Mary’s Garden on Buffalo Garden Walk

An urban gem.

I went to Garden Walk Buffalo on Saturday, the first day of the event. I only got to a few gardens before getting rather ill and having to go home. The weather was threatening rain, and I had left just in time as it started to rain when I got on the expressway.

I was the only one in all the gardens I visited that morning, which was very odd for this huge garden walk. I believe the weather was keeping people from staring out at 10 am, and the rain was expected to clear by the afternoon, which it did.

This garden is a very popular one on the garden walk, and usually packed with visitors each day. I was very fortunate to get to photograph it without the crowds.

You can see how well-appointed the garden is and that it has many very interesting turns and spaces. It is heavily planted and very well maintained.

The paths are winding and very intimate.

The house is an architectural gem part of a beautiful, historic neighborhood, one in which fellow blogger, Jim from Art of Gardening also lives. His home and garden are very beautiful as well, and Jim is the hard-working President of Garden Walk Buffalo. Go to his site to see if you are not familiar with his blog, but I know many of you are.

Hope you enjoyed.

This entry was posted in garden, Garden Walk Buffalo, Garden Walk Images, Garden Walks, Gardening and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Mary’s Garden on Buffalo Garden Walk

1. Love the way this garden masses plants, also the paths, arbors, and water feature.

2. thequeenofseaford says:

Very much enjoyed! I like touring a garden when no one else is there….trying to take in a gorgeous garden in a crowd is hard.

3. What a lot of interesting features this garden has, and as you say, it’s very well-maintained.

4. beautiful! looks very full and healthy!

5. Another magical escape for me. Thank you for giving me my daily does of magic. =>

6. Libby says:

I really like the twisty turny paths – can make even a small garden something of a tour of discovery.

7. I love that arbor! The garden is very inviting and balanced. I see why it is so popular.

8. Astrid says:

Hi Donna
    The arbors are fabulous anchors throughout the garden as well as the Muskoka chairs. Her plants look as if they receive TLC daily. Wow!! What a gorgeous garden. Glad you made it there and got to take as many photos as you did before you needed to return home. Thx for the post.

9. Wow! I will surely sit in that garden for hours. Those sights are really breath taking! WOW!

10. What a gorgeous river of pure gold. One of the most dramatic images of this garden season, I think. Thank you so much for that and the accompanying pix, as well.

11. jakesprinter says:

Your photography always shine Donna,Thanks for sharing 🙂

12. Barbie says:

Shame – I hope you feel better. The photos you managed with out crowds are stunning – the garden is as well. Amazing depth and very dense, but so inviting.

13. Shirley says:

This garden is so beautiful, I can see why it is a popular stop on the tour. The color combinations are memorable too.

14. Sitting here drinking my morning coffee and you were the first of the blogs I opened. What a beautiful way to start my day. The gardens are awesomely georgeous and so well presented by your great photography. Thanks for the beautiful start.

15. What a fabulous garden, I think I remember that packed border of rudbekias from last year, so dramatic. A plantsmans’s paradise.

16. Loved this garden..that arbor and gate are a beautiful stained brown that accentuates the garden…

17. nicole says:

Wonderful! You really go on the best garden walks! How inspiring!

18. igardendaily says:

The gardens look beautiful but my favorite photos are the ones showing the wood arbor. It is a gorgeous piece of garden decor!