Wordless Wednesday Thought

Do the flowers of Spring think they are not yet ready? What gives them the cue?

What have you contemplated today?

This entry was posted in FLOWERS, garden, Spring, Thoughts and Observations, Wordless Wednesday and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Wordless Wednesday Thought

1. One says:

Beautiful! Photo and words!

What have I contemplated? Some damsels appear to be in distress to me. 🙂

2. If dumb gardeners like me would leave the mulch on the perennials and not get overanxious, the spring garden would be much healthier. And I need to plant more early spring bulbs. Two of the many gardening thoughts I’ve had today.

3. Lovely post…and lovely of you to ask… Today, I am contemplating how inspiring the garden can be after a dark and forceful rain. The plants are filled with fervor and illumination awaiting spurts of growth that reform them into larger lovelies.

4. Beautiful! I am contemplating that I am so busy I don’t have any time to contemplate. Terrible I know!

5. Donna says:

Well I am contemplating all the wonderful clean up I must do not to mention planting veggies….so little time with the new job…. but it is sunny today…and I thought it was me, but the backward slide with picking started Monday…oh my!!

6. Diane says:

Beautiful, Donna, and very thought provoking, as are all your posts. Today I’m contemplating do I want to browse the bookstore in town or play in the garden and hang with puppies? I think the the garden and the puppies win 🙂

7. Holley says:

I always thought it had to do with the soil temperature. Now you’ve given me something else to contemplate! Lately I’ve been contemplating how to kill Bermuda grass without Roundup. I think it’s a lost cause, but worth contemplation because I can spend years on this problem! Picks going backwards? Well, sorry to all those that I have picked and made them worse off!

8. Holley says:

Obviously, Blotanical is still having problems. I just saw a post that had a negative number for its picks. I picked it, but it didn’t count my picks, as a positive or a negative. Something for Stuart to contemplate!

9. gardeningasylum says:

I’ve been looking at photos from exactly this date last year – we seem to be 3-4 weeks behind still – wondering when we’ll catch up. Love that photo – wonderful patina!

10. Marguerite says:

I’ve had the opposite thought with spring flowers. How can they possibly think they are ready when it’s so cold yet! Bulbs growing at freezing temperatures baffle me but perhaps it’s the sunny afternoons that convince them.

11. Nell Jean says:

Lovely patina on your statue. It depends on where you garden re the flowers. Here, Daffodils are gone. Azaleas are done. We are two weeks ahead of 2010. I had little time to comtemplate; we are trying to get up all the debris from Monday night’s storm.

12. Jennifer says:

Great photo. Picks going backwards- that is quite the neat trick! I have been contemplating adding new beds to my already large, barely manageable garden. I think I must be crazy!

13. Joy says:

Hello there Donna girl ! .. thank you for stopping by : ) I have been so tied up with a renovation going on and my daughter-in-law will be visiting .. and the garden ? what is up with that ! We get one decent day every two weeks if we are lucky ? haha
    Love your little statue here … and Blotanical ? … I hardly ever stop by that place , it has gone to the dogs .. no offence to the dogs intended ! LOL
    Joy

14. lifeshighway says:

Lovely photo. This morning I am contemplating the idea of getting up one half hour earlier to get a yogo workout in the morning. This was day one. Getting up earlier was not fun. So I basically look like our friend here, giving this new idea a lot of thought.

Been avoiding Blotanical because I have been super busy and it have been frustrating me. I hope it settles pretty soon.

15. Masha says:

Interesting statue, thanks for showing. I have seen picks on Blotanical go backwards too, and wondered about that:)

The statue is one for thought! The garden is the best place for contemplation. I am contemplating how quickly spring comes and goes here. Most of those pretty flowers will be in hiding once the heat arrives, taking refuge in the cool earth!

17. Jess says:

I am contemplating why I am such an insomniac. Drives me crazy. People who can sleep don’t know how good they have it! At least I get blog reading time in though 🙂