Evolution is Coming for W4W

No, snow is not here yet!

Don’t forget, the Word for Wednesday is Evolution. Get a post ready to join in the fun. I know this one is harder than previous Word for Wednesday posts, but give it a try.

I have been seeing garden posts lately with look backs to when they were first created, and they are a wonderful example of how the garden ‘evolved’ over time. So think to enter in the Word for Wednesday meme for October 19. It can give life to an older post too, where a viewer may be new to your post or blog.

The images shown are the rock of the Niagara Gorge. It is many millions of years old and is evolving yearly. Even the cave below has water and expansion/contraction working on it too. The Devil’s Hole Cave is much narrower to the rear than it was only a half century ago. People could pass through in the back and now can’t.

My post for Word for Wednesday will appear for Tuesday for you early birds. It is a post with garden thoughts about home gardens and also nature’s own garden and how it evolved.

And here is our poll so far. Make sure your vote is in. And also make sure to see all the posts on Repose by clicking the Mr. Linky button below. We have a few late comers with great posts, so don’t miss them!

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…

And vote, vote, vote for the Word for Wednesday for November 2. I will update the W4W post with the results for the November 2, W4W, on October 20.  You get to keep voting until then.  I will post a new poll for the November 16, W4W with new submissions. And the runner-up word will continue on in that poll. But help break the three-way tie for second place and cast your vote.

There is no email to fill out, just a radio button to push! I want a vote by everyone seeing this post! Please pick the word you most want to see in pictures and expressed by your fellow bloggers. It is your chance to pick what you want to read about! And leave a comment with your own ‘word’. The more, the merrier.

This entry was posted in garden, Words for Wednesday and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Evolution is Coming for W4W

1. HolleyGarden says:

The Devil’s Hole cave must be so interesting to see and go through! I love caves. They remind me of how much man has evolved, but not really changed.

2. One says:

Evolution of Niagara Gorge. How clever! The topic is evolving in my mind…for the last few weeks.

How interesting that the cave has changed so much in such a relatively short time. Evolution indeed. Always love your images of the Falls and surrounding area. I’m working on an idea for a post.

4. Gail says:

A fabulous word. Love the choices for November, too.

5. Did you know that the falls themselves evolve every year and that in a century they will recede about 4 feet. The water is literally wearing away the rock little by little.
    Now if only I could come up with something for evolve around my area.

6. Donna says:

Fascinating post…so unbelievable how things evolve and change even in our lifetime. My post is up and I will link in tomorrow. I haven’t been to the Falls in years. i better make sure to visit them and you before the Falls change too much 🙂

7. patientgardener says:

Not having participated before I thought it was a weekly meme and was all ready to go on Evolution last week!! Have noted and am hoping it isnt Propinquity as I dont know what that means and even looking it up hasnt helped much!

8. Brr! I got a look at that snow, and my first thought, was, “No, I am not ready for that!” It is 47 here with light rain. We did some work on the compost area, where the neighbor has pointed out her chain link fence is bowing into her yard. I wanted to get more done, but as it was, we were finishing up in the rain. I have a short sleeve shirt, a flannel shirt, and a sweatshirt on, and I am still cold. Oh, dear!

Well, I have to admit it’s an amazing photo.

9. That’s Fahrenheit, by the way.

10. Hi Donna I of the dark ages not understanding Wordy things or memes or any or all of that but what wonderful pieces of rock, mineral, twisted earth and stone.

11. andrea says:

Oh I didn’t read first before i linked in, haha, i was even ahead of you. Nobody will believe i had a very difficult time thinking about it, but i had trust me! Don’t worry, i will change the links when your post is up! But that is a good information about Niagara, maybe not many know that but you!

12. Hi Donna,
    I have a late post for Evolve, evolution about a moth caterpillar.
    Lynn

13. Greg says:

Donna thanks for hosting w4w. For some reason I’m struggling with this one. Creative block I suppose. Thanks for stopping my fill the frame. Haven’t chosen yet. Which one do you think? I respect your opinion. thanks. greg.