My Garden Year in Photos – NFG and GBBD

The Year in Review

Click each month’s page for a surprise image, many of the entire garden at that time of year. The year in images….

To see the back garden, 13 January 2012, click the image above. This is the image linking to May Dreams Gardens: Garden Bloggers’ Bloom Day – January 2012 and also Seepferds Garten.

This entry was posted in garden, Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, GBBD, Nature, photography, photos and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to My Garden Year in Photos – NFG and GBBD

1. Andrea says:

Donna, I can’t imagine your diligence in making things for the blog, you can make a lot in a short time, and you are still working! Talk of efficiency, you got it. I am envious, and the quality of the work very well done, also inspiring!

2. Victor Ho says:

What a wonderful recap of the year. How is it that I’m not surprised to see snow in your backyard. But it doesn’t look like too much snow. We haven’t had any downstate and it was 60 degrees a few days ago. Call it global warming if you dare. What a great year! Hope this one is as colorful.

3. GirlSprout says:

I’m a huge fan of your photos. I love the first December photo with the edges created by the light and the frost.

4. David says:

What a beautiful collection of photos. It looks like you have your own magazine and you’re the editor in chief….the pictures are sensational in every month. Isn’t Nature grand?
    David/:0)

5. Just beautiful Donna! The colors in your photos are amazing!

6. Malinda says:

Wow – You work so hard. The photos are top-notch as always. Your neighborhood is cute and your house is darling – aannnd your garden is inviting. It’s obvious that gardening and photography are your passions.

7. Bernieh says:

Absolutely brilliant! That was such a treat. Your photos are exquisite and the presentation truly delightful and different. I just loved the surprise shots too, especially the snow shots, that overhead shot of all the Lilies, and that beautiful Cleome!

8. elaine says:

How wonderful to see the year in pictures – and such beautiful ones too – it must have taken ages to put together.

9. Love the beautiful recap of the year and then the special effect of the hidden picture…you are so creative woman!! Really enjoyed this…brought back so any memories…I do so love the picture of your back garden especially fro above…always a treat to my eyes to visit…

10. What a wonderful way to look back on your garden! Your photos are spectacular! Glad to see that you got some real winter weather finally! My kids would have a good time in your backyard.

11. Les says:

A very nice treatment for some very good pictures.

12. Indie says:

I don’t even know which collage is my favorite – there are so many great pictures! Your back garden looks so pretty in the snow as well! A great review of the year.

13. Alistair says:

Just perfect Donna, I will be looking out for more Niagara Falls adventures some time as I cant get enough of it.

14. HolleyGarden says:

I love how the garden fills out, gets colorful, and busts open with blooms, then retreats again as the year closes. The picture of the snow was a surprise! Interesting how you put a picture ‘behind’ a different picture!

15. b-a-g says:

Donna – A stunning calendar. My favourite photo is the blue flower with three bees.

16. What a lovely recap of the year in pictures though I’m so glad I don’t have a white backgarden like what you had yesterday.

Fantastic collages! I appreciate the long views of your garden as well, particularly the overview of May. Many of your images are stunning, Well done!

18. I love how effectively you use your garden space. I really liked the shot of the cleome shooting out of the boxwood bed. I like how you use that bed to showcase different flowers each season. Your bird pix are incredible! I love one at the top of the cardinal with her head cocked. It looks like you two are having a conversation and she’s considering what to say next.

19. WOW! I am speechless. These images are just incredible. I love the hidden images ๐Ÿ™‚ The shot of your backyard from above — May was it? — just gorgeous!!!! I would just love to learn how to make these mosaic pictures. I am so clueless! It would have helped me when I was choosing pictures from last year — too hard to choose just one or two I love the container with the pansies and what appears to be little balls of moss. I am on a mission grow moss! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work, Donna. I continue to be in awe of your energy and excellent work!

20. Marguerite says:

I love the recap month by month. and every month has so many things going on, not just the warm ones! My favourite shots have to be of the cardinals though – a bird I’ve never seen but just love their shape and colour.

21. Stacy says:

Donna, these are wonderful! At first I was going to say what a pleasure it was to revel in all of those lively colors in your spring and summer collages, but then the January and December ones are so gorgeous with the world all clean and cold. Speaking of which, it looks a little nippy in your back garden today… I loved the photo of the female cardinal–they always seem to get short shrift, but their colors are so gentle and beautiful.

22. What fun to see all your beautiful photographs and then the surprise image after clicking. I especially liked the shots of your wonderful garden at different times of the year.

23. helensadornmentsblog says:

I love all your photos but Cardinals are my absolute favorite birds so guess which photo was my fav. The photo of the Cardinal is totally amazing.

24. Donna, Bravo! Your pictures are superb!

25. nhgarden says:

Surprise photos! Your blog always surprises me! Amazing post as usual!

26. The collages are (no surprise here) beautiful, Donna, as are the photos that pop up when you click on them.

27. Such beauty!
    A wonderful way to review the year!
    Lea

28. tina says:

What a beautiful year you have had! I noticed skunk cabbage in the March page and oh how I miss that. I’ve never seen it in Tennessee but it grew quite well in Maine. It’s the coolest plant!

29. Jennifer says:

Donna, You have created lovely image groupings that show off your garden to perfection.

30. Beautiful work, Donna – it must have been so much work! The popping up of the cardinal reminds me of ‘Where’s Wally!’

31. Barbie says:

Oh wow!! This is so lovely!! Love July & August !!! And you garden friends!! Your photographs are always inspiring and the angles and lighting make them superb!! Thanks for sharing

32. I absolutely LOVE your calendar of blooms on this GBBD! Your gardens are always so beautiful and I always enjoy looking forward to seeing your creativeness and talent! This certainly brightened my day ๐Ÿ™‚

33. Larry says:

Such a wonderful post full of recollections and things yet to come again… Larry

34. jakesprinter says:

I really love your Photography great work ๐Ÿ™‚

35. hb says:

You are a fantastic photographer.

36. Wow, Donna, this is right up there with the most amazing garden blog posts I have ever seen! I’m speechless.

37. Dear Donna, This is the best year’s review I have ever seen! I loved clicking on each month for the surprise picture. I’m out of superlatives. Happy GBBD! P. x

Donna, I’m so glad I can finally sit for a bit longer interval so I can enjoy your wonderful blog posts. I so enjoyed the year in review with the bonus full-page shots of your glorious gardens. The expressions on the faces of the cardinals is priceless. Seeing your garden in full glory through all the seasons is such a testament to your talent!

39. Awesome pictures, even better collages! You have some of the best garden pix on the Web!

40. Denise says:

Wow!!! Beautiful! I am speechlessโ€ฆ

41. Your gardens are so well thought out and very rewarding. Your layouts so creative. I really enjoyed visiting all months of the year. So many fantastic images and blooms. Very inspiring to me as I, too, have a smaller lot and close neighbors. You’ve created such a wonderful oasis. I could sit at that table or bench for a long while and soak it all up.

42. Love your recap. A stunning collection of photos. My eyes needed that kind of candy about now.

43. KL says:

Are these really the pictures from your garden? Amazing!! And, also amazing pictures and composition and putting everything together…

44. Your photos are amazing, I love the collages ๐Ÿ™‚

45. Shyrlene says:

This post is just off the chart cool, Donna! … and a gallery full of art! (Makes me wish for Spring.)

46. lula says:

Simply beautiful!!!

47. Brian Comeau says:

You have captured some amazing images. I love the butterflies, cardinal and frosty shots. Great stuff!!

48. Patty says:

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. You have put me in a happy place.