Garden Walk Buffalo – Cottage District 5

If You Like Flowers

The Cottage District has flowers, bright and beautiful.

Let’s visit the Cottage District.

This is one house in the District that does flowers up right with a beautiful seating area from which to admire them.

This garden is a bit bigger than most in the Cottage District.

Many hot colors are throughout this bright garden.

The Sedum is artfully arranged along the fence.

Typical of the District, no space is left unplanted or left bare.

This yard does have a lawn.

But really not much is only green.

This entry was posted in garden, Garden Walk Buffalo, Garden Walk Images and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Garden Walk Buffalo – Cottage District 5

1. Donna says:

Gorgeous garden and I love the deep shades of the macros…

2. Wow I could just get lost in those photos. They are amazing. I love the vibrant pop of that red birdhouse and on those res pillows on the chairs. Gorgeous pictures.

3. Wow! Another beautiful garden! I love how no space is left unplanted or bare … thats what I am slowly working towards! (As always, your photography is fabulous – I can almost smell the flowers!)

4. I have garden envy. Gorgeous photos. welcome to I heart macro sundays!

5. Laurrie says:

Such a lush, full, intensely gardened look. The plantings are beautiful, but I am not sure about cushioned chairs, fluffy pillows and a table lamp outdoors. Looks too much like the owners got evicted from their living room. This garden is so lovely, but it looks a little like a parlor. I’d be tempted to add walls and a roof to keep the cushions dry, then it would need windows and some curtains. Just my opinion.

6. Kym Hunter says:

Oh my goodness, those pictures are beautiful! I would love to have a garden like that. This year would definitely not be the right time though, since we haven’t had rain in a couple of months and the temps have been 100+.

Thank you for sharing these lovely pictures and have a wonderful week!

7. Greggo says:

keep em comin, they’re geting better.

8. I love a good garden tour, and these were spectacular! Your hibiscus is very sweet as well. 🙂

9. Holley says:

Beautiful – not only the plantings, which are spectacular, but also the seating area. I dream of having cushions outside – and a lamp! But, my cats would make toast of that area in a second! Still, something wonderful to dream about.

10. Gorgeous! I generally get to see one garden on each garden walk in Western New York, so it’s nice to be able to catch up on what I’m missing.

11. Beautiful flowers! I love the vivid macro shots – thanks for joining!
    Have a wonderful week.

12. Les says:

I have enjoyed these two posts, but am left feeling inadequate about my own garden.

Inspirational! It must be wonderful to sit on that patio amidst such a gorgeos garden.I am a bit jealous of a climate that allows all of these wonderful perennials to prosper.

14. Pam/Digging says:

I remember that garden! Good memories from last year’s Garden Walk, Jim. This one is a real beauty.

15. Rosie Gan says:

Lovely to view this cottage garden with you, Donna. And that macro of the dahlia just jumps out of the page at you! Stunning!
    Rosie

16. TufaGirl says:

Love all the gardens on your tour. I could only wish to have gardens so beautiful and lush one day. A little of rain would be helpful in this endeavor.

17. Stacy says:

In the “no space unplanted” photo I love how they’ve used different varieties of rudbeckia–the slight changes in color and texture and height really add a lot of oomph. (To use the technical term.)

18. The fullness of these beds is amazing. All of the plantings look so well together.

19. I am amazed how much is packed into the gardens! I love it and it certainly makes my garden feel empty in comparison. I love the idea of putting sedum on the fence ledge.

20. Shyrlene says:

Incredible. (“More please.”)

21. Jennifer says:

A beautiful garden.

22. Bom says:

Wow! That is a beautiful garden. The colors are so vibrant and with their number, surprisingly don’t clash. Thank you for sharing. I’ll have to backread a bit but first a quick visit to the macro site.

23. Marguerite says:

I really liked the use of colour in this garden. So bright and cheery I can’t help but smile.

Donna, this is a very special garden, I love the lawn! I bet it only takes a second to mow. So much color, so many wonderful ideas.