Month in Tens – November 21-30

Is it just that time of year, or does the roadside plants just seem a little nicer than usual? I have been noticing this year especially that from Summer through Fall, the wildflowers and grasses have put on a grander show.

This bear was carved from a large downed tree at the farm.  The bear stands very tall and is an attraction at the farm. He always looks like he is deep in thought.

I have never have seen a chicken cross the road before, yet you always hear the saying ‘Why did the chicken cross the road ?’. Today, I saw two of them cross a busy road and they actually did make it to the other side, luckily. I think somebody is missing two very nice looking chickens. I hope they didn’t end up in somebody’s stew pot. Thanksgiving was only two days away. Think that’s why they were running away from home?

This guy was running the trail at the gorge and it was pretty nippy out. I am guessing he was running off a few before the big meal on Thanksgiving.

I took a walk after the big dinner and snapped a few macros.

I worked at the farm on Black Friday and took a few shots of the hydrangea and crabapple. I used both the dried hydrangea and the hard crabapple in a wreath I made.

Working at the farm, I took the hay wagon out into the fields to get some pictures and some nice thistle and teasel for wreaths.

This sky was really pretty with the storm clouds rolling in.

These are Iceberg Roses growing in my garden on a day it snowed. The snow was melting on contact.

This entry was posted in garden, Month in Tens, photos and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Month in Tens – November 21-30

1. One says:

Why did the chicken cross the road? Because it was 2 days before thanksgiving! LOL! I have photos of cows crossing the road. Love all the photos especially the berries and the roses.

2. Po Jumper says:

Giving thanks for the simple things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you for reminding us to slow down and look closely.
    Loved the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. John says:

Such lovely pictures as always. There are a number of “why the chicken crossed the road” jokes to be made, but right before Thanksgiving? I think it’s pretty obvious that it was a flight (or slow walk) to freedom right before the most dangerous time of year for tasty birds.

4. Bridget says:

Great pics…love how you’ve done the border around them…very festive looking.

5. commonweeder says:

Beautiful photographs. I’m having a Giveaway to celebrate my 4th blogoversary and it has lots of fabulous photos too. Come visit.

6. Loving fungi. Need more of it. You make much better use of your camera than most of us do.

7. b-a-g says:

Love the bear ! Please tell us its story ?

8. Such great photos… think I really like the Iceberg Rose the best. I have one just outside my front door and it flowers all year round, great value.

9. The sunrises and sunsets have been stunning this fall…Gardens Eye Verse will feature a bit on this…I have also noticed the roadside plants this summer through fall…I wish I could stop and snap a few…I plan to try this spring…the copper colors of the grasses and other spent plants are so beautiful in the sun!! Lovely shots…

10. Barbie says:

What can I say… simply a blessing to be able to have joy in the simple things. Love the last rose! A sign of new things to come. Thanks for sharing.

11. HolleyGarden says:

Pretty chickens! I’m glad they made it across the road – to freedom! And the rose is beautiful. I bet it looked very pretty with snow swirling around.

12. I loved your entire series of simple things. Learning to live in the moment and actually see what is around us is what gives us joy.

Thanks for sharing your joys with us.

13. Donna: What a wonderful way to close out the month! Your photos and words and frames really put it all into perspective. If we can find joy in simple things, we’ll always be content. Thanks for sharing!

14. elaine says:

Love your pics – very artistically presented.

15. nhgarden says:

Amazing post!!!! Loved the chickens and sunset best 🙂

16. Our blogs are snowing so it must be that time of year again. I am still trying to keep my frame of reference squarely in fall because the weather has been so beautiful and warm here. All your photos helped me appreciate fall even more.

17. Some beautiful images Donna, I particularly love that teasel for some reason.