The Full Monty – GBBD NFG Magazine

The Niagara Falls Garden Magazine

Bearded – Pages 3 to 10 and Bearded Before – Pages 11 – 15

What is in my garden on June 15 , 2011. The Promo…..

Pages 65 to 70.  Been Around for Awhile.

Thank you to Carol at May Dreams Garden for hosting the Garden Bloggers’ Bloom Day for June 2011. Also Seepferd’s Garten for Blogger Blüten im Juni.

This entry was posted in FLOWERS, garden, Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, GBBD, My Creative Posts, My Garden and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to The Full Monty – GBBD NFG Magazine

1. Ginny says:

It is all GORGEOUS!

2. GirlSprout says:

What a marvel your garden is! Is that white salvia you have in the front yard?

3. One says:

All these at 664?! Wow! So stunningly beautiful! I remember you mentioned a small garden. This is about the clever use of space and selecting the right combination of plants.

Is that Gaylord at page 50? Say hi for me. Btw, do you know that others think this mag is for real?

4. Donna says:

absolutely astounding…I especially loved the black squirrel…his expression was priceless…your gardens are lush, green and full of changing colors…I loved da playas 🙂

5. Andrea says:

Hi Donna, what i can only feel is awe! Aside from being impatient, I am not so good with computers, layouting, and all those, in fact i just usually download the photos direct from the camera, so your creations here are so great for me. “Maybe what you dont know awed you”. thanks so much.

6. Cat says:

Delightful Donna! We rarely get such lushness in our gardens down here although, I’m always pining away for it!

7. I love this mag, and you made it yourself? Great!!!

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

8. Laurrie says:

I like getting a view of the whole garden, the full monty! What a nice tour. Everything looks lush and inviting.

• I planned on doing the whole garden, but thought of the movie, The Full Monty. The cover is similar to the poster with the four guys. I picked my most showy flowers as my movie stars.

9. Missy says:

Your garden really is lovely. Can’t believe how plants can come back so well from being covered in snow all Winter and bloom so well. Maybe it’s good for them.

• Your climate is so much more forgiving, but many of the plants here need the snow cover or would not survive. Some that I have are zone 7 and I am in zone 6. With all the masonry in my garden which insulates and retains heat, i get a jump start on the season most times. But we had snow late this year, so much is behind schedule.

10. joene says:

Love your gardens and how you present them here. It’s a pleasure to peruse through your photos.

11. Darla says:

Now this is a full lush garden! Just gorgeous.

12. Greggo says:

Nice design. Funny the element I noticed first is the brick pattern in the back yard. The brick transition edge into the beds is well thought out. Well done. Transitions are important but hard to see.

13. Besides the paving being quite dirty, what you don’t see is that this paving has a step down to the drive which is a nice detail to the concrete. Ir separates the two materials and gives a nice shadow line in the afternoon. When it meets the natural flagstone path in the middle of the yard it is at grade. Details, details. It is the little things that go unnoticed, but that is what a good design does, where no element is calling attention needlessly to itself and works in concert with the whole. I did not have to grade the site to have this, I chose to do it for interest. So important in a small space.

14. Oh my … how stunning! You must be loving spending time in your garden right now.

15. Donna your garden looks beautiful and so neat, all those little hedges, Frances

• Frances, the hedges are unclipped. It is not so easy to see in the photos, but they were clipped hard last year by the workers, then let to grow out this year, and boy did they put on growth. I just trim off the strays and let them look a bit more natural. They guys turn them into sharply trimmed hedges which is so formal. When I trim, they are softer looking. Plus this year, I did not let them mulch the beds with bark mulch. I just used my compost, so the beds do look less manicured.

16. Jennifer says:

Another great magazine! I especially like the graphics that you did on the “full monty” page. Very effective use of type!! Your garden can definitely take the full monty treatment. There are no ugly bits. Everything looks super.

• Jennifer, the type was the closest I could get to the movie’s promo poster. I changed the green to match my cover, and I added the banded text, but the four flowers were the four guys in the movie. My gosh was this movie a long time ago.

