A Little Flower…

Patiently Waiting ….

And tulips, children love to stretch
Their fingers down, to feel in each
Its beauty’s sweet nearer.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning

I found the child in me to feel the beauty. Yours might be another way.

Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

Hans Christian Anderson

I would like to feel relaxed in the sun like this little Viceroy. Let’s get his photo, what a beauty he is…

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

Mary Kay Ash

Sometimes I just feel like that.

And Waiting for Spring to bring the color and beauty back….

And this goes out to a special blogging friend… best wishes on your surgery on Friday.  Bless you and I wish for your speedy recovery, Pam.

This entry was posted in Bees, Butterflies, FLOWERS, garden, My Creative Posts, photography, Thoughts and Observations and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to A Little Flower…

1. gardeningasylum says:

Beautiful art, beautiful photos, beautiful thoughts – wonderful way to start a chilly day with snow in the forecast…

2. A wonderful dedication Donna with divine images and pure sentiments . I second your best wishes for Pam.
    Laura x
    p.s. did you paint or photoshop the tulips – they have a superb creamy texture

• Laura, they are painted in Photoshop CS5, with all the new brushes. There are no filters or effects to the image. The mixer brushes make it a smooth texture by using a wet brush and painting to ‘mix’ pixels colors. It takes a bit of getting use to if you paint traditionally like I do on rare occasion. I can actually make it appear as an oil if I like by painting on a digital canvas. But I prefer to do a real oil painting. The brush stroke lines are a bristle brush, I adjust the ‘feel’ and angle of the brush, just like I would in traditional painting.

3. Alistair says:

Beautiful thoughts, words and pictures, just had to visit your grumpy gardener, intrigued me, thought it may be a Scot, but no he is too environmentally friendly to be Scottish. Oh oh, shouldn’t be much of a backlash, not many Scottish garden bloggers.

4. One says:

Beautiful images with meaningful quotes. Do you feel like a bumblebee or do you feel as if you could fly? 🙂

5. I really felt uplifted by everything about your post on this another cold grey day (and my husband just had semi-emergency shoulder surgery yesterday). You are really such a wonderful virtual friend (and soon in reality when Jean, Pam, and you visit in the spring). The poetry you choose goes so perfectly with each image. I think Pam will be half cured before she has the procedure.

6. Jennifer says:

Beautiful images and thoughts. I wish your friend Pam a speedy recovery.

7. Cat says:

Your tulips look so lush and velvety…I enjoyed reading about your technique in the comment above. There are just so many different mediums to use to explore creativity. I’m never bored as there is always some new discovery to be made 😉

Donna, the tulips are just what I needed for a pick me up today. I love the quote about the bumblebee, mind over matter, and I can sure use that thought right about now!

9. lifeshighway says:

Donna, you do amazing work with Photoshop. The tulips are elegant. Best wishes to your friend and hope she has a quick recovery.

10. Beautiful images! I just want to snuggle that little bee… even though I know it wouldn’t work out very well.

Beautiful shots! Soon we will see butterflies and bumble bees. It’s just around the corner, if we can just get past all this frosty stuff!

12. Beautiful images and a beautiful message.

13. What a lovely tulip picture!

Esther

14. Rosie says:

This post is surely going to be my all-time favourite from your blog. I believe the quote from Hans Christian Anderson says it all – “sunshine, freedom a little flower” these make gardeners like us appreciate life even more.
    Rosie

15. Bom says:

Great quote and pictures especially the tulips and the bumblebee.