The Lewiston GardenFest

Be There Tomorrow! The ONLY place to be this weekend for gardening fun.

See beautiful gardens…. here is a peek at one…..

The vendors… here is an example of a couple of crafty vendors….

M & M Iron Works

Gleam and Glimmer Glass Studio – Classes

To see more Vendors and fun activities at the Lewiston GardenFest, visit their website at: http://lewistongardenfest.com/

The speakers… and their schedule…..

John Farfaglia, a Cornell Cooperative Extension horticultural educator at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday

Ken Brown, host on WBEN Radio, with the Garden Show on Saturday at 1:30 p.m.

Geri Hens, local bee keeper and expert on Bees and Other Pollinating Insects at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday

Ralph Stone, an engineer and master rock designer at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday.

Bring the whole family for the fun. Make sure and shop the merchants along Center Street and dine at any of the fine restaurants. Really, you can make a weekend of it in Lewiston.

This entry was posted in garden, Garden Clubs, Lewiston Garden Club, Lewiston GardenFest and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Lewiston GardenFest

1. One says:

If I start driving now, would I be able to make it in time? Do have fun on my behalf.

• It is funny, but I would love to see your country. I have to admit I would not have had it on my destination before I started blogging and seeing so many from Malaysia post images from there. It must be like living in the Garden of Eden. I am not one for flying, so I might be in a bit of a pickle about how to get there. I wanted to go to Seattle and have to admit my fear of a long flight was a slight problem. I have flown cross country and to Costa Rica before but it always was nail biting for me. Airports are stressful too.

2. Andrea says:

Very beautiful gardens, i especially love that mulched path leading to nowhere and the iron bird! BTW Donna, thank you so much for saying i am a master in skywatch, though that is a compliment i cannot fully accept, hahaha!

• Andrea, the path actually leads somewhere. It is a wonderful nature walk through the woods and at both entrances, there are many perennials planted. I will show photos. And you are a good sky watcher, you are being modest.

3. WISH I could be there! Enjoy …

4. Hanni says:

Sounds wonderful! Wish I could go!

• I was a Master Gardener here last year and I had a great time. This year I joined the club and am having a wonderful time contributing. Tonight was setup and I even had fun doing that.

5. I love the cobble patio. We built one at our last house, and hope to eventually put one in here to replace the not-a-lawn rampant weed patch we have at he moment 😉 Is that a fire pit built in, behind the Japanese lantern? With our cool foggy evenings here, a fire pit would be perfect!

• Claire, that is a firepit that the owners uses quite often during parties. She has a putting and chipping green right off the large patio, but there is also another large patio at the house too. This garden design was built for entertaining. The box at the firepit is for logs and serving. The other large structure is a bar with ice chest. The property is not nearly as big as most I design, but is very efficiently laid out. I will show more if this property later.

6. Alistair says:

A peak at one of them was enough to whet my appetite. I also like that iron bird, hmm wonder if I could get creative, well maybe not.

7. Donna says:

I know that I will be reserving this time of year in the future to catch this wonderful event…I was disappointed it was not to be this year, but I do hope to make a visit your way this summer…

What a beautiful garden! I love the path going off into the woods. I wonder what secret love nest it leads to!

9. I am aiming to get up there today. Probably in the latter half of the day. Any particular gardnes I HAVE to see?

10. I hope you are having a great day today. You know I would be there if I lived closer.

11. p3chandan says:

What a great way to spend your weekend besides gardening…..seeing other gardens!

12. Masha says:

Sounds like a great event, I hope you have fun. I love all the garden pictures, I wish I could visit. Maybe one day..

13. Masha says:

P.S. I love your new blog header.