Month in Tens – November’s Simple Things

The post today is about the simple pleasures you run across in the course of a day that most likely gets overlooked or are taken for granted. It might just be a glance of another being, or something discarded and forgotten. The last Month in Tens in September was about where I was daily, what I was doing, and in what weather, for the 30 days of September. This one is about things not so important, but that bring a smile, none the less.

But Some Business Before we Proceed…

And our next Word 4 Wednesday on November 16, is TEXTURE and PATTERN. Go out and find some. With Texture and Pattern, if you joined in GBBD and Foliage Follow-Up, you can link here also if your textures and patterns are found in those garden shots. Whenever W4W conflicts, I will make sure the words work with the other memes. I really try to be fair and considerate. Thank you to all that have been joining.

Also if you can, leave comments with a W4W word for the following W4W on November 30. We have Recovery kindly submitted by Gardening With Greggo, unless we get more words to pick from. That is going to be a challenging one I think.

Seeing a Field of Homemade Pies, Not Pumpkins Lost Without Their Halloween Cheer. Better to think positive and have a cheerful outlook!

Wishing the Geese a Safe Trip. Better to hope for their safe journey than lament the mess they make in our parks.

Finding Repose. Best to have a time to rest and think. Or a place for little ones to be safe and grow.

Up, Down and All Around, Nothing Like New Beginnings if You are Little and Squirmy. Best to have a safe place to grow and live.

Quiet Moment by the Lake. A place to imagine what is happening on the other side in Toronto, or what lies just beneath the water’s surface at lake’s edge. Better to have imagination and curiosity.

Saying Goodbye Until This Time Next Year. Enjoying the colors and nature’s beauty, no matter how short a time it is here. Better to not look back with regret.

Never Thought You Could Do That. Wow, What a Trick De-shelling That Peanut. Just a simple thing to us, but not so simple to them. Better to think how lucky you really are.

Hey Guys, Welcome Back. Be Good Now, You Hear! I like them when they are not digging up bulbs. I reward them every morning with the seed my cockatoo rejects. They waste no time being thankful for it either. Better to be grateful for all life has to offer.

By the Warm Fireside. So happy for the end of the day, whether it happened yet or not! Better to enjoy time with family if you are lucky enough to have those that matter.

Actually I don’t drink wine, but I was trying out a new plugin in Photoshop and made a faux ad. It is a Simple Creative Pleasure for me!

The next post is entitled, Snapple Capped the Buzz on Bees. I bet you wondering what that title is all about? It made me do some research and bring out the macro shots.

About these ads

About Donna Brok

This entry was posted in Month in Tens and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Month in Tens – November’s Simple Things

1. So often the simple things in life are overlooked. I think this is an appropriate month to be thinking of them and being thankful for all the little things. I love your captures of the squirrels!

2. HolleyGarden says:

Love the way you turned everything into a positive. That’s the way we should always try to see things, although sometimes it’s hard. Love the little caterpillar shot the best, although the bird with the seed is fabulous!

3. andrea says:

You made the simple things so grand and awesome. The artistic touches plus the grouping really made good inspiration too. I love that take on looking up and down plate, meaning be observant for the awesome things around us. Thanks once again Donna! You made my day!

4. Amy says:

After starting the thirty day challenge it has made me realize that it is the simple things that bring the most joy. Always enjoy visiting your blog and seeing your creative posts. :)

5. One says:

Your beautiful captures make me smile though I am not agreeable that they are simple. Capturing a bird with a peanut is not all that simple. Having 2 squirrels in focus when one is in front of the other is not simple either. I don’t drink wine either but your ad is captivating! What is simple for you is admirable for me.

6. I agree–if you can appreciate the simple things you will be satisfied in life–maybe not always happy, but satisfied. Weird that the word next week is textures and patterns–I was already planning a post on a similar topic, so this is perfect! Thanks!

7. Indie says:

I love the picture of the cozy little nest! It looks so soft and warm for baby birds!

I am very curious to hear how the birds get the nut out of the shell – I never thought about it before! That must be quite the effort for a little bird.

8. b-a-g says:

When I look at the field of pumpkins, I remember my yield of one squash. It’s not so simple!

Great post and a wonderful reminder to take notice of the every day things we often take for granted. Love the pony. Hope the snow misses you, it’s about 26 degrees out tonight with about 3″ of snow on the ground which is really crunchy underfoot.

10. elaine says:

Great post and lovely pictures – I fear I am a glass half empty kind of person so ‘always look on the bright side of life’ is something I aspire to.

11. 7aces/Darla says:

It is important how we perceive things isn’t it? Lovely photos.

12. Alistair says:

I think appreciating the simple things in life comes to us so much more easily the older we get.

13. Every day is a gift of simple things – one of my daily pleasures is watching the birds at the feeder outside my kitchen window as the sun rises to the east. Thanks for sharing.

14. Donna says:

Donna such a positive post to help us ease into the big change in weather coming soon….I love the images especially the jay and squirrels

15. Christina says:

So right, it is the little things, the stolen moment, the fleeting view that make life such a pleasure. Christina

16. Your post reminded me that life is a string of little pleasures enjoyed or captured. they can just as easily be missed.

17. patientgardener says:

How about rejuvenation as a future word or accidental

18. Diane says:

Thank you, Donna, for yet another reminder to stop and be thankful for the small things that grace our lives every day, yet which are often overlooked because of the busyness that is everyday life. I’m doing the same thing every day during the start of this busy holiday season…finding something each day to be thankful for. Thank *you* for insight. Love the photo of the bluejay :)

19. I’m a big believer that the simple joys of life are what make it sweet, not the grand flourishes. Here are a few words to consider: nourish, solace, balance, vision, dream. I really like the picture of Lake Ontario. It seems so peaceful.

20. gail says:

The simple things really do bring joy. gail

21. Donna , what a fun plugin.The best things in life are free and they are usually the simple ones too. And I did enjoy all your images but Nov 5th lifted me the most.

22. Jeanette says:

Dear Donna,
    Your pages are always so creative! Thank you for sharing your positive mind’s eye. I look forward to your next post.
    Re: W4W
    This year with our drought in Texas one word that stood out was “fluorescence” because the sweet potato vine was one plant that glowed in some of the mass planting along the boulevards.

23. Found a great word for Dec on Gardening Asylum’s blog…salubrious….maybe after Greggo’s word…

24. Thanks for the reminders and for the beautiful illustrations of them. –John

25. Pingback: Schizostylis Coccinea Major | Aberdeen Gardening - from Bonnie Scotland