Month in Tens Calendar for March

I left you hanging in February because February only had 29 days. But I kept up the pace and recorded all the dismal days ending the month. The temperature was pretty much the same and most days were rather gray. Even February 21 with some sun, was not very bright. And how is March working out? See below for the first ten days.

Nothing much of a surprise.

• 21 February 2012 1 pm 34° Some sun with Snow
  • 22 February 2012 3 pm 35° Light Snow Flurries
  • 23 February 2012 8 am 32° Snow
  • 24 February 2012 11 am 37° Rain
  • 25 February 2012 9 am 36° Clouds
  • 26 February 2012 10 am 34° Clouds
  • 27 February 2012 9 am 38° Cloudy
  • 28 February 2012 8 am 29° Cloudy
  • 29 February 2012 9 am 33° Light Snow Flurries

Note: Word 4 Wednesday is Tracery. This is commonly associated with cathedrals, stained glass and architecture, but also can be applied to garden plants and design, figure out how and image it in photos!!!!

• 1 March 2012 11 am 37° Clouds
  • 2 March 2012 10 am 35° Part Sun
  • 3 March 2012 10 am 37° Sun, Snow Flurries and WIND
  • 4 March 2012 8 am 29° Clouds, Snow Flurries

• 5 March 2012 9 am 28° Sun and Snow Flurries
  • 6 March 2012 2 pm 34° Sun

• 7 March 2012 8 am 48° Sun

• 8 March 2012 9 am 51° Rain
  • 10 March 2012 8 am 21° Clouds to Sun and Cold

• 9 March 2012 8 am 35° Snow and Wind.

More from the snow day coming up for Month in Tens Images! With 60° weather all next week, this may be the last of the snow. Who knows?

This entry was posted in calendar, garden, Month in Tens, My Garden, Weather and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Month in Tens Calendar for March

1. I am hoping the last blast we got hammered with on Friday is the last..the pond thawed, the ground warmer and we had warm weather last week and now this week…That w4w should be interesting..

2. Andrea says:

HI Donna, just want you to know i was here. I wish some of those cold air coming from the melting snow will reach us, as we are having very hot environments already! Grrrr!

3. b-a-g says:

I love the view of the mature trees down your avenue. We also have trees but all their branches are cut off each year just leaving the trunks. The trees respond by suckering – it looks quite sad.
    Tracery will probably be the biggest challenge so far …

4. I accidentally submitted my comment before I was done! Oops! I’ll be in the garden today and will keep my eye out for images that appear traced or that trace an outline against another image. It will be a fun perspective to carry with me. :o)

5. John says:

Great work capturing the woodpecker on the suet feeder, not an easy task. We’re forecast for 50’s and even 60’s for the next week, perhaps it is an end for winter this year.

6. Barbie says:

Even the bare trees are beautiful, but I guess spring will be welcome this year!

7. Dear Donna, Our March weather is not usually as harsh as yours, however this year it is positively balmy with hellebores, crocuses and A DAFFODIL in bloom. Crazy. I love the sidewalks on your street. You can actually walk and look at people’s gardens. We have no sidewalks and run the risk of being hit by a car if we try to walk around here. P. x

8. Marguerite says:

Amazing how quickly it goes from spring like conditions to full on winter again. We’ve had a run of nice days recently and the forecast is for more of the same but everyone tells me there is always a St. Patrick’s Day storm so I’m not holding out hope for spring just yet.

9. Shyrlene says:

Your neighborhood photo is really wonderful. The homes have such great character and there is a graceful elegance as you look down the street. I noticed that the grass in your yard is greening up already! Snow melt helps (that’s what I kept telling myself during the last snow), but I like “spring rains” better. (Your calendar posts are so cool.)

10. I love your calendar of weather past and upcoming gardening chores. Super!!!

11. Lovely hellebore. I think these posts are my favorites of the ones you do, so interesting. Keep up the good work.

12. Looks like you are still in the throws of winter. But it sounds like a touch of spring is on its way. That will be nice to have things warm up a little! W4W will be a challenge. I will have to put my thinking cap on! I love that shot of the Robin and squirrel. It is so fun to see wildlife “interact”.

13. jakesprinter says:

Beautiful as always my friend excellent post 🙂

14. Patty says:

Same weather over here too, including the snow. The street view photo lifts my heart as it anticipates the upcoming spring with sun and a very clean neighborhood.

15. Indie says:

I love your beautiful magazine-like layouts! So pretty with the helleborus!
    The snow is really pretty too, though I’m sure you’re anxious for some spring weather!