The Buzzers and The Flappers – A Wordless Wednesday Post, pgs. 23 to 31

The Buzzers and the Flappers

Absolutely no clue, but they were really going at it.

I joined Gail at Clay and Limestone. Take a peek at all the pollinator’s there. Her images are beautiful.

This entry was posted in Bees, Bugs, Niagara Falls Garden Magazine and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to The Buzzers and The Flappers – A Wordless Wednesday Post, pgs. 23 to 31

1. Laurrie says:

A great tour of the buzzers, flappers, and the flowers they buzz and flap around! You got some wonderful close ups.

• Thanks Laurrie. I could watch the bees endlessly and I do not even know why really. It is not like they are uncommon, plus I am allergic to them, so bee watching can be hazardous.I am drawn to them for some reason, so was my Akita.

2. andrea says:

Hi it’s really a wonderful world when looking at these photos. They are the inhabitants of ours too, but i can’t show them as beautiful as you did. Looking at your posts makes me feel down sometimes, haha! However, it is also easy to amuse me, because when for the first time i was able to be the first picker here, i am already happy! I also don’t log-in frequently at Blotanical, always go direct to the individual sites. Whew!

3. Greenearth says:

Wonderful photos and we do need those buzzers and flappers to keep our gardens growing.

4. Donna I am seriously envious of your skills! Being a real sucker for bees (and butterflies), these images were pure eye candy.

• Thank you Laura, I wish i would get more butterflies here. At the farm, they are found many places, but limited in my garden. I did see two the other day that never were here before. I was inside the house, so I did not see the up close. One was black and white and the other mostly brown and yellow. I swore they escaped the butterfly conservancy.

5. Barbie says:

Such fabulous close ups! You are an inspiration!

• Thanks Barbie. I love capturing these little guys. I have bees of every size here. I am lucky in that respect because so many neighbors treat for insects. I do see many deformed bees crawling too. I always thought that was the spraying, but I learned from Claire’s site at http://curbstonevalley.com/blog/?p=6530, that it may be mites causing the immediate issue, probably weakened by the spray as well.

6. Love all your pollinator pics!…very appropriate for Pollinator Week. Question: the photo of the insect that looks like a ladybug…do you know what that is? I see them in my garden occasionally but don’t know the name of it.

• I want to say it is the Asian Lady Beetle, but I am not sure. Squash beetles are paler in color. I held this post for pollinator week. This week no pollinators are out because all we have is rain.

7. gail says:

I love this edition…Buzzers make me happy! gail

8. One says:

Donna, Your magazines get more interesting and attractive in each issue.

How do you tell that the bees are deformed? I don’t even know their statistics to begin with. I have so many kind of wasps here and I’m beginning to wonder if they could be deformed too.

While the flappers flap over, I’ve been flipping your magazine over & over again.

• They have deformed wings and when they crawl, sometimes it is with lopsided movement. Go to Curbstone’s site and read. I knew of mites on bees but did not realize how detrimental and prevalent they are until reading her post.

9. Donna, Great bug photos as usual. I have to pay more attention to these guys in my garden as I certainly have them all over. Carolyn

10. Greggo says:

Like the photo of the white moth. excellent.

• They are hard to capture unless they are settling in for the night. I am not about to chase them all over the place, so I look for those taking a snooze. Thank you for the nice compliment.

11. Great photos! I particularly like that you were able to get photos of bees in love…fantastic!

• Funny, I wish somebody knew if there was bee making going on. I know solitary bees are out and about, but I do not know the variety here. The two of them looked different from one another also. It could have been a bee fight, but they looked more placid than that.

12. p3chandan says:

Fantastic show of colours and pollinators – those bees are really very buzzzzzzzy!

Donna, you are allergic and get that close to bees? Now I have to add bravery to your list of accomplishments. Amazing photos! Loved this issue and have to go back and reread it again.

• I found out three years ago on a job site. I was never stung in my life before, so it was a shock. My brother is severely allergic, me less so. I do know the second time being stung is a worse reaction, so I am pretty careful.

14. Gorgeous pics! 🙂

15. Where would we be without those buzzers and flappers. I love to watch them in the garden and try to capture them through my lens.

16. Jennifer says:

Great pictures and I love the buzz overlay on the alliums! I am sure people would buy print copies of your magazines.

17. Donna says:

gorgeous photos..such a delight visiting your posts…

18. Holley says:

Beautiful and amazing pics – but my favorite has to be the last one of that beautiful white butterfly.

19. Masha says:

These are such amazing pictures! I love the colorful blooms and all the insects (how did you get them to pose for you so well??)

20. patty says:

Great close ups! I have been paying more attention to the blooms than the bugs lately. I did have a ladybug larva in the house the other day…

21. Tammie says:

gorgeous captures! Loved seeing all your garden friends doing what they do.

22. Layanee says:

Great photos and catchy title. The buzzers and flappers are busy here also although they are having a little break during today’s rain.