Niagara Gorge in Winter

Shhhh….Winter Wordless Wednesday. I am the Only One Here

More to come on Friday….

This entry was posted in Niagara Falls, photography, Winter, Wordless Wednesday. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Niagara Gorge in Winter

1. It looks much less turbulent in the winter. Ice is a great immobilizer.

• It actually is less turbulent, they turn the water down by about 50 percent in the off season. I was surprised I was allowed in the areas by the cliff face. At the falls, places like this are cordon off.

2. One says:

Shhh…I am also here in case you didn’t notice. Marvelous shots.

3. Alistair says:

Magnificent shots again Donna, love it.

4. Breathtaking. My eyes are popping out of my head. I like it where I live but this makes me wish for . . . for lots more!

Esther

5. Breathtaking images Donna. Truly wonderful.

6. Cat says:

So peaceful. Beautifully shot Donna!

7. Brrr! But so beautiful Donna!

8. Megan Eliza says:

Beautiful shots. I sometimes wish winter looked like that out here on the left coast – not often – but when I see that blanket of snow, the ice dripping from rock…. I’m a tad jealous in the cold, grey rain.

9. Are you near the falls? Your photos are so quiet, I found myself barely breathing. Thank you .~~Dee

• Thank you everyone for your nice comments, One, Alistair, Esther, Janet, Tatyana, and Carolyn.
      Cat, being there alone is almost like a religious experience. Heaven has to include the Falls.
      Carol, often 85 mph winds at the Falls in winter. It is Brrrr.
      Megan, You have spectacular scenery in CA. I have been all up and down the coast and was awestruck at the cliffs and ocean views.
      Hi Dee. I am 5 minutes walking to the Falls in Summer. I usually drive in winter because no one shovels the walks on the way there. I just got back from the Falls and have maybe 500 images in the last four days. Today I was also at Devil’s Hole State Park. Only a five minute drive including the time to park. Yesterday I walked to it but not today. You will see from my images why I did not walk today. And why the place is called Devil’s Hole. I will be posting these amazing places all week and next.

10. Laurrie says:

Landscapes in the east, especially in winter, can look as stunning and breathtaking and awesome as what can be seen out west. Powerful photos!

11. lifeshighway says:

I’ve been to Niagara Falls as years ago I did a lot of corporate training in Buffalo. And I never had the opportunity to look at its glory in a quiet hushed tone. Very very nice.

12. Beautiful pics, but man, that sure looks cold. I think my favorite picture is the first one…I can imagine myself there walking in the woods with only the sound of the snow crunching as I walk.

13. Missy says:

Such spectacular beauty and so cold. We have nothing at all like it in our part of the world.

Hello Donna, what wondrous pictures! I have always wanted to see Niagara Falls, and am now treated to these wonderful views. I’m sure if we were to travel there as tourists, we would never see the images you have shown us, so we are very lucky we have you as our tour guide. I am looking forward to the next in your series (as I do for all of your posts)!

15. Andrea says:

You really have awesome photos to show us always, but these look exeptional. And i wonder how you got to be there when the roads are all closed. You are so privileged to be there. so thank you for braving the cold to share them with us.

16. p3chandan says:

It looks so cold out there…so serene yet beautiful!

17. Wonderful photos. For just a few minutes it made me wish I lived where it snows. But truth be told, I don’t think I could take the cold.

18. Mac_fromAustralia says: