January Weather Calendar – 3

• 25 January 2011 23° Clouds/Rain/ Snow late 11am
  • 26 January 2011 25° Light Rain 11am

• 27 January 2012 35° Rain/Snow 3 pm
  • 28 January 2012 Snow 31° Snow/Wind 10 am

29 January 2012 SNOW! 27° 3 pm

30 January 2012  Sun to clouds, and more snow late 28°9 am

31 January 2012 Sun 41° 8 am, the snow will again as it hits 48° today.

Last week, the weatherman reported that we have received 16 inches of total snowfall this winter, where normal winters in WNY record a little over five feet by this time of year. This really is a different year so far. If you want the ‘real’ weather of New York, go here… The Climate of New York. Or see all the weather stats in New York with the Daily Climate Update. It goes back to 1995. My calendar is only in my garden, but this records from Cornell University. What a warm day today will be.

Next is Month in Tens, but it finishes the month with Sticks, Stones, Leaves, & Logs, a Pictorial in Tens. This is a series I started just observing garden finds in the winter landscape. Then we have more from Old Fort Niagara, and I used a tripod and smaller lens. See a world of difference as we enter the fort interiors over the course of a couple of posts.

About these ads

About Donna Brok

This entry was posted in calendar, garden, Month in Tens, My Garden, Weather and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to January Weather Calendar – 3

1. Cat says:

Donna this calendar is just beautiful! What an excellent way to photo journal the month.

2. Well as the proud Golden Snowball winners year after year, we are also behind but a bit more. Of course the 3-6 in we were supposed to get Sunday night into Monday turned into 2 feet with 3 feet in areas just N of me…the official snowfall is taken a few miles down the road at the airport and they had a few inches…we are fast melting again today as it warms into the 40s with yet warmer almost 50 tomorrow…I so enjoy seeing how your weather is so different than mine. And I look forward to seeing more of the Fort!

3. HolleyGarden says:

Love that calendar – especially the side column that tells of the chores needed to do. It’s in the 70′s here today (but cloudy and spotty rain). I’ve decided there will be no winter this year. I hope Mother Nature doesn’t prove me wrong!

4. Barbie says:

I think the calendar is so beautiful!! We don’t get snow here in winter so I love to see photo’s. Thanks for sharing.

5. We didn’t have any January weather – just lots of April weather in January. It was 65 today and a friend reported that she saw birds trying to build a nest. I really need snow in the winter or at least cold temps before I can check off my Winter box. Maybe it’s all the time I spent in ND, SD, and upstate NY (Watertown). Your calendar is gorgeous! I normally prefer gardens that are very billowy and a bit chaotic but the geometry of your garden design is really calming. It reminds me a bit of a Rothko. :o)

• Today we hit the low 50′s. No winter to speak of yet. I can see how missing winter is affecting everyone. My gardens in summer are pretty billowy when the whole front yard between the boxwood has the perennials and roses growing. Same in the backyard too. Winter it really is very structured, but not at all the other three months. I too think it is calming for winter. This coming year, the perennials will be three years old out front and they will be coming into their own then. It should be pretty crazy out there.

6. 60 degrees here today and about 2″ of snow for the winter. I love snow but it is too late now. flowers are blooming plants are out. The new USDA hardiness map moves us to zone 7a. When we moved here in 1983, it was 6a. It feels like a big change. The calendar is glorious.

7. Sheila says:

Donna, I always enjoy your creativity in presenting photographs. I have nominated you for the Versatile Bloggers Award. See http://greenplace-chapelhill.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-thought-id-share-favorite-photograph.html

8. I love your calendar and am enjoying the snow vicariously through you. We’ve just had a lot of rain in Georgia.

9. I still love this weather calendar idea. Precipitation seems low in many parts of the country this winter. We weren’t even 30% of normal rainfall a couple of weeks ago (I haven’t checked again since our last storm). That said though, there’s still plenty of time for winter to finally get a grip…we’ll have to see what the groundhog has to say tomorrow ;)

10. Marguerite says:

Looks like we’ve been having very similar weather patterns to you. Snow and cold followed by rain and high temps, followed again by snow. I’m at a loss as how to dress in the mornings.

11. Lyn says:

Donna, I enjoy your blog so much that I want to give you a Versatile Blogger Award. I’ve announced the award and linked to you on this post, which also has instructions on passing the award on if you wish to: