GBBD- What’s Wet and Cold Today?

If you want to know the name of any plant shown below each image (on the left where a text caption would be, in the blank area), take your mouse and drag across to highlight. The name magically appears. If you want to know how to do this, I will let you know in the comments section, just comment and ask. No CSS or HTML, real simple, and great for guessing games. Just a little GBBD fun.

[ Concolor Fir ] Drag between the brackets to highlight the invisible text!!!!! Now find the text below.

Foxglove ‘Camelot White’

Gentiana

Snow Hill Meadow Sage

Leucanthemum ‘Snow Lady’

Daylily ‘Happy Returns’

Viburnum ‘Mariesii’

Lilac ‘Miss Kim’

Geranium wallichianum

Hydrangea ‘Endless Summer’  and Asiatic Lily

Sweet Autumn Clematis

Boxwood ‘Green Velvet’

Was there any you did not know? Mystery link below, Click the blue line or scroll…

Joining May Dreams Gardens, Garden Bloggers’Bloom Day

And don’t miss Seepferds Garten at Blogger Blüten im Oktober.  Always a pretty garden in Germany.

This entry was posted in garden, Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, GBBD and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to GBBD- What’s Wet and Cold Today?

1. helensadornmentsblog says:

I’ve always wondered what Foxglove looks like. This is an informative and beautiful post.

2. Very fun. OK, how’d you do it? I didn’t know that Viburnum ‘Mariesii’ has fall color. I will have to keep an eye on mine. not much is turning down here yet.

• It will turn a rusty red and burnt orange then the leaves fall. With the back lighting, they appear redder than they are. OK. Simple type trick. Make your type the same color as your blog background. Use brackets like this [ >White Text ] with white text inside to make it easier for the viewers to find your invisible text. Here I added the html, but in the post it is not necessary.

Beautiful images! But for some reason the magic reveal didn’t work for me. All I got was img-1, img-2, etc.

• You clicked the photos. Below each image (not the image itself), where a caption would be, there is the invisible caption. Click and drag across it with your mouse and the text appears. I should have included brackets so people would know where to scroll.

4. Greg says:

guess it doesn’t work with a touchpad. nice photos.

5. Laurrie says:

The secret reveal didn’t work with my trackpad no matter how many ways I tried scrolling or hovering with the cursor. But the photos are a treat just to look at, and I am dying to know what the deep blue buds in the third photo are!

• Gentiana. I wonder if it is a browser issue. It is the same as highlighting text you can see. It just has the color of my background applied to the text. The color is f1f1f1. I am using a trackpad right now and as long as the pad is pressed down while dragging, like when I highlight any regular text, it works.

6. ;o) good trick Donna, I think the word highlight is the operative word as I couldn’t see the text at first because I just scrolled then I realised what you had done using the some colour for text as background and so I highlighted and there it was, to find where the text is just move your cursor slowly until the arrow changes to the text symbol,
    some beautiful photos of your plants, Frances

7. Erin says:

You are an amazing photographer my friend!!! I have a long way to go.

8. James says:

I like your mystery plant game. Reminds me of disappearing ink. Fun. I probably have Snow Hills sage blooming but didn’t make it to the part of the garden where it’s growing. Yours looks great!

9. Cat says:

I am loving the mysterious quality of that Miss Kim! Fun trick with the text, Donna!

10. Matti says:

What’s the 11th one down?

11. GirlSprout says:

Donna,
    I’m catching up on my blog reading for the week. Some of the photos would make great entries for the October GGW Picture This photo contest. I’m fond of the viburnum and clematis photos.

12. Emily Heath says:

The dewy spider web is my favourite.

13. Donna says:

Fun post Donna. Great images that have a restful appearance through the rain drops…love the clematis!!

14. Proof that flowers and plants can look just as beautiful on a dull damp day.

15. One says:

I like the spider web with dew drops. Looks precious!

I got the trick to work by double clicking.

