Wordless Wednesday RobinTyme

Oops…yesterday.

This morning…

Same tree, same moment as the robin above.

Load the feeder and they will come.

My backyard 3-23-11 at 8:30 am.

This entry was posted in Birds, garden, Spring arrivals, Wordless Wednesday and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Wordless Wednesday RobinTyme

1. Layanee says:

I have not spied our friend, Robin, here yet. Snow forecast for tonight. Ugh.

2. gardeningasylum says:

Those are great shots! For several years I had robins all winter, but with the long lasting snow cover, they’ve yet to make an appearance this year…

3. Laurrie says:

Oh, that rusty red breast! What a spring sight.

• Laurrie, they are a welcome sight. Yesterday I had to break up a male robin fight. I did not photograph it because they were tumbling all over the place on the ground. I thought they were going to kill each other.

4. One says:

Gosh! It’s still snowing? We have so much rain that the bees seem to have disappeared.

Your images of robins are great. I wonder how you get such sharp images.

5. Bom says:

Snow again? Is that normal for you?
    Great captures. I’m always amazed at how animals seem to be posing for photos.

6. Wonderful photos of the robins! It looks like you have a little less snow!?

• Karin, it has been snowing all morning. The weather reports say additional accumulations for today and tomorrow. It has been melting from the masonry below which is warmer than the atmospheric temps. When I woke up at 5:30 and my husband left for work, there was six inches. Now it has ‘melted’ down to about 3 inches, yet it still is really coming down. That is Western New York weather for ya!

7. Cat says:

Like Bom, I’m surprised by your snowy yard! Great captures of the birds…they really stand out against the background.

8. lifeshighway says:

You take amazing bird pictures. The images are so clear and sharp. Poor robins, come back down this way.

9. Donna Black says:

Love the bird photos. We are into spring here. First you long for it forever and then it flashes past so quickly.

10. dona says:

I see that spring is still far from you… 😦
    Gorgeous photos!

11. I knew they’d be up your way soon. They came in droves through North Texas a little while back. Hope they brought their parkas!

Great shots! I am delighted when robins and other birds visit, but they are hard to photograph! After a few days with temps into the 80s, it seems we are skipping spring, straight into summer. Your snow is looking good to me!

13. Holley says:

Great shots! I think everyone looks for the robin as the first sign that spring is arriving. I hope your snow stops soon and you can enjoy warm weather and a multitude of blooms.

14. Oh no, more snow. Wish you were here.

15. Alistair says:

Donna, your Winter may last longer than ours but at least you get beautiful Summers. I see the American robins enjoy a scrap just like those in the UK.

16. Spencer says:

The poor spring/summer birds. We got about 6 to 8 inches yesterday. Maybe one of these days I will be able to get out and dig a new bed or two. Stay warm.

Spencer

17. wiseacre says:

I’ve spotted a couple Robins but it’s the sap suckers making all the noise around here.

I missed the snow but temps are just below freezing in the day and single digits at night. Still, I’m hoping to photo the first flowers of the year today. I spotted a crocus bud yesterday and than usually means my friend has winter aconite in bloom

18. p3chandan says:

Have always admire your photos, stunningly shot! I wish I could snap some birds’ photo on a tree in my garden, can hear them chirping the whole day, but can’t get close enough to shoot!

Donna, you have such a way with a camera and a very powerful lens! I had birds sitting in the garage yesterday afternoon during the blizzard, poor things were so sad they came back too soon. Nothing is melting here yet, I guess we won’t get much above freezing until next week; it was down to 10 degrees last night.

I’ve been catching up on your last blog postings, as usual they are delightful and so professionally done. Your talent is boundless!

20. Diane says:

We don’t see too many robins in our part of South Texas. But I grew up with them in New England and seeing your photos reminded me that seeing the robins in early spring meant the long cold winter would soon be over. Thanks for the trip down memory lane! And I love the other photos of your backyard birds. I am a true bird lover and used to sit (pre-puppies 🙂 for what seemed like hours trying to catch the perfect shot. Yours are great!

21. patty says:

I have seen a couple of robins but not in my yard. Like you we have snow again. I had planned to photograph my newly emerged snowdrops like many others have posted about earlier, only to find them covered in that white stuff again.

22. Lovely – but so different to our UK robins! I never seem to be in the right place at the right time to get good pics of the birds that visit my garden. I really muse try setting up my tripod sometime and give it a proper go.