GBBD December Magazine

Happy Ramadan

Happy Boxing Day

Happy Diwali

Happy Yule

Happy Human Light

Happy Garden Blogger’s Bloom Day

Whatever you celebrate do it with peace and joy.

This entry was posted in Blogging, Bloom Day, Christmas, garden, Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, My Creative Posts, Niagara Falls, Winter and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to GBBD December Magazine

1. One says:

Absolutely love your magazine, Donna. Fowl weather? Haha!

I see 664 is covered with snow. There may be some good there. The soil rest while your bulbs are getting ready to bloom. I have a lot of weeding to do.

2. Oh Donna it’s another wonderful addition to browse through at breakfast time here. I really liked seeing a close up of that beautiful christmas tree I was admiring last night. Your bird photos in the snow are just adorable.

Oh what stares from those cats – I hope they sleep for a long time each day when the decorations are out on display.

• Thank you Rosie. I am glad you found the right post. All my viewers have been going to a GBBD post from November and leaving comments. I cut and paste the URL in Mr. Linky, and it did not take it. It auto-completed the address and listed the older post. Then I tried adding it again, and finally it worked. I hope my viewers get to see this post. Glad you did.

3. Happy GBBD Donna, and thank you for some lovely Christmassy images to enjoy with my morning mug of tea.

4. Thank you Janet, and glad you found the right link.

5. Mac_fromAustralia says:

An absolutely beautiful post.

6. Christina says:

Lovely Christmassy images, I’m somehow I’m not in the mood yet – snow would do it for me and it is forecast for Friday here in Viterbo, Italy.

7. Rose says:

It’s always a treat to read the latest issue of “Garden Talk”! We’re having much the same “fowl” weather:) But your photos make it all look so appealing–beautiful Christmas tree, and I love the natural textures. Our cats are generally pretty well-behaved here, but Frosty and Jingles remind me of the year I found the Christmas tree toppled over one morning after the cat decided to jump on an ornament at its top:) Stay warm!

• Rose, had that happen too. I was so angry to see the tree in a heap of broken ornaments, now they are all plastic. Jingles was the culprit when she was young. Now she is eighteen. Frosty is still young at four.

8. patty says:

Once again a fabulous magazine. Those birds look cold out there. My cat is also enjoying the indoors, to a degree. She doesn’t mind the snow but at a certain temperature she snubs her nose at the outside world – meanwhile the house is getting cold since I am holding the door open for her to go out.

9. Very enjoyable. Are those your chickens? Now I find out you are a fellow cat lover. Your cats are adorable, but they do have that look in their eyes that cats get at Christmas when they see the sparkly ornaments. Watch out. Grab your gnome to ward them off. Carolyn

• Thanks Carolyn. The chickens are at the farm. I am amazed that they roam around and the coyotes don’t get them. Of course, I am not sure I would really know because they all look the same to me. There are a lot of them.

I really am a dog lover, but the cats looked so pitiful and were screaming so loud. I was amazed my Akita left them in the house.

10. Lotusleaf says:

I enjoyed going through your magazine. Thank you for visiting my blog.

• You are very welcome. I get to see so many blogs I do not see on a daily basis this way. And find so many new ones I have not seen before. I love the 15 th of the month, even though five of the months are gray and dreary for me. I get to see flowers from all over the world who are having either spring, or tropical weather.

11. Cat says:

Oh, your Jingles looks so much like my Baby Kitty…she lived to be 21 and died a few years ago…I still expect her to come running when the tuna is opened! What a nice memory while reading your magazine! Our dog is a rescue too who came to live here during Christmas. He is named after Blitzen the reindeer. Enjoyed your post as always…your creativity is infectious.

12. My dog Bagel was a rescue and I got him on December 23. What a coincidence with your dog Blitzen. When I was in Pennsylvania, I had a dog named Blitzen. She was a Lab. Also a stray and Christmas find.

Jingles loves tuna. And I have no clue how you can just open a can so quietly and THEY KNOW. Frosty does not like tuna, but give him roast beef….

13. Jennifer says:

Great magazine layouts! What a creative format for a post! Bravo.

14. p3chandan says:

Great magazine with stunning photos! Merry Xmas to you!

15. noel says:

aloha,

yes i agree, what a beautiful garden spread, very colorful and quite festive…thanks for sharing this, i love the photography also.

noel

16. Dear Donna, When I saw the title of this post in my blogroll, I hoped it was another edition of your magazine, which I happen to think is the best thing you do! It is funny and informative, with beautiful photographs, as usual. I didn’t know the black squirrel is just an Eastern gray with a suntan! Your tree-trimming prowess is awesome – I wish you could come and give me a hand with mine. Happy Boxing Day to you, too (I think you hit every holiday – Boxing Day is the one we celebrate at our house.) Wonderful post! P. x

• I am so glad you like my periodical. It is so easy for me to make. I am doing a post on Foliage Follow-Up with like eighteen images and it is taking me much longer than if I put it into my pre-determined magazine format. I just threw my December issue together in no time, ideas and all, and this post is taking over two hours, and there is no photo editing. It is the uploading of each image and typing that is time consuming.

Happy Boxing Day. I was thinking about a few of you when I was typing it too. I don’t know all the greetings with associated practitioners but I was pretty sure about Boxing Day.

17. Beautiful magazine! I think my daughter would love to meet Gaylord the squirrel. 🙂

18. joene says:

Beautiful photos, great concept … so glad you left a comment on my blog and enticed me to visit here.

19. Love the bloom day mag! Very cool. Glad I found the right edition. First time I stopped by it was November. Glad to see December up and runnin’!

20. What a fabulous magazine! I found you from your comment at Hill Country Mysteries–and am so glad you stopped by so I could follow you back here. Beautiful pictures, sweet thoughts. I loved seeing your wildlife. Can’t imagine how birds survive in your climate!

I’ll be back to visit again.

21. Andrea says:

I won’t say anything anymore, just awesome! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays for you. May you be fully blessed.

22. Elaine says:

What a fun, creative, and beautiful magazine! Your pictures of the wild life are wonderful and I love your layout and design. Great post!

23. lifeshighway says:

Donna, just wow I am impressed. I loved your magazine. You put so much time and effort into your entries that it is kind of humbling. Perhaps you could send some of your energy down my way.