creative graphic designs and photography. One comment/question, though…. aren’t they actually Iceberg Roses, not Iceburg?

8. Christina says:

Lovely, lovely images; very clever too. Christina

9. One says:

Wow! This is an interesting surprise! Who would have thought of this?

10. Jennifer says:

How fun and creative! No wonder your blog is so popular!

11. Donna says:

You have really outdone yourself. Lovely images, fun, creative …Happy GBBD!!!

12. Alberto says:

Very funny way of posting! I like it!

Alberto

13. Oh I love it! So creative and fun and the photos are brilliant!

14. Mac_fromAustralia says:

I love how you’ve presented this month’s GBBD!

15. Barbie says:

How wonderfully creative! Thank you for sharing your blooms! I am really eyeing the Cleome. Very very pretty! :-)

16. A wonderful way to display your blooms! Love it :)
    Happy GBBD.

17. Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the quick way of posting. To Laurie: Both ways must be correct. I usually note them as Iceberg on all my other posts, but I have gotten plants in for clients with Iceburg as well. It is a differently patented plant I am guessing. I have also ordered them with the German moniker as well. Aerial, the Salvia can be found in many nurseries. It is plant gaining much popularity. But note, it does go dormant in the heat of summer like some of my other sages, but comes back blazing when the temps go down and the rain returns. The difference to the other sages, I don’t cut the plant back, just remove the stalks.
    And Lynn, I will post the how-to on Green Apples. It is so simple for anyone having Photoshop. A couple of steps and done. It is a great idea for all kinds of printed graphics and blog headers too. I have the whole post all in one file which is a bit confusing for a beginner, but I will show how to do each letter individually, then show the 2011 where the word will become the whole image. It is a great tip to know for those liking a little graphic impact on their blog. I will also show a way to take the form of one image and drop text inside. You will like this one. Thanks for a tip idea to post on GA.

18. This was a very creative way of displaying your GBBD blooms…excellent! I really enjoyed viewing this very much!

19. HolleyGarden says:

You are so creative! Loved this post. And what gorgeous images. Thanks for the Iceberg and black-and-blue salvia companion idea!

20. Happy GBBD Donna, clever post – fun too! I do miss the cleome in my own garden, it got munched by snails before it got going. Mind you, it is the rudbekias that have stolen my heart.

21. Your creativity is wonderful! I loved your blooms and clever artwork! Happy GBBD!

22. What a clever presentation! But the beautiful blooms still steal the show! Happy GBBD.

23. Hilde says:

Beautiful and colourful! Love the presentation, very creative :)
    Happy GBBD!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comment.
    Gave a great weekend :)

24. Rose says:

Wow, Donna! You are so creative! So many gorgeous blooms, but the E with the Monarchs has to be my favorite. Happy Bloom Day!

25. Very fun. Some day I will be able to do another GBBD. Now I will just enjoy other bloggers’ posts. Happy GBBD.

26. GirlSprout says:

Your creativity is so inspiring! I am especially fond of the monarchs in “E.”

27. Marguerite says:

Wonderful graphics Donna! At first I couldn’t figure out what you were spelling. hmm, I’m a little slow, time for bed I think.

28. Dear Donna, Brilliant!! I didn’t think your magazine could be bettered, but this is amazing! Now I want to get Photoshop, although I know my photography can never be compared with yours. P. x

29. Larry says:

I always enjoy visiting your site… and thanks for visiting mine! Larry

30. Gesine says:

A great idea, Donna!
    Thank you so much for your wonderful post and your support!
    Sometimes I´m a bit sad because so few germans participate GBBD. But people like you make it worth to blog, and I´m very happy to meet so many lovely bloggers from the US and all over the world!

31. Les says:

Donna’s a clever girl!

32. TufaGirl says:

Always something creative coming from that mind of yours!

33. Donna, I love it! I only wish I was half as creative as you. Although the post looks simple, visually, I know it wasn’t simple to construct. I can only imagine how long it took to put all that together. Bravo!

34. Cathy says:

Totally fun, unique, and eye catching! Love it!

35. Well, that was a fun diversion! Thanks–you are always so creative! Beautiful images as always, too.

36. Leah says:

This really is definitely quite useful since I’m presently creating an internet floral blog – however I’m in the beginning stages therefore it is really fairly small, in contrast to your blog. It will be great if I could link to some of the blogposts because they are very intriguing. Thanks much. Rachel Smith

37. I LOVED these! So creative!