Month in Tens – 3 – September Wrap Up

This walk at Whirlpool State Park post is on the way, see the new Fall colors.

In my front yard and on the post Black Saddlebag Dragonfly. Turns out, this dragonfly is not where she belongs.

See the post Round, Red, Radiant and Ravishing, Happy Fall, all! And an apple walnut pie.

Two posts with this one… Study in Sunshine on GWGT and on Green Apples, Flowers for the Picking. The flowers are almost done for the season.

My side yard and no post. The grasses dominate the Fall season.

A job site and no post. This is an area owned by the home owner, used to grow apples and wild flowers.

A job site and maybe a post on the work the guys are doing right now. This is a huge project having much stonework. The sidewalks are all soapstone, an upscale material used for kitchen counters.

A post called, And We Have a Pie and Much More that preceded this one. This tasty sweet pie was made with a fresh sugar pumpkin. The recipe is in the post.

Another job site I worked on at an architecture firm where I helped in design and preparing construction documents. This area is right in front of the pubic, free parking. It is a large area left to nature and it was blooming gloriously, right in the midst of the city. I will post this project and more in an upcoming post.

More from my garden on a rainy day. The little maple made a remarkable comeback that even surprised me. I will keep it safe over winter and then return it to the farm. And hope it gets a good home.  The potted coleus lives in my office and was dug from the garden a few years ago and keeps making the trip inside and out.

This entry was posted in Bugs, garden, Month in Tens and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Month in Tens – 3 – September Wrap Up

1. Greg says:

Enjoyed tagging along.

2. One says:

These are real eye candies; everyone of them.

3. Donna says:

Lovely images of the last third of the month. Your job certainly takes you to beautiful places…wonderful Sept wrap up and I enjoyed the 3 posts!!

4. Lona says:

What a lot of beautiful images. Next to all of those great flowers I am really fond of the pumpkin pie. LOL! The Dragonfly is such a wonderful picture.

5. Christina says:

This was a fun idea, well done for thinking of it. I enjoyed your images very much. Christina

6. Sherri B. says:

Beautiful photos…I’ll have a piece of that yummy pie! Hope you’re having a nice weekend.

7. b-a-g says:

Donna – I like your annotated photos, giving us reminders of previous posts or tasters of upcoming posts. Especially looking forward to seeing the development of the job sites.

8. HolleyGarden says:

Very pretty colors. Fabulous picture of the dragonfly! I could make out her “saddlebags”!

9. tina says:

That dragonfly photo looks like the dragonfly is trying with all its might to hold on-maybe to summer? It is quickly disappearing here in Tennessee. Love that black coleus. I’ve never seen one that dark. No wonder you’ve held on to it for so long. It’s really beautiful.

10. Shyrlene says:

How cool – looping back to highlights. (The pumpkin pie stopped me in my tracks – it’s my favorite, with happy childhood memories.) The dragonfly picture was phenomenal – simply breathtaking.

11. Kala says:

Fantastic details in the photo of the dragonfly.

12. Alistair says:

Another great idea Donna, and like some of the others I am also impressed with the picture of the dragonfly.

13. Your photos are stunning as usual. And I am fascinated by the photo of the dragonfly. I cannot say enough about it…so detailed, so clear, so very beautiful! I have not been able to get the dragonflies…they move too much for me to get them when they settle down. Yours is perfect!

14. The more pictures I see of grasses, the more I like them. I’m so glad that cities and towns are recognizing the value of leaving green spaces or ‘wild’ spaces. I’m also glad they have you available as an excellent resource! Gorgeous photos, as usual!!