Garden Walk Buffalo Gardens # 1

Before Garden Walk Buffalo, the event sponsored Open Gardens which were held on Thursdays and Fridays during the National Buffalo Garden Festival.  These are images taken at a popular garden on Norwood on a very overcast day.

The two owners stress good, readable design in their garden, with an emphasis squarely on that which is art or that which is constructed.

You can see how important the built environment is to both the function and the ambiance of the space.

Many different found materials make up the paths.

The fence is adorned as well.

This is one of the water features found on the property.

More art and found objects.

The is a lot of vines used on this property.

Even the stairs is draped with ivy.

In the front there are narrow beds packed full with plants.

Those that would not fit in a natural manner are tied and staked to maintain a vertical form. Both the Russian Sage and the Butterfly Bush are standard sized plants, but both were contained by confining them to the space.

The front of the home is very welcoming.

The tiny rural town is found on one side of the home along a very nice path.  It is constructed of moss, stone, wood and miniature live plants to replicate trees and shrubs.

I hope you enjoyed this garden.

Ellie’s Garden, a must see!

It is one of my favorites, and I bet yours too.

This entry was posted in garden, Garden Walk Buffalo, Garden Walk Images and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Garden Walk Buffalo Gardens # 1

1. I love the miniature garden! Very cool! Thanks for the tour!!

2. Randy says:

The first garden I really liked the flow and warmth it gives. Must have been a fun tour. The mini town is cute too.

3. Sue Lentell says:

New to your blog. Your photography is superb-so sharp! Thanks-Sue

4. Masha says:

It is a lovely garden. I enjoyed looking through the pictures, especially the ivy-covered stairs and the water hyacinths. So much interest. Thank you for posting, and I am looking forward to the posts on the other gardens you visited.

5. andrea says:

The house is big, it really deserves a nice and beautiful garden. But i love the small cottage on the third photo, it could be a tool shed. I also love the relationship of the plants with the total area.

6. Lots of clever things, but for me the overall effect was too busy. Plus I have a prejudice about people planting plants that don’t really fit and corseting them… I do rather like the mini town though, and the fourth image, with the tree at the centre, is very tranquil. Thanks for the tour Donna, look forward to the next one.

7. Bridget says:

Thanks for sharing your visit to this fab garden. Loove the house too and of course the tiny town.

8. Garden tours are so fun. A great way to get ideas. These homeowners did a great job showcasing all their art and whimsy in the garden. Looking forward to seeing more gardens.

9. Thanks for the great memories. I loved the Bffa10 nad it’s nice to return there wuth you! Fantastic post!

10. Sheila says:

A beautiful garden that gives me lots of ideas. Thanks for sharing it with us.

11. One says:

I love those broken marble-like pathway.

12. Lona says:

What a lovely garden. It looks so lush and peaceful. Crazy about the little Fairy garden. What about that little clothes line and clothes in it. LOL! So cute.

13. tina says:

Those pathways really make the space for me. I do like how the buddlei and Russian sage are propped up. Very innovative and it makes those underplants happy.

14. Holley says:

What a pretty garden. Very relaxing feeling. Love the ivy across the stairs, the stone pathways, and the tiny town! Great inspiration! Look forward to the other gardens.

15. Wow, that is very nifty! I can’t even imagine how much work it would take to keep it that organized, though. Still, what a great place to visit and appreciate!!

16. Laurrie says:

I like the all hardscaping and the paths of found materials here, very nicely done. That staked Russian sage looks interesting… did it work as a vertical staked plant or just look odd? The picture makes it look tidy and pretty in that shape, but I can’t imagine it looked natural.

17. Marvelous photos! You showed us some beautiful landscapes and gave us great gardening ideas.

18. Jennifer says:

So many pretty vignettes. I must look back through them again.

Every garden I see is such a work of art, every gardener puts their own touch on their landscape. This garden is no exception. I love the pathways, I know how much work it is to install and maintain, and they have done a wonderful job. The home itself is spectacular, that front porch is a marvel and the garden complements it very well. The miniature town is adorable, right down to the cows frolicking and the laundry on the washline. So many creative ideas and hard work!

20. Donna says:

That is an amazing garden. I love the structure, the use of different materials and found art and things around the garden…truly someone’s passion…

21. Cat says:

What a beautiful garden with so much to discover…but mostly moved by the thought of another taking care and paying tribute to Mary’s garden after she died. So tender. Thanks for sharing their story.

22. Bom says:

I like the touch of ivy on the front steps. I have to say that I am enjoying every minute of backreading.