Buffalo Garden Walks Open Gardens – A Bit of Sun and A Bit of Shade

This garden appears so much larger than it is due to careful and creative design planning. It belongs to a Master Gardener and her knowledge of plants is quite evident as you stroll through the lovely garden.

There are a few paths to take and each one is as lovely as the next. It is similar to the last featured garden, The Garden of Towering Trees, Open Garden, in that many paths traverse the rear yard.

Throughout, there is art and interest.

Deep beds are lush and well cared for.

A focal point so nicely sited.

You can see from this view how the garden veers off in different directions, each having a different destination.

Many flowers are in both shade and sun, adding visual interest and color throughout.

This is a beautiful front planting, but not really giving a hint what you will find in the rear yard.

Paths are formed with gravel, laid flag and other natural materials as you enter the spaces.

Bright punches of color pop.

Containers are colorfully created.

And, of course, like any Master Gardener, the wildlife is heartily encouraged to make a home.

Appropriately up next, Splish, Splash, I’m Taking A Bath a post to set the stage for Let’s Get Ready to Rumble. They are cute pictorial stories similar in spirit to the post Ant Capades. Or more like, The Blue Jay and the Peanut Story since we do have characters with blue feathers in our first story. Then we get serious again with another garden – a Daylily Hybridizer.

Check out the Niagara Falls tab above. A pretty new photo of the Falls was posted yesterday. Same with Garden Moments, a new critter joins the others. Photos are added frequently.

This entry was posted in Birds, garden, Garden Walk Buffalo, Garden Walk Images, Garden Walks, Gardening, Landscape Design, landscapes, Nature, photography, photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Buffalo Garden Walks Open Gardens – A Bit of Sun and A Bit of Shade

1. bee1designs/Barbara Evans says:

Thanks for your great photos. Enjoyed your visit so much. You have hooked me on your blog!

2. thequeenofseaford says:

Love the different types of pathways through this garden. Those hostas are so big and lush, I can get lured into wanting some of those big ones….but resist because of the deer. Love the punch of color with the red, wonderful garden!!

3. Jennifer says:

Very lovely garden. I love that moss covered pathway and the white urn with the ivy trailing down.

4. A really lovely and inspirational garden. Thank you for taking us on your garden tours.

5. What a beautiful garden. It looks really big but even if it is not there is so much to see and so much variety. The bird is too cute!

6. Donna, you are indeed fortunate to be able to visit so many gardens (some private), and we are fortunate that you share so many photos and details.

7. Rose says:

What a gorgeous garden! It looks huge to me; it certainly has a lot of intriguing plantings to explore. Thanks for sharing this, Donna. I love garden tours, but during this hot summer, I appreciate such vivid virtual tours even more:)

8. Alistair says:

Clear to see why Barbara Evans like myself, is hooked on your blog.

9. b-a-g says:

The wooden bench amongst the hostas is where I would want to sit.

10. What a lovely garden ! Thanks for sharing ! The pics are awesome !

11. Another gorgeous garden! It really looks like a cool place to relax. I do like how the owner/gardener has incorporated art in her garden. I am getting lots of ideas for my garden…

12. HolleyGarden says:

What a gorgeous garden. So lush, so green. I love the art in the garden, too.

13. I have nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blog Award go to http://donkeywhispererfarm2010.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/my-second-very-inspiring-blogging-award/ to pick up your award. Congratulations! Melody

14. Beautiful. Again. I just put in a garden with a pathway of stepping stones and mosses like that for someone, but it’s brand new. It’s lovely to see a fully filled-in one; I hope I get to see mine when it grows in a couple of years from now!

15. I bet these gardeners really appreciate your beautiful profiles of their amazing gardens. Very nice!

16. Love a garden that lets you interact because standing gives you one view but actually sitting down gives you another view:) Great Photos – thanks for sharing!

17. Norine Spurling says:

Barbara’s garden is such a lush and beautiful spot to visit any year, but especially this year when so much around us is dry and struggling.

18. Your photos certainly shows the beauty of this garden Donna. I really like the bones, the art and that bubbling water feature.

19. Cathy says:

A beautiful garden – so many shades of green with sudden splashes of colour drawing the eye to the next feature… and those lovely curvy pathways and steps. Wouldn’t it be fun to create such a garden?! Thanks for sharing!

20. Graziella says:

Great pictures as usual, you should really think about turning the posts into features and add in a couple of interviews with the gardeners 🙂 You certainly have both the material and the pictures covered.

21. Jeanette says:

Thanks for sharing this garden too. I love your photograph of the grass and daylilies. Everything looks so fresh. She has such a wide variety of plants and arranged beautifully.

I was hooked with first photo and really enjoyed the tour! The garden is wonderfully designed, yet seems so natural: the mark of a true master gardener!

23. Lovely garden. I would expect it to be more dried out looking and not so green because of your drought.