16. Barbie says:

How colourful and the rain drops always makes for a beautiful picture. The Clematis is unusual and the colours of the viburnum is spectacular! Thank you for sharing!

17. Barbie says:

Oh yes – loved the hidden name – what a clever idea!!!!

18. Les says:

Somehow you appreciate things more if you have to work at it, just a little bit. Happy GBBD!

19. What a great game – I was surprised at how many I knew. Thanks for sharing the tips. And thanks for visiting my little blog project.
    Stay dry and warm this blustery weekend.

20. Alistair says:

Sweet Autumn Clematis, didn’t know that one. You are a tease, but I liked it, must be the child in me. Now, did you know, with wordpress the title of your plant shows just by placing the cursor over the picture.

21. What fun! I just planted Genetian … can’t wait. Love your garden. Love all your photos – so moody, so dewy, so colorful. The Viburnum leaves are spectacular!

22. Dee says:

They are all lovely names or not. I have a Mac. Sorry I couldn’t play along today. Happy Bloom Day though.~~Dee

23. Jennifer says:

A lovely set of pictures Donna. Covered in tiny raindrops, everything looks so fresh!

24. Great post. I knew some of them but only some. I love the way you creatively made this into a learning post.

25. What a bevy of foliage and flowers. Not familiar with the gentiana. What a beautiful little number. I’m envisioning it with Caryopteris ‘Longwood Blue’ , a deeper blue variety, in the same garden. What a wonderful image in my head.. Thank you for that.

Donna, what a great idea for playing guess that garden plant! (And all right, I confess, I had to cheat and look at quite a few of the answers.) Wonderful photography; I bet you got wet taking these pictures, too!

27. Just lovely and I am very envious of all those beautiful raindrops. Your photography is amazing.

28. patientgardener says:

I love your damp pictures so atmospheric

29. I had a feeling you made the text the same color as the background…great trick and tip! The photo of the wet spider web is hauntingly beautiful. Happy GBBD!

30. HolleyGarden says:

This would be a great way for kids to write letters with invisible ink! How fun! Your blooms are beautiful. Especially love the gentiana.

31. Loved your little bit of fun with the coloured text 🙂 My favourite has to be that foliage from the Viburnum ‘Mariesii’.

32. patty says:

Wish I could find the Gentian here. I would grow them in a snap. What a blue too!

33. How fun is that?! And your photos are amazing, as always! Happy GBBD!

34. TufaGilr says:

I always learn something new. Several plants were not familiar to me and loved the invisible ink trick. Lovely photos as always.

35. So beautiful – wonderful peaceful photos.

36. joene says:

Raindrops add a special touch to garden photos and you captured this so beautifully!

37. Rose says:

Beautiful images, especially with everything glistening in raindrops. Even the faded Asiatic lily looks lovely next to the hydrangeas. Thanks for a fun guessing game on this Bloom Day!

38. That was fun, I failed the test, though. Many are unfamiliar to this tropical garden girl (blush). Lovely photos, Donna.

39. Fun post Donna and your photography is beautiful! Loved visiting your garden.

40. Scott Weber says:

Lovely post…I love the shot with the yellowing lily foliage…just perfect for fall! The Gentians are amazing…that color must literally stop people in their tracks 🙂

41. Hi, I was here the other day enjoying your lovely blooms with drops of water on them, but for some reason got sidetracked, which I frequently do, and can’t remember why, and didn’t leave a comment. I love the color of your gentians, too. I have a clump of them in my east bed, and planted a number of others in the new front area. I hope they grow well there. Thanks for your visit to my GBBD post.

42. Donna,
    Thanks for the “trick” and for the beautiful photos–a case of Trick and Treat!
    John: TheDailyGraff.com

43. Gesine says:

Dear Donna,
    I´m still not very well and have a lot of work, that´s why I´m really late this time!
    You made so pretty pictures, I love the drops and everything! Niagra Falls seems to be a nice place to live!
    Thanks again for your lovely drawing, I´ll post about it later! And thanks for supporting Blogger Blüten!