Canadian Frosty

Almost a Black and White Day

The mist of the Falls makes this wonderland of ice.

I have been showing you the Falls from the American side, now this is a look back to the US.

No need to say much more…

It is a pretty view even though, like most days in winter, it is a bit gray.

City of Niagara Falls skyline.

Poor trees….

Where I took you on my hike and looking at the American side ….

The river turns…

The hills are bare…

But look closer, fishermen.

And what is a trip to Canada without seeing Canada Geese? But guess where they are headed? Same a me, southward to the USA.  Bye for now.

This entry was posted in Falls, Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls Canada, Trees, Water, Winter and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Canadian Frosty

1. Very clever. We are covered in ice down here for a classic mid-Atlantic winter, and we don’t even get to view a gorgeous waterfall.

2. Donna says:

you continue to make the falls even more stunning…you are a one woman PR for visiting the falls all year long…

3. patty says:

I have only been to Niagara Falls in the winter once. I was a terrible day and the drive was a bit scary. I did manage to admire the falls quickly but then needed to keep my eyes on the road. I am glad to see them in their glory despite the greyness of the day.

4. One says:

The capture of the geese is beautiful. Those trees are still green although the ground is covered with snow. The trees shook the frost off? I’m imagining what Clifford would do if snow drops on him.

5. Liz says:

Hi,

Lovely photos, amazing! I do hope those trees survive the ice bashing they’re getting!

6. TufaGirl says:

Wow! I have never seen so much ice on trees before. Your photos of the Falls and the areas around are quite stunning. Thanks for sharing them with us.

7. Donna, Your third photograph is just stunning! Ice and snow everywhere . . . that is what it is like here too!

Hi Donna, the Canadian side is very interesting too. All that ice built up on the trees; it’s a wonder any of them survive especially in light of how windy it is there. It’s also amazing to me how the river seems to calm down so much after the falls. What a beautiful area, a must-see for me!

9. Great pictures -m it’s fascinating to see other peoples neighbourhoods in blogs – and being able to pop over the border seems starange to thoise of us who live on islands.

10. Cat says:

Niagra Falls is definitely on the bucket list…your tours have captured its beauty and mystery so well. Although it’s beautiful in the winter I’m probably a little too thin blooded to fare well then – hopefully a fall trip to enjoy all the turning foliage too!

11. Those shots of the falls in winter are wonderful. I’ve ever seen them in the sun, from the Canadian side, so am really enjoying the full tour and different perspective. Such an amazing landscape, it lifts the spirits whatever the weather.

12. I sooo miss seeing this sight, used to head to Niagara Falls every christmas evening to see the lights. Who would believe I would miss the snow, something must be seriously wrong with me, lol!

13. These are about the coldest pictures I have ever seen!

It must be interesting living on a border between two major countries.

Esther

14. fer says:

Beautiful! they are one of my must go places

15. lifeshighway says:

The snow covered tree are so beautiful that I could almost love snow. Almost.

I am really enjoying your walks. The scenery is breathtaking.

16. Dreamybee says:

Oh, brrrrr! Thanks for braving the chill to share these pretty winter scenes.

17. John says:

That shot of the geese at the end is great. Even better to see someone call them by the correct name. My grandfather use to harp on me every time I called them Canadian Geese. Good to see he is not the only one who cared.

18. Charlotte says:

I sure am enjoying all your pictures of the falls as I have no plans to visit in the winter. I would freeze! Thanks for the virtual tours!

19. Dear Donna, I love this post! The last picture, of the geese, has to be my favorite. P x

20. I’ve never been to Niagra Falls, so it is amazing to see it through your blog. I absolutely cannot imagine how those fisherman can enjoy what they are doing. That had to be so unbelievably cold!! This is coming from someone who gets cold at 50 degrees and below, though. Is the sound at the falls really loud??

21. Les says:

These shots are beautiful. Our neighbors just got back from a trip to Niagra and really enjoyed it. The father of a family was on a two week leave from Iraq, and I am sure wherever they went together it was special. The boys went into great detail about all the ice.