Fairy House for Rent

Happy Monday

Fairy House for Rent

For rent: Dreamy cottage in a very picturesque spot amongst the wandering pink phlox. This beauty sports a high ceiling front parlor with a Swiss Chalet feel. It sits nestled among a flower garden on a huge oak leaf, and as any cosmopolitan fairy knows, oaks are safe havens for a wide variety of fairies.

Fairies, you will cherish the oak that dropped this enormous leaf, dancing wildly upon it in celebration. The house is made of all natural materials andย  imported moss. The rent is reasonable at 20 acorns per month. No fairy gold accepted, please.

Our second abode is a fine estate and is nestled on a hillside, overlooking the rocky landscape. This home is a roomy 90 square inches, handcrafted to the last detail. A true retreat, this home encompasses dramatic views, facing westward towards magical sunsets. Fairies with good flight skills are recommended.

A lovely home with two stories. The hammock is on the second floor for a restful day’s sleep.

Just look at the detailing on this home. Real elegance for the distinguished fairy.

Nestled among the calamintha nepeta, fairies will always be minty fresh.

Our third fairy house has maple leaf interior floors and an elegant maple bark exterior entry. Another impeccably designed two-story with a very high presence. The pear-leaf flag waves at the roof top peak to signal the call to fairy frivolity within.

And what fairy can pass up a moss garden. Always green and lush with a cascade of water from the fountain above. Moss fairies preferred of course. All fairy houses built by GWGT Associates.

This entry was posted in Architecture, garden, My Creative Posts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Fairy House for Rent

1. Barbie says:

I so wish I was a fairy now! What beautiful homes and in such a wonderous garden. Priceless!!

2. One says:

They are so lovely. Imagine staying in one of those surrounded my flowers. Are they still available?

3. Ginny says:

I love, love, love them!

4. Cathy says:

How very enchanting! Oh the stories one could tell! Well done!

5. Donna says:

Donna you are too much….constructing lovely fairy houses now amongst your many talents….you could and should sell them….one for my garden would be a treasure….

• Donna, these were studies for a ‘house’ I made for a client’s atrium garden. It was much more detailed with a cupola and far prettier than these. I did sell it and therefore can not show that one online. When I worked for an architectural firm, I made many models of designs. All were very realistic versions of the building to be constructed, only at about twentieth scale. Sometime I will post them. They are really interesting.

6. Connie says:

The detail in these houses is phenomenal!! I love how you used the skeletonized leaf for the transom over the front door! I bow to your genius.

7. Sandra Jonas says:

these are fabulous!!!

8. What fairy wouldn’t want one?

9. I wish I was a fairy–you had me at “minty fresh”! The details really are impressive. What a nice addition to your garden.

10. lula says:

These are so cute!!! I wish I, somehow, could live there. Want to see sometime your other models. Very happy monday!

11. Tatyana says:

I want to be a fairy!!! What a fantastic little house! Bravo!!!

12. 20 acorns a month…now that is a great deal for such gorgeous dwellings! I don’t think any fairy could pass that up! Well done GWGT Associates! Great post!

13. Oh my Goodness! Those Fairy Houses are just awesome! I love ’em!

14. Nell Jean says:

Fairy Gardens are always such fun. The dog would not leave my fairy garden alone so I had to take up the tea sets and such.

15. What a creative mind you have Donna. Assuming you did not make the fairy houses (where would you find the time -unless you do it whilst everyone else sleeps). Much more upmarket than than the ones I used to put together out of moss and pine needles. Nice details for macro monday.

• Laura, I did make the fairy houses. Actually only two with different roofs. It was to show a client who is aware of my model making skills in architecture. They asked for a fairy house to add to their indoor atrium garden (lots of tropical plants and many miniatures). The one I made them was really pretty, and these are the study models for the client to determine a style and size of the finished model. The final house had lots of architectural details. Any fairy will love to move in, but must look out for their Labrador retriever, Max.

16. Becca says:

I love the little fairy homes. Precious. I wanna live in one.

17. dona says:

Yard art is spreading everywhere… ๐Ÿ™‚

18. Cat says:

So charming!

19. patty says:

Darn, all I have is Fairy gold.

20. Kala says:

I absolutely love your fairy homes! Happy Macro Monday

21. Stoblogger says:

Thanks for the information in regards to my snail/slug problem. I handpicked one snail from the plant yesterday. I’m certain there are more in the area.
    BTW–My daughter needs a place to live. Where can she inquire about renting a fairy house? he-he. They are lovely little creations.

22. Donna, I think you probably had a previous career as a very successful realtor. I love these little houses. Carolyn

23. Holley says:

Adorable! Love the roof on the second and third one. Maple leaf floors! Too cute! You are so talented and creative!

24. Adorable! So important to be a minty fresh fairy in a well appointed abode. What self respecting fairy wouldn’t want to rent one? ๐Ÿ˜‰

25. Layanee says:

Now I have another project for HED, the granddaughter, once she is a bit older. Making Fairy Houses! Did we really post on faeries on the same day. Your houses are too cute.

26. Those are so charming! I admire your skill and artistry. Have you considered selling some? They are that good.

27. Gail says:

They are all marvelous and any faerie would be proud to call them home. gail

28. Shannon says:

Wonderful! I think I may start scrounging around my woods and garden for material to make one of my very own!

29. That is incredibly beautiful! And I love the creativity in your post. Maybe some day you could post the instructions on making those fairy houses….very nice.

• Sure, they are really easy. I can tell you a really easy way to make them. Buy a bird house and use it for a base. It can be used outside already and just use waterproof glue to hold the forest finds. In my case, all came from my backyard and it is best if they are all dried materials. The base of the study models is Museum board so they cannot be left outside. Pear leaf roof, arborvitae roof, skeletal hydrangea petals, twigs, tree bark with lichen. The pine cones came from the farm and so did the acorns that I used on the one I sold. I used a Dremel tool on the one not shown, but not on the study models here. The one I sold had a stone fireplace chimney. It was really cool, like a little house sort of. The roof was more free form though.

30. Awww, so very cute. I am imagining fairies scurrying about, looking for the perfect lodging.

31. Cynthia says:

This is a great project for my daughter and I this summer! She made her own fairy house last summer; actually it was more a fairy cave, with plants, a pond, a mirror, and other fairy decor at the base of a tree. It was precious!