Meadows in Their Best Light – GGW

Meadows at Sunset

The meadow asters just glow to ‘fill the frame’. These images fill the frame with light, some soft and some flooded with evening glow. This is my submission for GGW. I like the image¬† for the ambiance of the moment.

These two never even noticed the pretty surroundings. These fields are often overlooked because of the majesty of the Niagara Gorge, yet tiny lavender aster are abundantly strutting their stuff.

The trees are just starting to color.

The two meadows brimming with wildflowers, are separated by a field of just grasses and a few goldenrod. Notice the rolling terrain. It is so much more dynamic than a level field.

Drifts of lavender blue make for a pastoral scene.

The grassy meadow is posted with a sign designating it a meadow on the grassy knoll, above. I think we need some sheep here.

This meadow is very large and is a cloud of white and blues. Butterflies and dragonflies are plentiful and I have shot many macros of the insects. Here is a Buckeye enjoying a drink.

But notice he is a backdrop for the crisp shadow.

And the sun slowly sinks over the horizon, the insects take refuge, and the fluttering ceases until tomorrow morning. Time for another day… a new vantage point.

Happily linking with Carolyn of This Grandmother’s Garden for the Autumn Walk Challenge.

About these ads

About Donna Brok

This entry was posted in GGW, photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Meadows in Their Best Light – GGW

1. Thanks for this trip through the meadow. I really like your entry for the contest.

2. Donna says:

You know how much I love meadows. These are gorgeous images and I love the one you chose…I believe you received an honorable mention last time…this time a winner for sure!!

3. Barbie says:

Just beautiful! I just want to jump into the picture and run in the fields! Thank you for sharing!

4. HolleyGarden says:

So pretty! How could this beauty be missed by so many? At least the birds, bees, and butterflies appreciate all the numerous blooms. Pretty photo you are entering. Good luck!

5. beautiful meadows and photos Donna, can’t believe there are places where you can go out in short sleeves, Frances

6. b-a-g says:

Donna – That photo looks like a winner to me – clever idea to fill it with ambience rather than content. It’s quite different to your other photos I’ve seen, maybe because it’s taken at a different time of day.
    Until I got into your blog, my image of New York was New York City as seen on TV … but that’s changing.

7. Greg says:

Nice photos. Takes me there. Good luck.

8. Saw that you were on the GGW winners page… never thought I’d say I loved a pic of a fly, but I do. You elevate him to royalty status, Donna. This entry will send you to the top I’m sure… beautiful! I’m considering entering, it will be my first submission in a contest. I’ll feel good about it if i can figure out how to link the picture.

9. NHGarden says:

Awesome pictures! Love your submission photo! Excellent choice. Good luck :)

10. AHHHHHH! Love the meadow aster photo!!!! Stunning!!!

11. andrea says:

Donna, i love most your meadows especially with the rising sun at the horizon, but when i saw the last one it melted my heart. It is the photo with the great promise, hope, joy! And a bit revolutionary political too with the flag there.

12. Cathy says:

Donna, this is definitely another winner! All the photographs are fabulous but that first picture evokes such a sense of peace!

13. Indie says:

Very different photo – I love how the sunlight fills the frame! I love the pictures of the meadows too; they look so peaceful. Some of them seem to even have a motion – one can feel the wind rippling the grasses. Beautiful!

14. Jeanette says:

Your photograph is so beautiful! Good luck. Lovely meadows. That Buckeye Butterfly photo is awesome.
    Jeanette

15. Layanee says:

I love meadows and hope that there are meadows around for future generations. Your photos are gorgeous.

16. Donna, the first photograph is just stunning. The colors are so warm and inviting, and so representative of fall. It makes me feel warmer just looking at that beautiful orange glow. Good luck in the competition!

17. Donna \i am a bit out of touch what is garden gone wild as a regular feature – rather than – really what mine looks like pretty much all the time.

18. Jennifer says:

Meadows are in their glory at this time of year. I really like your entry to the GGW contest. The asters are simply a glow!

19. One says:

You are right! I bet many didn’t notice the beauty of the meadow. After all, Niagara Falls is filled with beauty in abundance. The meadow may not stand out compared to the rainbow, falls, sunset…People like us would not miss it though. :) Notice the shadow of a pretty flower on the butterfly. Great capture! All the best in GGW contest. Great shout out on the first photo.

20. Dear Donna, I so love the picture for the GGW contest – it’s a winner in my book! What a pity visitors to your wonderful part of the world don’t see the whole picture. So much enjoyed walking through meadows with you. P. x

21. Marguerite says:

The colour of the reds and purples in that first photo are really attention grabbing. Just beautiful.

22. These are so representative of autumn. I particularly like the changing trees at the edge of the field…gorgeous!

23. Stacy says:

This whole series is really wonderful, Donna. Just like it’s easy to overlook meadows when Niagara Falls is nearby, it’s easy to overlook all those lovely pastel colors when you have trees starting to turn in the background. I really enjoyed seeing the meadows in that golden fall light.

24. That first shot is stunning Donna, so atmospheric. We’ve not had many beautiful autumn evenings here, that gold light has been missing, shrouded in grey, which is far less inspirational. Wonderful to see asters growing wild like that.