Splish, Splash, I’m Taking A Bath

There was a splishin and splashin… come on sing along…

Rollin and a strollin
Movin and a grovin

Reeling with the feeling
Splishin ana a splashin
Rollin and a strollin
On a Saturday night… Sing along…

Shake, shake, shake….

Oh, shake, shake, shake; shake, shake, shake,
Shake your booty! Shake your booty.

Aah, You can, you can do it very well.
You’re the best in the world, I can tell.

I smell roses!

Whoops!! I think I am in trouble. I was told not to get the roses wet late in the day.

Raindrops keep falling on my head
But that doesn’t mean my eyes will soon be turnin’ red
Crying’s not for me

Cause I’m never gonna stop the rain by complainin’
Because I’m free
Nothing’s worrying me.

I’m having a great time.

Rub dub
Just relaxin in the tub
Thinkin everything was allright

What the? Incoming…

Get that Jay out of here. Don’t come back until we are Jay free.

All gone dear, you are free to have the bath to yourself.

Want some company? No need to give me that look. Let’s sing…

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free

What the… I thought you said we were going to be alone. Incoming….

Now that is a pretty bird honey. Hey, where did you go?

Yipes, here comes another one. And they look mad.

Now no need to get testy. Let’s have a talk about this, fellas.

We are all reasonable birds here.

You had no right to kick my friend out of the bird bath. Now if you can please leave.

Well, how long do you think they will be gone? Certainly, not long enough. Can’t trust those Grackles.

Let this be a warning to all you Jays, Grackles are mean and nasty, downright evil doers. They do not share and they think all is theirs. We Jays have a reputation to uphold and no Grackle will get any respect of Blue Jays. And they were the ones to get the roses wet, and I am sticking to my story.

All together now…. Splish, splash, I’m was taking a bath, long about Saturday night.

No photo manipulation on any image, bird expressions just caught at the right time with fast shutter action. I was inside and shots were taken through the window, so a bit of window haze.

This entry was posted in Birds, Blue Jay, Funny Fotos, Funny Stories, garden, Gardening, Nature, photography, photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Splish, Splash, I’m Taking A Bath

1. Cat says:

Great captures, Donna! I’m singing along with you.

2. GREAT photos! And I loved the lyrics. Especially ‘Blackbird’, which is one of my favorite Beatles songs (though I hate grackles just as much as the Blue Jays!)

3. astridshome says:

I was certainly singing along with the Jays – what a great old song! And the Beatles one too! What’s it say about my memory, though, when I can remember all the words to songs like these but can’t remember what I did yesterday??? Uh oh……..great photos, Donna, and fun post.

4. Brian Comeau says:

Very entertaining and creative! You captured some great images (…and personalities).

5. Again I am in awe of your photos and story! I even coaxed my husband into reading this post and he very much enjoyed it as well.

6. nicole says:

Ha! Love it! Thanks for giving me a chuckle tonight! And those shots! Amazing!

7. Ogee says:

Taken from inside?? Amazing. Thanks for the fun!

8. Jess says:

ooh those bluejays, such bullies. Though the mockingbirds here win out, if push really comes to shove. Which it does.

9. Cathy says:

LOL! Great pictures, despite the window pane! Brilliant!

10. Anarya Andir says:

Wonderful photographs! And I love the post! πŸ™‚

11. Graziella says:

Brilliant! This was the highlight of my day at work today πŸ™‚

12. I wish the birds would use my bird bath as yours is being used – what fun to watch! I think only the mosquitos have been using mine this Summer!

13. Oh my gosh! This post is the most beautiful thing that made me smile today!

14. Barbie says:

love the blue jays! You have captured that amazingly! πŸ™‚
    The black birds we call starlings – are real pesky pests! They overwhelm the bird feeders and baths too. Just roughnecks, if you ask me!

15. Fabulous pics! Those grackles, I swear. They used to completely bamboozle the birds on our feeders at our last house. Such bullies! πŸ˜‰ I’m happy to say we’re grackle-free here!

16. JoΓ£o InΓ‘cio says:

Great pics (and subtitles…) ! And beautiful post too!

17. HolleyGarden says:

Cute post! I really was singing along! Perhaps you should put out two bird baths! πŸ˜‰

18. Love it! Beautiful pictures -the more as they are taken from inside!
    Enjoyed it very much. Thank you!

19. Amazing! I don’t think I’ve ever had a blue jay at my birdbaths. He looks like he’s having lots of fun! Splish splash!

20. Too much fun Donna…those candid shots of the jay faces later on are priceless…I was singing along all the way through…the jays are a bird we do not see here so it was fun to watch them!

21. OMG! 1st Great Captures – loving the photos. 2nd Just hilarious – made me smile and chuckle:) Have a Great Weekend!

22. What priceless photos! Love the singing and story with the captures. Fun, fun, fun~!

23. You were just having too much fun with this post. Funny Donna. Love the joy of the jay taking its bath.

24. Indie says:

Some great shots! I love the expressions on the jay’s faces at the end and the bath shots! Birds have so much personality.

25. jakesprinter says:

Beautiful shot Donna so stunning,Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

26. wiseacre says:

great set of photos
    love them all

27. I love the fact that these are candid shots with no photo editing! It speaks to your tremendous talent, Donna, and also the pure joy of the moment!

28. WOW!! Incredible photos!! Really fabulous post!! πŸ™‚

29. b-a-g says:

Great shots. We don’t have jays – they look really mean.

30. Fantastic photos. I caught a bunch of robins enjoying my bird bath. Birds take such joy is frolicking in the bath, don’t they.

31. Ida says:

Oh my goodness what a totally fun post filled with such delightful shots of these lovely jays and the “evil” doers. Love their intense eyes.

32. Kevin says:

I love to watch birds taking a bath. They look as if they are in complete ecstasy.

33. Very cute and extremely clever.

34. willowbatel says:

Laughed and sang out loud to this, hahaha. Wonderful post.