Happy Monday – Cafe de Squirrel

Hope you enjoyed the fun.  This post is a companion post to Everybody is Watching Everybody.  To find out how Gilbert went into the restaurant business, see the October 26 post.

Ad Illustration by Donna.

Tips for Tuesday will get serious about another garden pest with an eye on deer in the garden. Great advice and plant selection courtesy of Cornell Cooperative Extension.

This entry was posted in Animals, Funny Fotos, Funny Stories, garden, Happy Monday, My Creative Posts, Squirrels. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Happy Monday – Cafe de Squirrel

1. TufaGirl says:

Sigh. Life at a new place and I am hoping the squirrels will not be moving into my temporary greenhouse. Not used to having so many of the critters in my yard.

2. TS says:

ha ha ha!!! Fabulous post!!! Cafe du Squirrel is actually a franchise!! The VA squirrels have several tables set up in the woods near my house and were caught harvesting bulbs from my garden this afternoon. Apparently, they prefer their food fresh and local.

• Squirrels are a gardener’s nemesis. For some reason they like bulbs the best. That or they are just greedy and anything they can find is game. I think they are just devious and enjoy the torment.

3. One says:

I love your drawings. They are better than the chipmunks. 🙂 Have they been burying corns? If they do, you may have a great corn harvest next year.

• Thanks for the compliment. I have fun coming up with the graphics. I could actually make a book out of what goes through my head when I get an idea. I was sick this weekend so I did not have time to complete my post before Monday. But, that is OK. It went with the Oct. 26 post, so if people look back, they get the background.

4. Bom says:

Am I lucky that noone has opened a branch here?

5. Cat says:

Donna I don’t know where you find the time but I’m glad you do because your posts are so wonderful and entertaining! Thanks for a good laugh on a cloudy Monday morning!

• I draw really fast, especially on the computer. I type really slow and badly for that matter, so that is what takes me forever. Drawing is my thing, but writing, not so much. I am glad you found the post fun. Cloudy for you, we are sunny all day today. The sky is deep blue and the remaining leaves on the trees are glistening gold. A lovely day here in the Falls.

6. Missy says:

No wonder you are getting so many squirrels with such a great campaign. I’d book your garden for my wedding (if I was a squirrel)

• I know, Gilbert is a whiz at marketing. We now have many digging around looking for corn. The whole neighborhood was stripped of corn I think. I think I started a squirrel riot. I should have video taped the squirrel battles in the center median of our street. All the decorations with corn stalks were stripped bare. At the base of the display, squirrels were rolling around in battle over the corn. It was rather hilarious. But one poor guy got run over by a car during the scap.