Month in Tens – Garden Whites

About these ads

About Donna Brok

This entry was posted in FLOWERS, garden, Month in Tens, Nature, photography, photos, quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Month in Tens – Garden Whites

1. Took my breath away again, Donna! I’m liking the month in whites. Breathtaking!

2. Nicole says:

Hi Donna! The photos coupled with the quotes were just beautiful! Such a nice night-cap to my day!

3. Makes me want to see my white garden….right now we are getting real winter white-SNOW and lots of it they say for Saturday…

4. Lovely pictures and appropriate quotes

5. jakesprinter says:

Awesome Garden of white flowers very elegant ,Nice :)

6. Meta says:

Very nicely and creatively done.

7. Every photo is so stunning! Really breathtaking! The quotes just compliment your beautiful photography!

8. I can always count on your blog for reliably wonderful eye candy. Very nice job!

9. LYNN ROGERS says:

Donna, loved the pix and quotes. You’ve outdone yourself, girl!

10. Jennifer says:

Donna, This is a stunning collection of photos with quotes! Bravo!

11. b-a-g says:

Donna – These photos are stunning. It’s really difficult to photograph white.

12. Marguerite says:

Wonderful quotes and one of my favourite colours in the garden. Greens and whites compliment each other so beautifully and your photos show that combination perfectly.

13. Ida says:

Stunning! All these flowers/quotes are just breathtaking. Thank you for sharing.

14. Shyrlene says:

Ever since I read an article (years ago) about the ‘glow’ of white flowers in moonlight, I have LOVED the idea of a “Moon Garden”. Now I just find them enchanting, just because of their beauty – no matter what time of day. What a great post, Donna!

15. HolleyGarden says:

Beautiful. I’ve noticed a lot of whites in my garden this spring. I think the apple blossoms and tulips are my favorite. Enjoyed the quotes, too.

16. Another wonderful and creative post. Love the white. Gertrude Wister was from near here. I have been to her garden several times, and Charles Cresson (camellias and winter seminars) worked for her.

17. Christine says:

Donna, this has to be one of my favourite posts of yours ever. Every single photo a masterpiece and coupled with the lovely quotes … BEAUTIFUL! AND its about my favourite flower colour. Very. very special!

PS: I love the quote by Robin Williams … Spring is Nature’s way of saying “Lets Party!”. So true :)

18. sweetbay103 says:

Anyone who doesn’t care that much for white flowers would change their mind after seeing this post. Beautiful photos!

19. Lisa says:

Wow. GORGEOUS photos.

20. Going Native says:

Beautiful post, as always. It was a perfect way to start my day. Thank you.

21. Les says:

You led off with the best quote.

22. nhgarden says:

Fantastic Whites!!!

23. Alistair says:

Gorgeous pictures and lovely quotes for me to dwell upon, on the other hand, (lets party!)

24. islandthreads says:

Donna, beautiful photos, I especially like the second to last with the little ant or something on the top of the flower and the dragon fly suspended in flight on the left, Frances

25. sheila2read says:

Donna, this is one of the most beautiful collection of photos and flowers I’ve ever seen. You take my breath away.

26. The bearded Iris is nigh on perfection Donna but all these albas reminded me of the Chesterton quote:
    White … is not a mere absence of colour;
    it is a shining and affirmative thing…
    God paints in many colours;
    but He never paints so gorgeously,
    … as when He paints in white.

27. Maia says:

What a beautiful post with so many breathtaking macro shots and lovely quotes.

28. bumblelush says:

Beautiful pictures and thoughtful quotes. I can identify with the one about the water lily –we have one and it seems to bloom only for a few days before it disappears again. The white blooms make me think of the transition from winter to spring, when everything goes from white to full color!

29. Except for the fruit trees in the orchard, I’m not I have many white blooms in this garden. I hadn’t really thought about that until glancing through your beautiful photos. The white tulips look so elegant.

30. Brian Comeau says:

Simply amazing work again Donna.

31. These are incredibly lovely images of white. Too often white blooms are not given that second look, but with this display there is no denying the range of hues in white and the reflections of light that bounce off those lovely petals.

32. What a site for poor (winter) eyes, Donna! THANKS!

33. sweetbay103 says:

PS do you happen to know the name of the white iris? I have a mystery white iris whose identity I’ve been looking for.