Garden Walk Buffalo Gardens – Allentown #4 1/2

Take a walk down the path in the gardens. The planting on the walks flank the paths.   NO GRASS.

Tip Toe Through the Garden

No Grass

Broken Stone Path

Planted Flagstone

Tiny Front Yard

Paver Path

Where the Path Leads in Tiny Front Yard

To learn a little more about Allentown and see garden gates and period architecture, go to Green Apples and the post Garden Walk Buffalo Gardens – Allentown #4 . I worked at an architecture firm in Allentown for many years. It was a great place to work as the town inspired creativity everyday. When you are surrounded by color, lively pattern, and funky forms like on the main street, Allen Street, you feel part of the environment and experience.

There is a vibe of being in another place and time, a Bohemian sensation all around. The shops, restaurants and bar express this so well. Many artists live in Allentown and the Allentown Art Festival is held here each year. You can find the most interesting art pieces as artists come from all over the country to participate.

Next post, I will show gardens in the Cottage District on both blogs. This is the most popular area to visit on the Walk. Like Allentown the gardens are tiny, but filled to the brim with perennials. Ellie’s Garden, featured on Green Apples is in the Cottage District.

This entry was posted in garden, Garden Walk Buffalo, Garden Walk Images, Garden Walks and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Garden Walk Buffalo Gardens – Allentown #4 1/2

1. Barbie says:

I totally enjoyed that beautiful walk through! Especially when its all rainy and cold in Cape Town, SA! Thank you for brightening my day!

2. Chad B says:

I loved seeing all the different garden pathways and the different materials people use to create them. It always makes me want to redo my paths . . . someday!

3. Laurrie says:

All these paths, and so little or no grass was wonderful. I need to incorporate more stone and path and hardscape and rocks and bricks in my gardens. As your tour shows, a garden isn’t complete without the contrast of hard materials, and an intriguing path to take you through!

4. Lona says:

What a great garden walk. So many beautiful gardens. I love seeing everyone’s gardens and their ideas.

5. Dear Donna, I love the feel of this place. We have an Allentown in PA … not a bit attractive! Look forward to seeing the cottage district and will head over to Green Apples. P. x

• I had to reply because I know Allentown, PA very well. I did not live that far from Allentown as a PA resident. There is quite a huge difference in the two Allentowns, and I can not say that much is better here in Western New York. I so miss PA for all the beautiful scenic areas. If I did not live so close to the Falls, and lived anywhere else in Niagara, I would die of visual boredom.

6. Garden paths are so fascinating from the shapes to the material that is used. Thanks for the walk down all these beautiful pathways. Now over to GA…

7. Andrea says:

At least i was able to walk your walks, or rather peep through them. They are lovely gardens and well maintained. Do you use tripod in these photos?

• Thank you for asking because that is a compliment. I hardly ever use a tripod except interior ‘studio-like’ shots where lighting is very poor. That is why many of my moving subjects, like bees and bugs are not quite as well focused.

8. patty says:

Another wonderful garden tour. How unfair that such creative people known as artists also have the eye and creative know-how of putting together a fabulous garden. I am envious.

9. Holley says:

Great path ideas here! No grass saves time on mowing – more time for weeding, I suppose!

10. dona says:

Unusual scenography, I like it!

11. Greenearth says:

What inspiring gardens.

12. Donna says:

I can’t imagine any better than these gardens…I love the no grass and all the gardens and walks squeezed in with art…

13. Bom says:

Are those headstone “art” in the last picture?

14. Marguerite says:

amen to no grass. It’s highly overrated in my opinion.

The love of gardening certainly is alive and well in these posts! So many paths and materials used, flowers and plants everywhere! Gorgeous!