Wordless Wednesday – Atten Hut

Brothers in Arms

The Brigadier General

The Second Lieutenant

The Sergeant First Class

This entry was posted in Birds and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Wordless Wednesday – Atten Hut

1. Laurrie says:

But… they have different uniforms. Oh, a UN multinational force, I see.

Very clever!

2. One says:

Who are they planning to attack next?

3. So incredibly adorable!

4. I hope they only wage war on garden pests…

• They have warfare at the feeder. Since it is WW I could not explain the tactics they use. The dive bombing, the infantry attack in unison, etc. I is always those three that seem to get all the seed.

5. Incredible bird shots. And original theme. Amazing what winter forces us to see. Or maybe it’s cabin fever. Either way, I’ll fall in line.

• The thing with winter is, you notice all the details. And when the food is scarce, the battle begins. If I am not out there quick enough, they get very vocal about it too. And all the noise comes from these three little guys. And they are in numbers like I assigned them, with the sparrows as the multitude of infantry .

6. You are a great photographer! They seem so fluffy I want to reach out and touch them.

7. lifeshighway says:

The troops need to prepare for the influx of the squirrel battalion.

• The squirrels are like the big tanks. They come rolling in and bulldoze their way to the ground seed. I really should have video taped this. I may get a chance tomorrow. SNOW is predicted. They really have to be kidding. It is 42, sunny out today and so nice.

8. Oh gosh, sweethearts. Good shots!

A garden without birds is like a playground without children.

Thanks for this,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

9. easygardener says:

The BG looks as if he has leadership qualities – and a twinkle in his eye!

10. TufaGirl says:

Adorable photos.

11. Lona says:

That is a lovely army you have there, 😉

12. dona says:

Lovely pictures, Donna!

13. Stunning close-ups Donna – a vroom-zoom lens your’ve got there. Really liked these little birds but had never seen them in uniform before. How did you figure their ranks?
    Laura

14. Cute shots. You must be quick! I can never seem to get photos of birds because they flit around so fast! They never sit still long enough for me to get a picture.

15. lula says:

I’m not very much abrid person, but your photos make me want to have one! Lula