W4W – Reflection in Photos

There is a lot of reflecting to do!

Like seeing yourself in a whole new way.

Taking a long hard look at things.

Taking a stand and sticking with it. Standing your ground.

Go on a journey and travel into the light for a glimpse of the bright, blue sky.

Have painterly thoughts in color and joy. Color your world happy.

Reflection lets you seek out the calm in yourself and others.

Or make a new start and find the way to get there.

Reflect and seek restful moments and maybe, just maybe…

Gain illuminating and creative thought.

Delve into the ephemeral…

where life is rainbow brilliant and fascination intrigues.

Where beauty is subtle or bold. But sometimes….

Love is reflected upon, but what becomes clear when love ages and fades, to bring….

us past heartache and tears.

See the beauty and gift of life all around.

Our first W4W was Bucolic and it was created as a simple Word in Pictures and Thought. The reflection of this post goes back to the original intent and spirit of the original post, where an image expresses the essence of the word, or displays the character of the word. At best, the image tells a story and incites others to ruminate. Simple, clean and expressive. Water, ice, mirror and glass are always a reflective surface, but what lies deeper in the meaning? People reflect, and sometimes the reflection is not always a good thing. Some things are best left to be.

But reflecting always gives the opportunity for change. See the irony and maybe a story in the three images image above? Even the dichotomy between the shiny mirrored surface reflecting the old shriveled rose, the man standing beside THAT sign. The lonesome duck on the ice.

Next W4W will have the word generated by a Random Word Generator. Give it a spin…. and see what word you get. The images from the generator will help to build creativity and deep thought. Life can be a crap shoot, but see how creating a photo from a word opens up the mind to new and exciting things. Join in below with your own take on reflection.

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…

This entry was posted in Canada Geese, Ducks, FLOWERS, Nature, photography, photos, W4W, Water, Words for Wednesday and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to W4W – Reflection in Photos

1. Posting tomorrow..these beautiful images are indeed reflective and make one reflect…we have similar thoughts in our reflections…mine a bit wordy but that is how I reflect…you will enjoy the images..they fit perfectly…keep me posted on the next word…you know I love to play with words so will be checking out the word generator

2. These images indeed inspire reflection. Many stories could be written from just one of these images. I was in awe of your bloom reflection photos…stunningly beautiful!!! I haven’t tried the word generator…wonder what will come up…

3. The random word generator gave me “General network error (0x80004005)” 😛

I love your reflections on reflections. I always smile when I see ducks seemingly walking on water. it doesn’t freeze that hard here, most years, but I do remember a lagoon near where I used to live freezing in the winter of 1990, and the ducks were just standing on the ice, staring at their feet, completely bewildered! Clearly they were confirmed California ducks!

4. Brian Comeau says:

I love the first shot of the mallard. It’s like he is just trying to figure out “who is that”?

5. GirlSprout says:

I got sidetracked by the word generator and almost forgot to leave a comment. I like the painterly photos and the photo with the reflection on the window. Not sure if I have any photos that fit the meme, but will join if I do.

6. Victor Ho says:

I love that first duck photo. The neck is really in play. You don’t see a pose like that. At least not me.

7. Malinda says:

The ducks are SOOO cute! I have to remind myself to read as well as look at the pictures – and was inspired by “reflections”

8. andrea says:

The reflection photos are all wonderful and reflective indeed! I have been waiting for this to be up, now i don’t know if i have photos to join in, maybe none! I am intrigued also by the word generator, which i am not aware of, but laughed at what Curbstone Valley Farm produced. Now i want to try it too.

9. Patty says:

The random word generator gave me the word Challenge. Hmn, that will be a hard one 🙂

10. The words I got were tunnel, vanish, existence.
    It seems I have to do extra clicks to get to the list of participants, first click to view more, then more clicks to enter and view. Not all linky tools are this way.

• I can see vanish working great, same with existence. I am not sure why the extra clicks, is it advertising of some sort? I am seriously thinking of going to .org to manage my blog myself, then I can add the thumbnail links right on the post page. WP does not allow javascript on the .com blogs, so hence the other page. My only problem is I am afraid I may pick a wonky working host, then I have no recourse for blog repair if I make some CSS of HTML coding mistake.

11. Dear Donna, Your stunning photographs are truly inspirational! I love the bubble! I will participate in this meme by the weekend — the problem for me is the number of memes occurring on the same day (did Wildflower Wednesday, today). Of course, you are a hard act to follow, you know! P x

• Pam, thank you for dropping in for W4W and leaving your nice comment. I just wanted to note that W4W was created to work harmoniously with other memes, not as an either or situation. So feel free next time to think about a word and how it relates. W4W works great with WW posts too. That way you can avoid double posts.

Reflection can also mean reflecting on why you created the wildlife garden, what you chose to include, the wildlife that visit, or the feelings you get when in a wildlife garden. All can be done with just images to. I understand there are many memes and I tried my best to make sure words work across the board.

• Thanks, Donna. I guess I’ve been thinking in ‘boxes’. I use mirrors in my garden design and wanted to post on this. Now I realize I could so easily have linked it with WW, because one of my mirrors reflect purple cone flowers. Duhh! P. x

12. jakesprinter says:

Great post absolutely awesome my friend 🙂

13. Great images. Love this post too. 🙂

14. HolleyGarden says:

Great images, but I love your words, too. Winter, and January in particular, are good times to do a little reflecting. I think that’s why we make resolutions – we have reflected upon our flaws that we wish to change. I can just almost, but not quite, see your reflection in the soap bubble!

15. Indie says:

Such great pictures – I love the duck ones! The random word generator is too much fun. I got dependence, which works well in a garden setting. I also got some much harder words like pole, employer, and mainframe 🙂

16. Wonderful! Reflections make such interesting photographs. I particularly love the geese and ducks but then again the leaf is a brilliant photo… actually they are all great well done 🙂

17. Wow, that was one of the most beautiful posts, both the words and photos, that I’ve read!

18. Masha says:

Beautiful pictures, very creative. Thank you.

19. KL says:

Nice ideas and pictures. Any chance you are taking a photography class? Because in such classes, students are asked to focus on a particular word and take pictures.

• I had photography courses in 1989 in University. We did this as an assignment. I did mention this way back on maybe the first W4W post, I can’t really remember. The Word Generator is a tool for creative people to jump start ideas. Many creatives use it to get past a block of creativity.

20. Some beautiful images there Donna, there is something distinctly “monet” about that second geese photo, and I love the purple flower. Thank you, you made me smile!

Wonderful post! Photos and commentary are all inspiring. I love to reflect upon a photo and its meaning!

22. Great examples of reflecting! I love the images of the bubble, the window, and the rose. Great illustrations of the concept!

23. Carolyn says:

Love your reflections Donna… and your reflecting. Hoping to have more of that in my life soon. And more time to visit blogs. I’ve missed visiting you.

24. lula says:

Im a little late, but I love this “project” of words for picture, this topic is one of my favourites, I have been taking images for years on the subject of reflections. Reflecting should be a core course in schools!! We need it desperately in order to stop foolishness. And what a coindicende: plaued with random generator and gave me: stupidity. More to reflect on!!

25. Donna says:

These images are gorgeous! I love the picture of the leaf in the water with the reflection of the sky. Love the ducks, too.

By the way, my random word was ‘algorithm’…ugh.

26. Lilith says:

Beautiful, beautiful photos…..thank you

27. A really nice set of images on one theme. Very effective.