Niagara Falls Garden -GBBD – December 2011

My Street View

Thank you to May Dreams Garden and to Seepferds Garten for the monthly join-along.

This entry was posted in Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, GBBD, GWGT Garden Magazine, Niagara Falls Garden Magazine and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Niagara Falls Garden -GBBD – December 2011

1. andrea says:

Hi Donna, the first rose looks so real, i want to pick it! And that moon shot reminds me of some howling we were afraid to hear at night. The snowy shots are so beautiful too, but i feel like curdling and totally cold! Maybe i was put here in the tropics because i can’t stand that cold much. Happy Holidays.

2. Love your snowy pics – the rose on pg 70 is beautiful. Aren’t Icebergs amazing? Its blooming in your snowy garden and in my hot one here.
    Happy December GBBD 🙂

3. Beautiful post and photos. Having grown up in Buffalo, the pictures of your street with the snow bring back many fond memories.

4. Even your browns are beautiful 🙂 I am content to see snow through my computer screen instead of out of my window 🙂 Happy GBBD!

5. Beautiful photos of your gardens in the snow. Happy GBBD!

6. Well we have had .7 inches of snow compared to several feet last year. The browns are beautiful..and that rose…we have had too many cold sunny days so nothing blooming here…

7. I like all you browns! And, the moon is spectacular! The street shot on page 65 is so lovely! I could just stare at it and let my wander. It has been such a mild winter in the south but I am not complaining.

8. Erica says:

Beautiful photos! Hee, I especially like “the stuff that did not make it in.” Always happens to me!

9. I loved seeing the photo of the blooming rose. Some people in Western New York thought gardening season was over in September.

10. Laurrie says:

A fun look at all the changes going on in early winter. I love the teardrop on the crying rose!

11. Gail says:

Brown has never looked better! Love you photos tremendously! The first snow is so delightful. We’re having 62F and rain! xog

12. HolleyGarden says:

You make winter seem beautiful. Love your street view! How wonderful that your rose persisted in blooming!

13. Layanee says:

Such a sweet dusting of snow. I am ready for some of that next Saturday. Just in time for Santa! Lovely pictures and love the brown.

14. Wow sure looks different where you live! Strange to say my favorite pic is of that snowy road. Really brings winter’s chill home to me! Lovely pictures, very enjoyable textures and colors.

15. Jennifer says:

It is mild and rainy here. It almost feels like spring weather is taking a second kick at the can. All the evergreens and the formal elements of your garden look beautiful in the snow. Winter is such a long season for us northern gardeners that it is nice to have that bit of year round interest. Happy GBBD Donna!

16. Your pictures are wonderful and your garden is beautiful even in the snow.

17. hb says:

Beautiful photos! I imagine taking them when it is snowing is a challenge: brrrrr! I love the “brown” shots. It’s a gorgeous color, and easier to see with a contrast of snow. Happy GBBD!

18. I agree the browns are as interesting as the other colors. Sometimes when I look at photos of colorful plants with brown Oak leaves next to them, I realize how beautiful brown can be if we appreciate it. Love your snow pics, too! It’s looking like we won’t have a white Christmas here–it’s been a while since that happened. Maybe we’ll have magical Christmas Eve flurries. 🙂

19. Joy says:

Donna girl these shots are just beautiful (the rose crying was very poetic and totally perfect!)
    Browns in the garden are beautiful too .. some of my astilbes are amazing and of course the hydrangea are always wonderful.
    I love what is captured here and it reinforces my plan to upgrade to a DSLR camera next April (hopefully) anniversary present for me (hubby hasn’t quite thought of his yet but I have for some time ? LOL) .. Thank you for visiting so much Donna .. I appreciate it : )
    I have been going through some hard times with my conditions and it can drag me down .. but the best medicine on earth is anything to do with gardening and beautiful pictures like these !
    Joy : )

20. patientgardener says:

Lovely pics I feel as though I have been for a walk down your road and round your garden

21. Nicole says:

Very lovely images!

22. Beautiful imagery! I love all the browns. Connects me to the earth (and sky with that moon)! Great structure in your garden for the snow to reveal. This winter I am trying to “design” more evergreens into my garden.

23. Hey Donna,
    What a beautiful array of images. I love the magazine format. Thanks for sharing.
    Best,
    Patrick

24. Stacy says:

I love all the photos, Donna, but the one on p. 42 of the storm front, whether coming or going, is amazing. Strikes fear or relief in these bones, depending on how I look at it.

25. Rose says:

It’s always a treat to see your beautiful photographs!

26. Rosie Gan says:

Magnificent captures, Donna. The winter shots are beautiful. I love your camera work. Hope to be as dedicated a photographer as you are.
    Rosie

27. Martha says:

Gorgeous post … again! You’ve made me want to stroll through our gardens and see what is out there.

28. Mac_fromAustralia says:

Exquisite photography as always.