Pick Pink

This entry was posted in COLOR, FLOWERS, Funny Fotos, garden and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Pick Pink

Wow, I’m definitely thinking and picking Pink today! How beautiful, love the flamingoes and the pink house, too!

2. Missy says:

Who can argue – In all it’s shades, pink in the garden is wonderful. Not sure about flamingos in the garden though đŸ˜‰

• I too like pink in the garden, although I do not have much after spring. I have a couple client’s who have only pink flowers, some are shown. But none of them has any flamingos. I wouldn’t allow it unless they were walking of their own free will.. Ha ha.

3. One says:

Pink is such a sweet color. Your drawing of flamingos makes the whole post even pinkier and sweeter. Picking Pink today.

• Pink goes from sweet to almost sinister hot. Add black and you have got a lot of pink bang for the buck and last year in interior design, it was shown quite a bit. Pink is a great color for designers. The variation changes mood dramatically.

4. Hi Donna,
    Stuart has just informed me that you have added me to your favourite blotanist list. This is such an honour. I feel like a kid who has been handed an ice-cream. Thank you very much.
    I think we share a fondness for pink, and for flamingos. Love the pictures. Wikk show you my flamingo collection soon.
    Have a great day,
    Rosie

5. Beautiful! And how wonderful it would be if flamingos walked into my garden! The thought of it makes me smile. I have two (plastic) ones in the back yard though — out of the sight of our fussy Homeowner’s Association.

• Real flamingos, oh yes. The plastic ones are fine in a garden that has the whimsical nature, but none of my clients have whimsy, only me. I have gnomes, but they live inside. My neighbor has lighted flamingos. His garden is all whimsy and it looks really fun and colorful.

6. p3chandan says:

Im not too fond of pink dresses or pink room…but definitely I love all shades of pink in the garden! Your mosaics look gorgeous!

7. lifeshighway says:

I love a color themed garden. My front is all in purples and blues. The flamingos are a nice touch for your pink theme today. They add a spot of fun in your collage.

8. I have always been fond of pink. You have some pretty pinks in your garden! It seems to go with a lot of other colors. Pretty post!!

9. In my twenties I felt as if everything I wore was pink. Now I have mellowed down to the odd pink T shirt. And my pink roses range from almost pink to actually red. Passing as many variations as possible on the way. I’ll pass on the pink plastic flamingoes, prefer to see the real thing sometimes ;>)

10. Pink has never been on my list of favorites, but I’m finding that there are some pinks I actually like in the garden. But never on a plastic flamingo. Hope it perked you up, Donna and that your rib is healing quickly.

• Pale pinks are my favorite. The hot pink peony in my garden was a gift. And the pink campanulas are more to my liking. In fact, all the hot colors in my garden were either saved or a gift. The Monarda is a new variety that I am trying for disease resistance. I am so glad you dropped by. I hope you are healing as well. At least I can sit down. LOL

11. Marguerite says:

I love pink flowers, I could even do the flamingos but I don’t think I could do the house. Wow, that is just a whole lot of pink!

• Flamingos are really a personal garden choice. I know loads of people that have them in their gardens. Me too on that house. It is in Buffalo and I photographed it this summer. Actually, I photographed three pink houses that day. Also three black houses. They are two very unusual colors for architecture. I doubt I would ever spec pink paint for a homeowner.

12. That’s my neighbor’s pink house. Quite adventurous I say. It casts a nuclear pink glow on the white house next door.

• Thank for the commentary on the pink house. I knew it was your neighbor’s house, so I tried to be very polite about it. It takes a lot of confidence and daring to paint a house such a vibrant and unusual color. They should put a little portico on the front entry. I almost want to design one and send it their way.

About the pink glow, there is another one in Buffalo, I can’t remember the street, but it is also bright pink, and I have a photo of it in daylight casting pink onto the neighbor’s home. Almost like a neon sign would.