The Gnomes Take on Santa in Numbers

The Gnomes Take on Santa

Click to make larger, the army of little gnomes are cute

Think to copy us will ya, Santa!

Mediation is over.

Come on gnomes, we’re taking back Christmas.

And now for their story….

The Gnomes Reclaim Christmas

Twas the week before Christmas and word at the Pole,
was Santa is grumpy cause gnomes are hard to control.

Troubles been brewing so say the gnomes,
it was written long ago in leather-bound tomes.

He fired the gnomes because of knowledge they had,
and gnomes say he stole the attire in which he was clad.

Santa was envious of their ability to quietly converse
with kids the world over by gnomes interspersed.

Kids hear the gnomes as they do speak
of joy and happiness every child does seek.

Well known the grownups can not hear the wee sprite,
they just do not listen and lack the delight.

Santa sees the children only at Yule time.
but gnomes visit all year without a chimney to climb.

The original Santa was a gnome it is told,
so long ago in Scandinavia so bitterly cold.

Our Santa replaced the original Santa Clause gnome
when he went off to die at his mountainous home.

So awful is the tale because Santa was saddened,
but happy his position was hurriedly haddened.

All gnomes respected their Santaโ€™s decision,
and dutifully followed his every inclination.

Gnomes are elves so very small in stature,
and Santa wrongly chose elves so very much larger.

As the gnomes tell their tale of oppression and mistreat,
Santa lets out a jolly old laugh of disbelief and conceit.

You see old Santa has acquired celebrity fame,
became too big for his britches they rightly proclaim.

So as you sleep tonight so warm in your bed,
this drama unfolds with grief sorely widespread.

So jolly old St Nick is not the saint that he seems,
just ask any gnome and the tears start to stream.

But lo and behold gnomes unite in large troupes
to take on Santa to confuse and to dupe.

Because Santa is not the brightest of men,
the gnomes have gathered deep in the glen.

First to mediate an amicable solution,
but baring that naught will seek retribution.

They decided Christmas to be theirs once again
and force upon Santa the rules thoughtfully penned.

They want him so sign the acknowledgement he failed
to give gnomes the respect so wrongly curtailed.

This story I tell is far from over I fear,
as Santa will not give up his longstanding career.

The reindeer are behind the plight of these elves,
and have felt the bossiness of St Nick for themselves.

So stay tuned and more drama will come,
As the gnomes tarnish Santa’s celebrity stardom.

They chant from the glen and pray for the best,
with honor and dignity as you have probably guessed.

They want St. Nick to let them live at the Pole,
so things would go back to the ways of days old.

A cliffhanger is a way I end this long tale,
As the showdown begins and the drama unveils.

by Donna

This entry was posted in Funny Stories, garden, Gnomes, Holidays, Poems and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Gnomes Take on Santa in Numbers

1. Those gnomes are cute and so is the idea of this post Donna! Happy Solstice!

I hope Santa and the gnomes can mend their differences. Fun, fun post! You ar very creative.

3. Missy says:

Oh no. What will happen if they can’t work it out? I can imagine the chaos it would cause.

4. I never did connect the similarities before. Creepy.

5. tina says:

Cute poem! I read it out loud to my husband. We can hardly wait to find out the drama!

Your wreaths are lovely. I wish I could smell them as I don’t have too many greens here but will satisfy myself with imaging that lovely pine/fir scent.

If I don’t talk with you again have a fabulous Holiday Season!

6. I can’t decide who I am rooting for. The gnomes better hire a publicist. They are definitely the underdogs in the Christmas world. They need to improve their image with more than a poem, clever though it is. Maybe they should kiss some babies and make promises they can’t keep. It seems to work for our politicians. Merry Christmas, Carolyn

7. Too Cute!

I’ll have to keep watch for “the rest of the story…” ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Charlotte says:

Great blog and I’ve really enjoyed following you this year. Season’s Greetings and looking forward to many more posts in 2011!

9. easygardener says:

Ah ha – power corrupts so they say and that seems to be true of Santa too. Let’s hope the Gnomes knock some sense into him. We don’t want Christmas deliveries interrupted!

10. Toni - Signature Gardens says:

Hey Donna
    Yes, great minds do think alike :-). Cute poem, Sad drama unfolding. So un-Christmaslike of all parties involved :-(. I hope they can work it out before Saturday!!!

11. Thanks everyone for stopping in on my gnome saga with Santa. I am sure they will work it out in the spirit of the holidays. The gnomes are mighty crafty to pull punches the week before Santa’s big day. Santa has been relying on his trusted first elf in command, and Rudolf’s friend, Hermey DDS. Hermey, the brightest and sweetest elf in the group is keeping Christmas right on track.

We may have an interview with Hermey on this affair after Christmas is over. I don’t want to send the reporters up to the North Pole at this most busy time. Hermey is also a good gardener, so we might get some cold weather gardening tips too.

12. Fun poem! I wish I had half your creativity! Happy Holidays Donna!

13. joey says:

Clever and cute … just what I needed! Happy Holidays ๐Ÿ™‚

14. lifeshighway says:

Donna, this is great and I am SO SORRY that I got over here late. I guess write it off the Christmas to do list overload.

Naughty Santa, should have guessed his gnomish origins. I hope the disbute is settled in a few days.

15. Andrea says:

Hi Donna, that was a cute little line-up of Santa’s assistants. haha. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays for you too. In reply to your comment on my post today, those colorful hanging things are Christmas lanterns we call “parol” here, those are actually for sale in the store we visited. The materials are abaca fibers from the abaca plants (Musa textilis), a cousin of the banana. Creativity resulted in the use of local agricultural by-products for Christmas. thanks for your visit too.

16. One says:

I almost missed this post and I don’t know how that could have happened.

Your story about those fights and arguments sound familiar. All of them delight in serving the community. But stardom and ego get in the way. If only we could all Love and Serve unconditionally.

17. patty says:

If you listen closely you will hear my hands clapping in applause for your fantastic poetic drama. All the best to you and yours this Christmas.