Ya Gotta Love Orange

Snails-360mm macro lens – tripod – white board behind plant

It keeps em’ coming.

Butterfly-Weed--228-300mm zoom

Photography… it really enhances the garden experience.

Butterfly-Weed-2

You never know what you will find next.

Deleware-Skipper

Monarch6-29-14

Buckeye

Some good…or

Snails-2

two garden demolition experts taking a break.

Monarch6-29-14-1A good sight to see!

GaillardiaNative plants and insects, and those that are not, but still are welcome. Orange does not have to be all orange, yellow makes a nice backdrop.

Wild-OneBack to the insects, what more can you ask for in a color.

Orange-Dragonfly

Just a word on the Monarchs. I have seen quite a few of them this year. They are visiting the butterfly weed and the milkweed. Saw them in my garden and it was very late last year when I saw them last. They are nectaring on a lot of my annuals too. Definitely a good sign.

Monarch6-30-14I have more dragonflies and “pretty ” snails with thoughts on nature on Nature and Wildlife Pics. I put my best images over there, usually with a very short story.

About these ads

This entry was posted in garden, photography and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Ya Gotta Love Orange

1. lulu says:

I love this! Every photo tells its own story. I can’t wait to try the whiteboard idea in the garden.

2. Well, I too feel attracted to orange!!!! :-)
    Gorgeous photos, Donna! :-)

3. Flora says:

Hello Donna, I appreciate your blog a lot! I think you are right when you say that photography enhances the garden experience! I’m a photographer for job and a gardener for hobby, but my green terrace is what has brought back to me the photography passion.
    Very beautiful pics, congrats! :-)
    Flora

4. Sara says:

Clever idea. I also love orange.

5. Lovely shots! I love the entire collection.

6. bittster says:

So good to see monarchs showing up in your shots, I haven’t seen one yet but they tend to avoid my yard until the return journey.

7. Beautiful color and clarity.

8. Great photos as usual! Did you also use a black board behind that photo as well? The white and black background really give you a great photo. Glad to see the monarchs are back. Hope this is a good year for them and the other butterflies as well. The snails were pretty, but between them and the slugs they can do a lot of damage in my garden.

9. alesiablogs says:

Your post today speaks to nature and says: ” I am so glad summer is here!” Love the photos and the oranges!

10. Nylabluesmum says:

Hello Donna: Sherri-Ellen here from The Purrfect Pad here. I am a friend of Eileen’s & she sent me the link to this blog!! I love your photos! Love the colour theme & all the insencts & flowers are so beautiful. Adore the 3rd photo of the bird also…what a great action shot!!
    Wishing you all the best.
    Sherri-Ellen & Nylablue too

11. Such phenomenal photos. Thanks!!!

12. As always, amazing pictures! I have never seen snails on butterflyweed! Those butterfly shots are really wonderful. And as you know, I share your love of orange.

13. gardengirl92 says:

Beautiful pictures and so glad the monarchs are doing well by you! I only saw one last year in my yard and none so far this year. It’s very sad. I let the milkweed grow wild in my beds just for them.

These are beautiful images Donna, have a great week.

15. Very beautiful pictures, thank you. I heard Monarchs were in trouble, do you know the current situation?

16. Debra says:

Photography really does add to the gardening experience. I find I am so much more minfdul of beauty and more focused when I am behind a camera. Plus, I see more — somtimes even spotting pests I would have missed.

17. Sorry, I have been out of the loop for over a month with illness, vacation, and closing down he business. I also wanted to read this post on my iPad to see the excellent photos, you know how I love orange flowers. And what gorgeous snails. So happy about the monarchs too. I just purchased five butterfly weed plants for one of the gardens out on Cliff.

18. Jennifer says:

Amazing clarity of focus in your images Donna. You can see every glorious detail! I am noting more butterflies this year. No Monarchs yet, but hopefully soon.

19. Oooh, I love this set of photography! The colors are beautiful, the focus is spot on, and the details are intriguing. :)

We love orange in our household! I’m glad to hear that you’re seeing more monarchs.

21. The Butterfly Weed seems especially vibrant this year. It’s stunning, actually. I was just at the University of Wisconsin Arboretum today, and there were healthy patches of it all over the place. Also other species, too, but the Butterfly Weed seems especially healthy. Mine is blooming now, too. I agree about the monarchs. I’m seeing more lately, too. Gorgeous captures!

22. You are very lucky to see monarchs….our area is so laden with farms using pesticides and milkweed just making a comeback so I usually only see them anymore on their way South in fall…we saw a tattered tiger swallowtail in June and one red admiral in July..pathetic. Hoping for more but so many neighbors now spraying lawns to grow them greener or to get rid of mosquitoes so I am not holding my breath…lots of birds and pollinators here though.

23. I almost missed this post. Using a piece of white board is a nifty trick!

24. Denise says:

Your snails are beautiful Donna.So clean and shiny. Our snails are usually dull and dirty. Maybe I should wash them before taking their picture?

25. Alisha says:

love all the pictures…orange is my favorite…thanks for sharing Donna

26. Of Gardens says:

I don’t love orange, but I love this photo.