Quackers Gone Wild

Gazing out over the ice coated lake, he says with forlorn…….

Ducks with attitude rule, the impudent duck declares,  ….

The men go whistling off to work, now is that not the way it should be?

A good stretch for the sedulous duck at the end of a tough day…

That’s Amore….

The Common Goldeneyes seem to wish this was not the brink of Niagara Falls as peril awaits in the precarious position they find themselves. The very top of the bottom image is bye-bye ducks if they are not careful, and it has happened before. I thought I had the full view, but alas, here it is a little wider for context.

Hey, you’re a honker, get out of this post.

I hope you had a very….

Happy Monday

This entry was posted in Ducks, Happy Monday, photos and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Quackers Gone Wild

1. I love ducks! Great shots, and thanks for the send-off back into the reality of the New Year!

2. I think I heard a crow convention in my neighbor’s yard today. Ducks would be prettier 🙂 Ooh, that water looks cold!!! Brrrr….Happy New Year — here we go, we are off and runnin’ 🙂

3. ddonabella says:

Happy Monday to you…hope the ducks made it safely…

4. And I wish you a quacking good 2012!

The top photo seems to say a lot.

5. Merike says:

Gorgeous photos. The latest are my favourite 🙂

6. HolleyGarden says:

What a surprise that must be to go over the falls! Good thing they have wings!

7. bumblelush says:

These are beautiful pictures. I like the first one where you see the duck’s reflection, and having visited the Falls, it makes me nervous to think of them so close to the edge. Happy New Year!

8. lisa says:

What beautiful photographs these are!
    I just love the wonderful reflection in the first one.

Thank you so very much for sharing with us this week at The Creative Exchange.

Have a great day!

lisa.

9. Lona says:

LOL! I love this posting. You made my laugh for this morning. Beautiful shots of the Mallards. Who could not love those colors on the males. Beautiful emerald greens and blues. The first shot is fantastic.

10. helensadornmentsblog says:

Gorgeous photography and I particularly like the way you framed the photos.

11. b-a-g says:

Tell it to the tail – love it!

12. Great photos! It doesn’t get cold enough to befuddle ducks here very often, but I do remember one year, in the early 90s, when a saltwater lagoon in front of our house froze, and all the ducks stood around staring, as if to say “Hey, what happened to the water? I swear it was here yesterday.” Happy New Year!

13. Donna, that first photograph is really special!! That should be entered into a photographic competition – you’d win hands down! Stunning.

14. jakesprinter says:

Great post amazing and beautiful
    i love all of it 🙂

15. Love it! We get mallards in the lake near my house but I’ve never thought to stop to ask their point of view of life. But now I’ve got the inside scoop! Cute!!

16. Happy belated Monday…here we are at Wednesday already…where does the week go? Really fun post and I love that first capture!

17. Great photos!
    And the captions are so funny!

18. lula says:

Beautiful images, great start of the year!

19. Ida says:

What a great post! This was just fun to read and view. – Happy New Year!

20. Happy Monday to you!
    We may not meet in Asheville, but … one day?
    Cheers for 2012!!

Terrific photos and captions. You made my day! But now I am worrying a bit; I hope the little ducks escaped from going over the falls!

22. Bom says:

Great photos, Donna. The captions were also amusing. I was smiling throughout. It’s early Thursday morning where I am (most of the household is still asleep) so this is really a wonderful way to start the day.

23. KL says:

Beautiful pictures. What sort of camera do you use, if you don’t mind me asking.

24. I love the blushing duck. You couldn’t have stages that if you tried.

25. You put a smile on my face! Beautiful! Just Beautiful!

26. Beautiful photos. I love that first picture, especially!