17. Holley says:

When I saw the front, I thought “Oh, this is my favorite!” – Then I saw the back! Absolutely gorgeous! A very well tended, beautifully designed garden. Justly lovely.

18. I am so glad you took photos of the long view, so we can see the plants in perspective. Everything is so beautiful! I enjoy seeing photos of your lovely plants and yard.

• It really is hard to capture my garden in one shot. Even though it is tiny (why you would think I could) and because it is tiny (why I can’t), I can not get back far enough to get a wide angle shot. I wish more bloggers would show a wide angle view. You can see the plants in context and how the garden relates to the architecture and surrounding landscapes. But that is just me the designer wanting more I guess.

19. Kathleen says:

Your garden is always inspiring Donna. You have such an amazing variety packed into your space. It’s all just SO gorgeous. I could sit here and stare at your photos for a very long time!!!

• Thank you. I do have a lot in a small space. I have clients with much larger properties and much less of a selection. In fact, much of what is in my garden came from other gardens. I have a home for the homeless. I feel so bad when a plant is doomed for the trash, that I bring them home like homeless puppies. I get lucky when there is more than one of something, then it looks a little more intentional when I try to squeeze them in. Also, the reason I donate so many plants to plant sales.

20. Barbie says:

How fabulous! So enchanting and what eye candy! Thank you for always keeping me hopeful of my newbie garden!

21. Denise says:

Beautiful! Everything looks so green and healthy.

22. b-a-g says:

Donna – Thanks for revealing all ! My favourite is the white lace-cap hydrangea.

23. I love your garden, front, back and the sides. I like blues and whites too like you. Everything looks so healthy and taken care of and I know it is.

24. Donna, So fun to see your whole garden. I am not a good enough photographer to do that. I especially loved the black iris bud and the squirrel–he looks stuffed (with food and with stuffing). Thank for the orange flower in the header!!!! Carolyn

• I actually thought of you when I selected that image. This flower was marked as a delphinium, and it does have foliage as such. But the flowers are like none I have seen. It was not in flower when I got it, so I had no clue what it would look like. I like it a lot too.

25. Gesine says:

Dear Donna,
    beautiful pictures from a wonderful garden!
    I like your combination of Hosta with Buxus in the front! Nice to have a view from the whole garden, thank you!
    Glad, you joined Blogger Blüten again!
    Have a nice day!
    Gesine

26. Hanni says:

Amazing! Your gardens are so well designed…they are beautiful. I feel like I could take an afternoon wandering around and taking notes. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

27. Catherine says:

Your garden looks beautiful from all sides!

28. Mac_fromAustralia says:

Beautiful. I love the little hedges. I hope mine look like that eventually.

29. p3chandan says:

What a fantastic well-planned garden you have with so many gorgeous flowers and plants! Those are the result of hard and back-breaking hours, but it was worth every moment you put in…Superb photos and presentation!

Great views of your wonderful garden! Everything looks lush and healthy. I love your back garden!

31. Kala says:

Your garden is absolutely gorgeous – from all sides!

32. Cathy says:

Oh, wow, it all looks oh, so lovely. I LOVE the front garden especially – those walks look right out of New England LOL! Amazing how some things blooming in your garden haven’t even started in mine, yet other things not blooming yet in yours are in full bloom here (like Veronica) What a lovely, lovely, place to garden!

33. I’ve been away from blogging this week so I am just now reading…Your garden looks so full and lush! …a far cry from snow just a few months ago…how quickly things change. I love your blues and whites…I am installing a blue and white garden and you have given me more inspiration!

34. Full on Donna – leaves me gobsmacked. Especially love the summer blues

35. I honestly didn’t expect to see so many blooms Donna – its a terrific display and I spotted that Viburnum aswell.

36. dona says:

The Niagara Falls Garden Magazine is stunning, as usual!
    And thank you again for suggesting Sky Watch Friday!