Ordinary Trip Quick Pics

Stormy, angry sky over a field.

A nicer morning at Blue Marsh Lake.

This trip was a wash for me. It rained and rained. But…

I had so many plans and did pretty much none of them. There were so many places to go to take photos, and people I really wanted to see. I was in PA for a family reunion and did attend the party, although I was not much fun. I did not take photos but many folks did.

I got the flu when I went to Pennsylvania and had to cut my trip short by four days. One day, I spent the whole day in bed sad and sick, my camera idly by my side.

Country road in Pennsylvania.

These images were taken at various locations, many from my Jeep. Not much went into my choice of photos so I named the post based on what resulted for images.  They do give you an idea what Berks county looks like at this time of year.

Wildflower loveliness under stormy skies.

Barns are everywhere.

Horses too!

The City of Reading as seen from the Pagoda. It finally stopped raining on Sunday.

Tall red spruce, white and red pine at the Crystal Cave nature trail.

On the way home to Niagara Falls on Monday morning, I stopped off at Hawk Mountain. It was early, but not before sunup which I would have liked for the sun rising over the mountains.

Trees and mountains are everywhere. Hawk Mountain with clear skies.

The image below was zoomed in on the distant mountains at Hawk Mountain. The far off scene is draped in blue light. I like being up in the mountains and wish I had time to hike and take photos. But not feeling well, I just stopped because this is such a nice place to take a few moments to relax.

The image below was on the way to Hawk Mountain. The sun made a pretty scene through the trees even though it was just along the mountain road.

The next three photos are driving back through Pennsylvania to New York.

Back to rain and clouds….

The leaves are changing, but not like in the Corning, NY area on the way down. This is Route 81 headed to NY. The Fall color is not nearly as vibrant.

Color roadside.

On the way to Pennsylvania, it rained the whole way. I would have liked to get some photos of the color in Corning, NY. because it was the best I have seen anywhere for Fall color.

Coming up, we will be back in North Carolina to see more images from Fling gardens. Plus we have more from Pennsylvania. Reading has a Pagoda at the top of a mountain and I took photos from there. I took images at and in Crystal Cave, and some more big scene photos too.

This entry was posted in Nature, photography, photos, Travel, Weather, weeds and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Ordinary Trip Quick Pics

1. Love the sun peeking through the trees! Be well 😊

2. I thoroughly enjoyed this road trip with you. It looks so tranquil and bucolic. The spruces are what I imagine California to look like. These kinds of forests are so wonderful-nice and open!

3. Promenade Claire says:

I’m always captivated by images of Spruce, one day I’ll get to walk in amongst them

4. It is very relaxing to sit back and look at your beautiful photos. Pennsylvania really is such a beautiful state. I need to get out into the countryside more. I’m sorry you were sick I missed seeing you.

5. Jeanette says:

I’m sorry you had the flu! Thanks for sharing your photos of the trip. You captured beautiful landscape horizons. I especially love the Hawk Mountain photographs. Be well!

It may have been an “ordinary” trip, but these are extraordinary pictures. They’re beautiful shots of a lovely landscape. Pennsylvania is a lush state. I’m sorry to hear you got sick on the trip. I hope you’re feeling better now!

7. skeeter says:

Bummer on you getting the flu while on your trip, sigh… This looks like a beautiful road trip rain and all….

8. I love dramatic skies. You’ve got a couple of stunning photos there.

Fantastic photos, Donna.

10. Love these … the white horse and the meadow with asters especially.

11. Layanee says:

So sorry you got the flu. What is worse than being sick far from your own bed? You took some lovely photos even tho…

12. Beautiful images–and so sorry you were not feeling well!

13. Sorry you’re not feeling well but you got some great images. Get well soon!

14. karen says:

You got some good shots, the mountains and the rays of the sun, hope you are over your flu, we have the nasty virus now, at the beginning of spring, wonderful.

15. Loving your post – Great Photos – thanks for sharing! Have a Beautiful Day:)

16. Yuck! I hate being sick especially on a road trip! Despite your not feeling well you got some great shots! I love the dramatic skies! Nice to see a little fall color too. Something I can look forward to in a few weeks. I hope you are back to feeling 100% soon!

17. Brian Comeau says:

I love the morning light and red spruce… Looks like it was a beautiful drive too.

18. I really enjoy the moodiness of the stormy sky over the fields. Nice composition and light Donna. Which isn’t to say your other photographs aren’t delightful also, but that first one is my favorite.

19. Andrea says:

Hi Donna, i am so sorry you got sick in that vacation. But these photos are still marvelous in my eyes, and the tour is wonderful for me. The expanse of the horizons is so soothing and healing too. I hope these views made you well. Thanks.

20. nicole says:

What a bummer that you got sick! Yuck! Let me tell you that for not having much planned you sure make it look easy and incredible….really love those pines….so calming.

21. lucindalines says:

Sorry you were sick. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Hard for a prairie girl to imagine what it must be like to live by all those trees.

22. Yep, that’s PA alright! Beautiful photos, sorry you weren’t feeling well.

23. Hope this comment finds you well already.
    I love driving through tree-lined roads especially when trees have multi colored leaves!

24. You are the third or fourth person I have heard of having had the flu already this season. Time for me to get my flu shot!! I like your pictures, especially the one of the sun streaming through the trees along the road. We have a spot similar to that, the trees that fill the forest are beech, so we call it Sherwood Forest. (a BBC Robin Hood series had Sherwood Forest filled with beech).
    I think my favorite spot for fall color is the Hudson River valley. Reminded me of a bowl of Trix cereal as a kid. 🙂

25. Hope you feel better…the leaves are amazing here and especially along the Thruway between Syracuse and Rome where I work…

26. Les says:

I love the shot of the sun coming through the trees.