Show Us Your Can

Seriously folks, what did you expect?

Fresh picked…. does your can do double duty? Show us your can!

And Remember not this can….

Gnomes DO NOT like to be photographed. Can you tell?

Happy, Happy Monday!!!!
See another HM illustration by me on Green Apples.

I have been away for a few days helping with the Lewiston GardenFest and will be seeing a talk by Jim of Art of Gardening at the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library tomorrow on “the “growing” importance of garden tourism as an opportunity to draw new visitors and improve Buffalo’s image”. Jim is a good speaker and it should be a great talk. To see the times if you are local see Jim’s post here.

I will be back posting later this coming week on both blogs. You will see some gardens that were part of the Fest and I will continue with the Niagara Falls Garden Magazine on GWGT. Plus, the end of the month blooming wrapup. Boy are there a lot of perennials blooming at 664. On Green Apples, see the gardens across the border in Niagara Falls, Ontario. A lot is in store and see you then!

This entry was posted in Floral Arrangements, FLOWERS, garden, Happy Monday and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Show Us Your Can

My much used watering can looks a lot like yours. But i don’t think I’ve ever had such a pretty bouquet in it.

2. Connie says:

I feel as if you’ve issued a challenge. My collection of old watering cans is in the garage (no display space right now) so I think I may go out and see what I can do with one of them.

Those gnomes sure have a lot of nerve!

3. gardeningasylum says:

Your two “can” illustrations made me smile on a Monday morning – happy travels!

4. Donna says:

I love the cans…the gnomes love to moon us in our neighborhood too…

5. Andrea says:

haha naughty Donna! We have lots of cans even more unusual as flower vases than that one! But your 2nd photo is ???

Donna, I was laughing out loud this morning at your pictures of ‘cans’. Gnomes are really fierce and fiesty, aren’t they?

The watering can is so lovely, I should put mine to such a good use.

7. Barbie says:

so cute!! Smiles for Monday!!

8. Jennifer says:

Hi Donna, I am a sucker for watering cans and yes, I do end up putting flowers in them. Funny gnome artwork!

9. TufaGirl says:

Oh my. What a beautiful bouquet. Actually, I just found a photo of a can collection at Elle Decor. It is my current favorite can photo (after yours, of course). http://www.elledecor.com/image/room_finder/87?page=0

10. Kala says:

Beautiful images of the flowers in the watering can – it makes a great vase!

11. patty says:

Thanks for the smile. My watering cans are the ubiquitous green plastic ones. I guess I need to splurge and find me something more decorative. Hope the Lewiston Festival was a success.

12. Nice bouquet! Yikes, I will have to try that with my metal watering can. I’ve been using it to capture rainwater, but a bouquet would be so much more fun!