Where I am From

Grings Mill

Sorry all I cannot be visiting you all this week, but I thought you might like to know where I am from originally. These images are from where I lived right before moving North. It is a local park that was very close to my former home. I will be showing images these coming weeks taking you sightseeing in the place I was born and raised. Honestly, it is far prettier than anywhere in Niagara Falls, except the Niagara State Park itself. Lucky me, I live right there.

PA has the coolest old structures.

Tulpehocken Creek is a beautiful tailwater fishery just outside Reading, PA.  A dam was built here which created Blue Marsh Lake. I have photos of that coming.

This is one of the most scenic areas in the Berks County area. My parents lived next to the Daniel Boone homestead, and if I get a chance, I will take you there too. It is very pretty countryside.

Similar to the scene above.

Hawk Mountain Bird Sanctuary Native Garden (more on this coming). This is a place that deserves national attention. It is high in the mountains and is every bit as pretty as the nature walks I take you to in Niagara Falls. The trails are similar to the Gorge area in New York with great views and vistas. Great scenery and a wonderful wild flower garden. I love the lily pond here.

Enjoy the scenery and sorry I can not write and post more. My internet time is very limited, so again, sorry I can not be visiting you all, but I will catch up soon I hope. The next post is my GBBD post of my garden in the Falls. It is a scheduled auto-post on the eve of the 14th. It is full of blooming color.

This entry was posted in Nature, Parks, photography, photos, Ponds, Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Where I am From

1. deborahelliott says:

Gorgeous countryside! It would be hard to leave such idyllic scenery. My dream house would be a stone house by a lovely stream or pond.

2. Beautiful! It looks like such a peaceful place. Hope your Internet situation improves soon–it’s so frustrating to have limited time.

3. joey says:

Thank you for sharing these lovely photos. How blessed to once live near … time well spent!

4. Holy freaking crap. That is gorgeous. Why on earth did you ever leave?!

5. You sold it to me with that first water mill… I do love a good watermill!
    My great-great-great grandmother grew up in this watermill in Denmark: http://natmus.dk/uploads/pics/ellested.moellesoe_06.jpg
    -And I’ve spent many summer and winter holidays in this water mill in North England: http://www.imagesofengland.org.uk/images/07/68/L076825.jpg

6. Mac_fromAustralia says:

Absolutely beautiful!

7. Meta says:

Perfectly beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

8. I grew up in western PA. I different sort of vibe there, but I do miss Pennsylvania. I’m looking forward to seeing more from your part of the state

9. Pennsylvania is another planet, isn’t it. It’s such a beautiful, unique place, and I enjoyed every single one of the images of it in this post.

10. Gorgeous countryside! Looks like a perfect setting for a movie. It is wonderful that you grew up in such a serene place surrounded by nature!

11. Victor Ho says:

Nice place to have grown up. I assume these are more recent photos rather from the time you lived there. Hope your journey is a good one.

12. Lovely photos capturing all that is beautiful about my home state. You must be down here!?!

13. gauchoman2002 says:

Very lovely, some very old structures indeed, they seem right at home near the grass and lakes and streams.

14. Pearl says:

What an idyllic setting!! I’ve heard of Berks County. How far is that from Lancaster county where I go to visit a relative? I see a lot of stone buildings there too.

15. Gorgeous pictures! There’s no place like home.

16. Patty says:

Wow. Stunning place to be. It must have been very hard to leave home.

17. trailblazer1 says:

My ex is from Scranton and we used to go camping at Lake Wallenpaupack in PA – your shots reminded me of those times many years ago. Beautiful.

18. The pictures are amazing and stunningly beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

19. HolleyGarden says:

Oh, what pretty countryside! I have never been to PA, but I’ve always heard how beautiful it is there. Your pictures really show how gorgeous it is. Have a great time while you’re there!

20. I went to college in PA and there are such beautiful streams and mills. Love the stone houses in your pictures, what a gorgeous place.

21. Chad B says:

That looks like a great place to vacation . . . now if I can just convince my wife that Hawaii is overrated.

22. Alistair says:

Well Donna you are very lucky where you live at present, but the area you show us today would be hard to get out of your system. Very charming.

23. Beautiful scenes, Donna! Thanks for sharing some of your shady (and sunny and partly cloudy) past. Do you actually live IN Niagra State Park or just next to it?

24. Marguerite says:

Love the old stone buildings. Enjoy your time away.

25. gorgeous place Donne…I m from Philly originally..then a small town in IN before moving here….love your hometown…

26. So beautiful!! My kind of country. 🙂

27. Jennifer says:

Beautiful scenery indeed. Enjoy your break, Donna!

28. bumblelush says:

Beautiful and very charming!

29. newvoice says:

This is picture-book perfect! How beautiful and it must be a blessing to have come from this area.

30. b-a-g says:

I can see where you got your love of nature from.

31. Absolutely beautiful Donna! Enjoy!

32. lula says:

Donna, this is idyllic landscape! I will need time to catch up with your blog, because the past two months b¡have been really hectic and busy with the move to a new home with garden!! I resume blogging (and reading others) this week and will share images and the new story with all, enjoy your beautiful former home, Lula

33. Thank you for taking us on this trip.

34. Donna says:

Oh how gorgeous! PA really is a beautiful place. We drove through it on our way to visit my husband’s home town of Delhi, NY, several years ago. Some of the areas and were just breathtaking, as was Upstate NY.