Blue and the Color of WOW

Be a bit of a Shock Jock

Add Feist, Add Spunk

Add Vitality, Add Daring, Add Spice

Add Pizzazz and do a Tango

Make sure to see Green Apples, Painting With Light to see how this image came about.

Add Glamor, Add Sophistication

Add Light

This entry was posted in COLOR, garden, Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, GBBD, GWGT Garden Magazine, My Garden, Niagara Falls Garden Magazine and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Blue and the Color of WOW

1. Donna says:

Your blue images are even more intense then when I see them in my garden…they seem to come alive on the screen here…I can almost smell the fragrance and hear the buzz of pollinators… beautiful!!

2. Tatyana says:

Triple WOW! Gorgeous!

3. linniew says:

The lighted iris gets a vote. So delicate looking and great contrast. Reminds me that I HAVE to separate the iris clump this fall. (How will I ever remember?) Love all the blues…

4. ah, my favorite color…blue! Your blues are just gorgeous! The photo of the lighted iris is WOW! just amazing! I read your post on GA about painting with light and am very interested in trying that out (when the kids go back to school and I have more “free” time). The results are impressive!

5. GirlSprout says:

They are all so beautiful. What’s the flower right above page 38? I like how you captured the symmetry of the two spirals on the stamen.

On page 38 at the top right is Osteospermum, African Daisy, and annual here. Below is Campanula glomerata, ‘Superba’. It is on its second flush after dead heading a couple weeks ago. It will bloom almost all summer if you keep cutting it back. It grows tall, but each time you dead head, it is a little shorter with the new blooms. It spreads like crazy, so watch where you put it.

6. One says:

Wow to page 40. Wow, wow, wow to page 42!

7. angel says:

WOW! just woooooow! lovely pictures.

-angel

8. Lona says:

Just beautiful. I love the first blue sage. Is it Black & Blue Salvia? What a great image of the Delphinium. I will have to check that out. LOL!

9. b-a-g says:

Donna – p.40 is my favourite photo.

10. Bernieh says:

Simply stunning collection of blues! I have the Black and Blue Salvia and the Osteospermum ‘Ecklonis’, and they are just magnificent examples of beautiful blues.

11. Andrea says:

Donna, i am amazed at your creations. I love the blues too, but i can’t follow what you have been doing in PS, haha! I also love delphinium even if we dont have it here, including those whose spikes are like that: lupines, grape hyacinth, lavanders, rosemary, etc. These are all not here, except rosemary which we have but dont flower here. I even cross – stitched delphinium in the past, just to have a semblance of its presence!

12. Rose says:

I can’t think of the right superlative to describe your photos–superb, stunning, gorgeous…all of the above! The blues and pinks are just dazzling–my favorite colors in the garden.

13. Masha says:

Beautiful! I love the last picture of the iris.

14. kinda reminds me of being blue.

15. Those colours sing out wonderfully, and I love the blue + cerise combinations, impossible not to smile.

Donna, I had to remind myself to breathe, I forgot to while I was looking through this posting! Now I’m quite out of breath, goodness, such beauty!

17. Cathy says:

Yup, the color of WOW! Absolutely wonderful! I so love rich, vibrant colors in the garden! 😉

18. patty says: