GBBD and Tag Along Thursday

The Niagara Falls Garden Magazine, Debut

Hope you enjoy my online rag, and stop back all next week for beautiful parks and gardens showing the colors of Autumn. Happy Monday takes you South of here. Click for a larger view and if you want to go to May Dreams Gardens, click the page dedicated to her site.

This entry was posted in Bloom Day, garden, My Garden, Niagara Falls, Tag Along Thursday and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to GBBD and Tag Along Thursday

1. TufaGirl says:

Lovely magazine. You are one busy girl!

2. I always feel like I am visiting a fine magazine when I visit your beautiful blog GWGT. You are so clever and talented in design and in your lovely photos. Excuse me but that is no jungle… good grief … you call that a mess. I cannot imagine what you would think of my jungle. This is a stunning presentation and text. ;>)

• Carol, wait and see about the jungle. I was out digging it all up. Back breaking work for five hours. I will post my new reorganized bed. You have a jungle? Absolutely no way. I was at your Bloom Day post and it is gorgeous at your property. I love the grass and the asters.

3. This was a great read as usual and the pictures were just as great.

4. One says:

Goodness gracious, Donna! You even included a bar code!!! Lovely photos with excellent quality.

• Well, had to have a bar code. It came off one of my garden magazines. Was not about to create one. That would be time consuming. Thanks for admiring the photos. Like I mentioned to Bom, I was not satisfied with them, except the cover. That is the only pard of the garden with any real color.

5. A Garden of Threads says:

Wonderful post, love all the photos. Take care and have a great weekend.

6. You also have a good weekend. Glad you stopped by today.

7. Town Mouse says:

Happy bloom day to you! I see that just like me, you couldn’t resist sneaking in some fall color. Isn’t it glorious?

8. Donna it is so good to come over here – I loved your magazine style post. Your garden is lovely despite what you say about it being a jungle. We’ve got a Gilbert aswell here – he makes me laugh sometimes with his antics around the bird feeders.

• I know, those acrobats. Gilbert has figured out the most squirrel proof feeders. His trick is destroy them and all the seed falls out. I just tacked the jungle portion this morning. Now I have in 7 hours of work on one bed. I am pooped. Glad to be back reading posts.

9. Les says:

I can tell you put a lot of work into the e-zine, very nice! Happy GBBD too.

10. Dear Donna, You had me fooled on my first visit to your site as I really thought this was an advertisement for a new gardening magazine. I was all ready to take out a subscription! What a wonderful post … clever and informative with beautiful photographs. My only criticism is your description of ‘jungle’ – I wish my jungle looked like that. I love the way you have used shrubs in your landscape. I will return often as I can see there is a lot to learn here. Oh, and thanks for visiting my blog. Pam x

• Thank you for all the kind words. I guess I should have actually showed the jungle portion. That bed was a real mess. Iris and lilies all needing to be split. Job done today though. I am hurting.

11. patty says:

Wow, I was also under the impression that I was looking at a garden magazine. Very impressive Donna. I thought maybe I liked one section over the other, but no they were all superb looking!

12. Debbie says:

What a fun concept for showcasing your garden. Your photos are simply lovely, the shot of the hillside in fall color is so peaceful. I hope you’ll post a similiar shot with the trees covered in snow.

• Snow shots will abound. We get plenty of snow. I also make snow animals in the garden in winter when the snow is the right consistency.

The hills shot is not from here, it is on the way to Pennsylvania, where my family lives. We are very flat in Niagara Falls, and I miss the mountainous terrain from my youth. But I just came back from southern New York and I have a lot of hills in color to show on Monday and later in the week. Thanks for stopping in, and try to see Happy Monday’s post.

13. linda says:

Now THAT was cool! Very clever and creative.

14. This project of yours shows some serious dedication, far more than I’ve ever shown towards my own little greenspace. Congrats!

15. Paul says:

May I just say, “Wow”. I’m very impressed with what you have here. Thanks for popping over to my little site. In comparison I can’t imagine the talent it takes to produce your blog. Well done.

• Thanks. I was a graphic artist before an architect, so I do this stuff really, really fast. It is faster for me mocking up a page in Photoshop or InDesign than loading images one by one into WordPress. I may do this more often. If you have seen any of my other posts, you will see I do it pretty often as it is.

16. Joy says:

Hey there girl !
    I love your layout and this amazing magazine with great information !
    I have recently invested in some Japanese Maples and would LOVE more of them (I figured out a new spot where a Monkshood is failing .. so many years and that is it !)
    So this explanation of pruning them for a spread canopy style is what I am looking for.
    We saw very artful pruning techniques while we lived in the Netherlands .. Belgium was amazing for trees as well .. so many places so much information !
    Great job and keep it coming !
    Joy : )

• I am glad you like the pruning post. I find them easy to maintain mainly because they are generally small trees. I have clients that have 30 Japanese Maples. I did a pruning gone bad post on them too.

17. Rose says:

A beautiful magazine–I would subscribe! And your “jungle” is quite a beauty. I love your collection of fall photos–this is one of my favorite times of year. Happy Bloom Day!

18. Layanee says:

Love the sky pictures and also the GBBD post. Your resident squirrel is waiting to pounce it seems.

• Gilbert has invited a new friend to help with the hunt for bulbs, a black squirrel I named Gaylord. With hundreds of bulbs planted, I am hoping to see the majority of them. I plant them deep and plant Allium aflatunense above. It has fooled the squirrels for years. But now he has a helper…hum. Maybe two heads are better than one.

19. I’ve been meaning to tell you for some time — I really like your magazine. Thanks for always posting such high quality stuff out there.

20. Beautiful magazine. I am a print/web designer so I can admire this along with the content. Thanks for the virtual fall garden tour–my favorite season.