Words for Wordless Wednesday

I will infuse my day with childlike glee,

and sketch to find the kid hiding in me.

Envision the climb I can no longer do,

but imagine the ascent as if I pursue.

I will plant a wee seed and watch it grow,

to appreciate the wonder for all tomorrow.

Take a moment in life to see what is there,

Nature so glorious and time is so rare.

Black or white is life as many will say,

But color and light is what I wish to convey.

Despite gray illusion to the contraire

Life is vivid to those so alertly aware.

Find abstraction in life and make sense of it all,

Or keep the mystery alive and surprise may befall.

Find patience to listen for what might not be said,

In pictures and prose inspiration, widespread.

Laugh, give and learn each wonderful day,

You might be surprised what you find I daresay.

Grab your bolo and cane, kick up your heels,

Find the goodness that life so graciously reveals.

Donna

This entry was posted in garden, My Creative Posts, Poems, Trees, Words for Wednesday and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Words for Wordless Wednesday

1. One says:

Wow! That’s a sweet, meaningful poem. You didn’t sketch that beautiful girl and pup, did you?

• Yes, but maybe 20 years ago. I was paging through my sketch book and pulled out random images. Then made a poem to fit the images. It is a creative exercise to use when you feel like you get writer’s cramp, or in my case lift my spirits. The difference in images gets you thinking more freely and openly. The key is to try to make it all make sense.

2. fairegarden says:

I love this!!!! Words or wisdom and images of magic. Thanks, you are so talented! đŸ™‚

• Thank-you, you write even a comment in the most delightful way. I have a hard time with words sometimes, I am mildly dyslexic, so reading and writing is a pain in the neck sometimes. But, when I get into jumble of words, like when I am reading a book like I was, I can straighten them out in rhyme. I was doing this as a kid and never knew why. I finally found out in college that I had this weird reading/writing issue.

3. Beautiful! I love the morning glory sketch.

4. Thank-you. I had a second and more artistic morning glory sketch I was going to include instead that I did last year, but used this one from a long time ago instead. It seem to fit the ‘watching it grow’ line better.

5. Andrea says:

What a wonderful way to deviate from the WW! …and your sketches are very very beautiful. thank you.

6. Charlie Chaplin lives again, and gazes out at us …

7. You are wonderfully talented! Beautifully said!

Donna, you are a very talented artist and writer, I am in awe! What a great post.

9. One says:

I came back to admire your sketches again. You are more talented than I thought. The first sketch is spectacular. I cannot describe with words as I am not very good at articulating.

10. “Find patience to listen for what might not be said” love this! That thought is my everyday prayer as I go about my life’s work of mothering and grandmothering. You fresh outlook blesses my life, Donna. I love reading your posts!

11. Tatyana says:

Bravo, Donna! Why to be wordless when you have so much to say!

12. Dear Donna, Oh, how I envy your talent for drawing and for writing! A magical post. Pam x

13. Beautiful Donna! Your drawings and poem just perfect images and words for the wordless. Here’s to the great mystery! ;>)

14. Mary Ellen says:

I like your rhyme and reason-very inspiring-I feel great after reading your poem.

• A mutual friend of ours is the one who suggested I slow down a bit. She gave me the inspiration, not idea, to mix it up a bit with writing a poem. That and my frustration with reading sometimes. I get this difficulty when I get too busy with life and work. Stress and lack of sleep makes me mix up words and writing of words. I just do not see the errors.