Picture This REALLY BIG

Lilies, Daisies and Pears, Oh My

Waiting for the move outside. A little less color.

Different times of the morning… softer and harsher natural lighting. Even the background changes in color and there was only a few hours of morning light difference.

A little closer look with light fading at 6:30 pm.

And a little sun flare.

Of course, the only one blooming in the garden from this post….bud to bloom.

Red Spire Pear Buds on May 3

Flowers on May 6

The color of the great outdoors.

Or skip ‘my little pretties’ and go for the weed?

Guess which image it will be. Will it even be this post? Who knows, not even me yet.

The Garden Gone Wild Picture This Contest for a Lighting and Macro shot.

More buds and blooms to come…. from my garden and the farm. Things are starting to pop.

This entry was posted in FLOWERS, garden, photography, Picture This Contest and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Picture This REALLY BIG

1. Spectacular!!! Your photos inspire me to reach out and try to touch the blooms.

2. One says:

They are all very pretty. My favorites are the first, the last and the one that says color of the great outdoors.

3. Great photos! I enjoyed every one!

4. April says:

Love every single one of these!

5. Holley says:

Gosh, hard to decide, but I love that first one! Good luck!

6. Great photos!

I love the last one… nice bokeh in the background.

I was just amusing myself yesterday thinking how much more people in general would like dandelions if they flowered pink 🙂 The idea begs for a poem, which I was stewing on a bit while using my knife to pull d. from my garden beds. 🙂

Thank you for all your nice comments on WMG. I have been without my computer all week, so I am catching up!
    Julie

Fantastic photos, Donna. You have so many talents. I can’t pick a favorite from these, they are all lovely. It will be some time before we have any trees in bloom here, it must have warmed up considerably in your area. We’re still battling freezing temps at night for awhile, I’m afraid. I love the pear tree’s flowers. Very pretty.

8. b-a-g says:

Donna – I like the third photo. Good luck with the competition.

9. I love the first lily photo and the dandelion looking like a sunrise. You are very talented.

10. Greggo says:

I like the first photo. Nice blog. I will return. Liked your story on the nursery auction. They must of needed some cash flow. I’m sure the retail outlets weren’t to happy about them selling to their customers. lol. I’ve noticed large discounts at a lot of the big box stores on BB trees. Must be a glut of product and lower demand.

11. Jess says:

Yes that first shot is amazing. Different composition.

12. Henrietta says:

Beautiful flowers and good to see how light changes.

13. Alistair says:

I do like the first picture of the Lily, is it Regale? Did you know that the pollen from a lily is so toxic to cats that they will likely die if they lick it. Anyway, I also like the last picture of the dandelion, it is such an unlikely subject, could be a winner.

14. dona says:

Great macro’s, dear Donna! I love the first one, the photo of the Gerbera.

15. Nell Jean says:

I’m thinking Longiflorum lily. Pretty, great photos. I hope you win.

16. Fantastic shots..I love the the pear flowers, well, all flowers, including dandelion..

17. Debra Duty says:

Wow….really gorgeous photos! They’re all great but the first one is my favorite.

18. Serline says:

Fabulous lighting and colors! Spring is definitely in the air 😉

19. Put that last shot in a catalogue and people would queue up to buy it! Beautiful…

20. I love the first shot, where the soft focus on foreground and background works really well and the angle of the shot is great too.

21. ede says:

Great macro shots.

22. I really, really, love the profile shot of the Danelion head (second from the bottom), just beautiful and the detail of the centre (sorry don’t know the botanical word) in silhouette against the dark back ground just beatiful, not saying it’s right for the contest just my fav, good luck with the contest, Frances

23. Cat says:

Beautiful Donna…they’re all lovely -it would be hard to choose. After looking at them all several times, i think the first captures my heart. Beautiful color but I’m partial to that orangey-red hue ;0)

24. Love that you included the dandelion — I’m always baffled why it gets such a bad rep. It should have made itself hard to grow and then everyone would covet it!

25. lula says:

My faved is dandelion landscape frame, I love the way you have cropped it, intense drama!

26. Barbie says:

Oh, how I love your photographic work! Lighting is everything and you have it perfectly! Just gorgeous and an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.