Carolyn and Donna in St. Lucia

We are having a great time, with so much to see and do. We are visiting my cousin here in St. Lucia at her beautiful home in a very scenic part of the island. Here are some photos of the sites Carolyn and I are seeing on the island.

20130127-094003.jpg

The Pitons, for what St. Lucia is known.

20130127-094052.jpg

Hummingbird in my cousin’s garden.

20130127-094143.jpg

My cousin’s boat, Captain and First mate. Carolyn is in the front of the boat on the right! I am on the dock shooting photos and they were coming back to pick me up to go whale hunting and later, snorkeling in the Caribbean.

20130127-094222.jpg

My cousin’s pool at her home.

20130127-094320.jpg

A horse on the beach. Horses on the island are not very well kept. Usually you see them tied beside a road with no water and only the grass they can reach from a short tether. They are left tied out in rain and wind too.

20130127-094416.jpg

Sunset taken from the pool at the house.

20130127-094451.jpg

A sheep tethered in a field. They treat all animals in the same way. The locals do not often own property and tie the animals to graze wherever they can.

20130127-094555.jpg

The bird feeder in the back garden. The grackles are eating cat food. Mockingbirds also come for the cat food.

20130127-094618.jpg

Soufrière, Saint Lucia with a view of the Pitons.

20130127-094722.jpg

My cousin riding her thoroughbred, with a view of her home up on the bluff.

20130127-094911.jpg

Sugar Beach, a five-star Viceroy Resort. It was formally the Jalousie Plantation. We were here on these lounges two days. You put up a red flag and the attendants come to bring you whatever you wish. Now that I could get used to.

20130127-094952.jpg

My first day snorkeling at the location above. The fish came right up to me.

About these ads

About Donna Brok

This entry was posted in garden and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Carolyn and Donna in St. Lucia

1. Christy says:

Wow…just beautiful!! Looks like a wonderful place for a vacation!

2. Charlie says:

The photos are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

3. Shirley says:

Beautiful scenes and you picked a great week to head to a warmer climate.

4. Enjoy your vacation. We spent a week at a resort on the island and had a fabulous time. Having access to all of St Lucia would be wonderful.

5. Gorgeous! Have a great time!

6. Just fabulous…what an adventure and so glad you are having a great time…so cold here!!

7. Wow! Just gorgeous. I’d never even heard of St. Lucia but sounds like a fantastic place. How lucky to have a relative living there.

8. Oh, Donna, you are lucky, lucky, lucky :-) The warm weather, my God. I want it too!!! Relax and continue to show us your wonderful photos.

9. How fun! Looks like y’all are having a fabulous time! Are these taken with your new camera? How are you liking it?

Outstandingly beautiful…have never been there. Thank you for sharing the photos with us.

11. Definitely, you are having fantastic time. Enjoy it!!!

12. How tempting is this! Superb photos as usual! Thanks for the post. Paula

13. diggingher says:

Looks lovely. Thanks for sharing.

14. Gorgeous! I want to hear more about that underwater photo.

15. Pat says:

What a beautiful place!

16. HolleyGarden says:

Just wonderful! I hope you both have a fabulous time!

17. Les says:

I wish to be the horse.

Oh, Donna, it looks SO much nicer there than here! Thank you for sharing these marvelous photos.

19. Looks to be the perfect place to escape winter weather!! Enjoy!

20. Gorgeous views! Thanks so much for “taking us along” for a virtual trip!

21. I need to get to this island..mountains, beach, sand and ponies in the water? It’s my heaven ! Your photos are fabulous!

22. A definite scenic trip! The horse running away to the beach…the goat looking up from a meadow of grass and flowers…beautiful! And they’re just things I want to do myself! Lol. Have a really nice time!

23. Barbie says:

Oh how absolutely beautiful – paradise!! It’s like living in your holiday house! Love to see more photos of this place!!

24. Jennifer says:

We had a snow storm overnight. It is nice to have something warm and tropical to look at on the screen. I hope you have a great holiday!

Wow, what a gorgeous place! Thank you for sharing it through your stunning photographs!

26. Fossillady says:

I love the photo with the view of the village and the foot mountains directly behind. Really gives a feel perspective of the immensity! Glad you’re enjoying yourselves! kathi

27. Victor Ho says:

Nice underwater shot. What camera? I was there many many years ago. My wife will never sail with me again. In all honesty I did try to get her back into the boat. And no, I did not push her out.

28. Incredible beauty! You’ve just made all of your folowers and visitors VERY envious!

29. Brian Comeau says:

I love the image of the horse on the beach…Really beautiful! Hope you had fun!

30. Andrea says:

Donna, i am so envious. Caribean is so famous for the ‘rich and famous’, and your cousin is rich, with a very fabulous place of her own. We have resorts and properties here in the country looking like that and they are really full during the dry season. Lots of foreign tourists come here too.

31. Looks like you’ve had a fabulous time, and come away with some very nice images. I’ve got to figure out how to get one of those red flags to work at my house

32. Wow. You picked a great cousin!