The Month in Tens 1 – 30 Days of September

Follow every ten days for a visual image of each day in September. A pictorial diary of each day, of each month. Every month will be a peek into where I have been, what I am doing, what I find, or what I have seen. I report the weather too. This month so far, rain and more rain. Shots of mostly my garden and a little commentary, but maybe a shot or two of a job site, the farm, the Falls, or anywhere else I find inspiration and my camera is tagging along.

Now this was a surprise! At 6:00 PM today, I received an envelope from Berlin, Germany.  I won a contest by: (click the image below to go to her blog)Gesine selected my name from leaving a comment and I won wonderful Linaria seeds. I am not sure what the other ones are, I even tried translation. They are wrapped so pretty and she even crochet me a beautiful flower bookmark. The postcard had a very cool and colorful painting, but I thought you would like to see her nice message. I sent Gesine a thank you a couple of days ago before receiving this today, by mail. It takes a while to send overseas, so hopefully she gets it in a couple of days.

Vielen Dank Gesine. Ich bin heute sehr glücklich. (hope I got that right, my German is never very good)

The Thunder of Niagara Air Show is Saturday and Sunday. I took these images of them practicing about 8 miles away this afternoon with my 300 mm lens. I am surprised when I blew them up they were so clear, even the four little ones on the corner. I plan to take many more images this weekend and much closer. Charging the battery as I type. The show should be fun!

Next post is Hopper Heaven. A farm visit to a place the hoppers are hoppy and happy. And heaven may not be so far off! You have to see why!

This entry was posted in The Month in Tens and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to The Month in Tens 1 – 30 Days of September

1. LaDean Melby says:

Lovely pics. Makes me feel better after pulling weeds, which is mostly what I seem to be able to grow lately. Arizona Heat,ugh!

2. What a fun way to look through the month. I had a friend that started to do a-photo-a-day journal, but sadly she didn’t keep it up. I love this though, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. The squirrels are priceless, and great photos too, mine always run off if I get too close…probably because of guilt after raiding the orchard 😉

3. One says:

I like this new style you are adopting. I wish I understand what the squirrels are talking about. Sure seem very interesting. It’s so sweet of Gesine to send you the seeds and even made you a bookmark.

4. Wow! Beautiful! You really should turn it in to a book!

5. Bernieh says:

That was a fantastic post. Such a great way to remember each day of the month. Your photos are brilliant.

6. Andrea says:

I am glad for your gift from Gesine, everybody love someone being happy. Related to your former post about photographs and critics, i wonder what he will say about your last photo of the plane, that is difficult to get, and it is not mediocre. One thing i learned for being with the professionals is that all my shots are mediocre, but i am happy to be elevating my standards. I love also the way you write on your photos, i even dont know how it is done, haha!

7. Dear Donna, What a clever idea to show a photo a day every ten days! This would make a great meme. But I couldn’t begin to equal your photography … as usual I am awestruck! What camera do you use? Mine is broken and I really can’t afford a new one, but I am totally lost without it. It rained every day here, too, and I’m sure you heard about the terrible flooding north and west of here. I hope your loved ones in that area are safe. P. x

8. NHGarden says:

Love the style of this post! The Squirrels talking – cool!

9. linniew says:

Looks like you are getting happy amounts of rain for your green garden! And I definitely loved how you caught that squirrel conversation– How did you resist putting in the words they were saying!?

10. Sheila says:

What a great idea for documenting your days in the garden. The photos are beautiful. The post looks so professional, yet fun and whimsical with the “handwritten” captions.

11. Autumn Belle says:

Love your month in 10s post. Looks like a nice photo diary. Congratulations on your seed win. Gesine’s gift is wonderful!

12. Christina says:

This is a great idea. I am so envious of your rain, we haven’t had any proper rain for 5 or 6 weeks and last Saturday’s shower lasted all of 10 minutes and it hardly wetted the air let alone the ground. Christina

13. Donna says:

As always Donna your photos are stunning…I love the base of the Falls…great idea and can’t wait to see the next 10 days…rained a lot here too…we just missed the flooding and were spared due to the drought we had here…all around us though to the E and S is devastation…glad you were spared…

14. Way to go on documenting through the month idea.. And I
    love the boxwood edged garden. Nice camera work and commentary.

15. Masha says:

What a great idea. I am looking forward to following you around the garden. Lovely pictures, as always. Congratulations on your win, I hope the seeds come up and bloom for you.

16. What a fun, creative post! We were hoping to see some of the planes from our air show today from my parents’ house, but didn’t. There will be one tomorrow, too. We did get to see a few of the planes from the track at the high school I work at when they were practicing. It was cool. There was a large plane, and what looked like a smaller one. Then, one by one, the small ones spread apart, and there ended up being 4 of them. I think they are called the Blue Angels. Nice shot of yours!

17. Holley says:

Loved this! I can’t believe how much rain you’re having! But your garden must love the rain – it looks beautiful. And how fun to win! Congrats!

18. Bumble Lush says:

What a fun idea! I’ll definitely follow along. Love the commentary, and especially love the animal shots.

19. I like your photo diary idea, will be interesting to get a feel for your life from a different persepctive. Love the chatting squirrels, though I am guessing you were about as glad to see them as you were to see so much rain. The Bridal Veil Falls shot looks like it was taken in Indonesia. Impressive clarity on the plane shot, I really look forward to seeing your photos of the show itself. I love air shows, when I was a child we used to see the Red Arrows on Anglesey most summers when we were on holiday.

20. Indie says:

Love the collage! So cute. I love seeing the overhead view of the garden – really pretty!

21. Malinda says:

Hi Donna
    We’ve had first dry sunny weather of the summer here in Seattle and you’re getting rain! It looks beautiful. Your pictures are beautiful – so crip and clear. We have squirrels too – 5 babies……

22. Gesine says:

Guten Abend, liebe Donna!
    I´m a little late but I saw my letter was quite quick! One week from Germany to Niagra Falls seems to be o.k.! Sometimes a postcard from Greece to Germany needs two weeks 😉
    BTW, the other seed is Aquilegia “green apples”, a wonderfull flower!
    Your post is really nice, it´s very near to the “web-log” idea in the beginning of blogging!
    Have fun!
    Gesine

23. Christine says:

September 3 has to be the winning photo! How gorgeous are those squirrels and how cute they seem to be chatting?

24. Barbie says:

What a lovely and fun post! Gotta love those squirrels 🙂 Enjoy September!!!