Eying Up the Iris – April GBBD Magazine Pg. 35-38

Make sure to stop back for the main magazine on April 15 with Lotsa Hellebores and Hope is Happening. These pages show what’s happening at 664 with the flowers and shoots. On the 17th we have Leaf Mold Magic on pages 63-69. And starting April 19, Street Trees – How Sad, How Bad?

And here are 2011 issues…. click if you have not seen them.

…..

January……………..February………………March……………….April, coming on the 15th.

This entry was posted in Bloom Day, garden, Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, GBBD, GWGT Garden Magazine, Niagara Falls Garden Magazine, photography and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Eying Up the Iris – April GBBD Magazine Pg. 35-38

1. lifeshighway says:

I look forward to every issue of GBBD Magazine. It is a delight to my eye. I hope the Iris sale goes well.

2. Can’t wait for the rest! I love all the irises, especially the first photo after the rain!

3. Cat says:

The mass planting of iris in your garden is beautiful! I like the black too. Seems like black plants are really making a showing this season at the nurseries. I’ve been seeing quite a few. I’ve always had black magic elephant ear and I’ve added black pearl pepper this year as an annual. It has gorgeous foliage and flowers (I’ll post about it soon). My friend gifted me with a purple iris this spring but I’m still trying to decide where to plant it. Beautiful photos as always!

4. One says:

What a teaser! The magazine covers alone seem so exciting.

I remember the 7hour bulb planting during fall resulting in body ache. Are those beauties the result?

5. Christine says:

Stunning, stunning!! I LOVE Irises and yours are to die for goergeous!

6. LYNN ROGERS says:

love your Iris, Donna. I collect all irises, especially the species ones. I belong to SIGNA, the Species Iris Group of North America. I have a big trough of Iris seedlings, right now.

7. Your post makes me want to get the first flight out to Niagara Falls…just to see your irises! You know how I love irises. Could you at least name one of your irises “rosie’? Haha. Looking forward to your magazine for April.
    Rosie

8. dona says:

Gorgeous irises, the first shot is amazing!

9. patty says:

The iris on the front page is a beauty. It looks like you have a kaleidoscope of colours in your garden. And you have enough to give away. You certainly love irises. Looking forward to the next issue.

10. Holley says:

Beautiful! Peach is my favorite color, so of course, the peach ones would be the ones that caught my eye.

11. Donna says:

one of my spring favs…I will be dividing mine this year I hope …giving them away I hope…

12. Wow – your irises are beautiful! Some lucky people up there to get the ones you are donating. I particularly like the purple one – just stunning!

Donna, you have some beauties in your garden. I love iris, too, even did a lamp in the Iris design so I could have them year-round. Love that dark gold one, oh, they’re all so pretty.

14. Jess says:

My Mom is always trying to pawn these things off on me 🙂 They are one of her favorites. I don’t have room really, but they do look nice in the mag. I sort of wished they smelled better to me.

15. Peachy coloured iris are colours that I don’t have in my iris collection. I just wished their blooms lasted a bit longer. Your display is very impressive indeed.

16. Christina says:

Iris grow well here, Lazio- Italy, so I should grow more as usually their folliage is quite good too. I do have lots of wild ones in the uncultivated part of the garden.

17. gardeningasylum says:

Like Rosie, I wish the blooming time was longer for these beauties, shown off so wonderfully by your photography. Just added a few rebloomers – hoping especially for great things from snow white ‘Immortality.’

18. Gail says:

Beautiful beauties! Iris is such a nice addition to a sunny garden! I only have a few~the older purple grape and blue Germanicas and a native, I versicolor! I forgot I was gifted Immortality~Hope it blooms. gail

19. Jennifer says:

Great preview! The iris in your garden are just beautiful.

20. Lovely irises! So many colors, so many to plant, and so little time. I have them all over the garden in different areas. And in June, they outshine any other flower with their stunning beauty. You seem to have some very lovely ones.

21. p3chandan says:

I love irises, though we cant have them here except the Yellow Walking Iris which is so small. Yours are so stunningly beautiful! Im envious of your climate! Superb photography!

22. Irises really are glorious. I bought an orange tall bearded iris called Savannah Sunset last year and just love it.

23. Dear Donna, I can see this month’s issue of your magazine is going to be another winner! Beautiful photographs. P x

24. lula says:

Irises can bring so much color to a garden! Your magazine will be glorious!

25. Laurrie says:

Love this magazine… the look, the feel, the plants, the info. Nice.

26. tina says:

Your iris are beautiful and the potted up divisions look most happy. That yellow is so brilliant! Great job on the divisions and I know they’ll bring some good money. We are coming up there this summer and I’ve been known to stop at plant sales when driving thru towns-I get the best plants that way so I’ll be looking out for a plant sale sign! The magazine is beautiful! I have a dumb question though. It is in print in the area? Or just online?

27. always LOVE the photos of petals with water droplets! very cool! Love your blog
    thank you!

28. Patsi says:

Loving this magazine. Just plain irises here. Maybe things will change.
    …………………………………………………………………..
    My pictures are big like everyone elses for clarity and printing.
    The saved pics I might use for blogger are sized down(smaller file) to the exact size needed for my blog before uploading to blogger.

Paint which I think everyone has lets you size down very quickly. I use Photoshop for other stuff.

Yes, the method I showed won’t get shrunk by blogger.Just use the highlighted red or blogger will shrink picture. What ever size you made your photo before uoloading will stay exactly the same.

Maybe I should edit post to make clearer.
    Patsi