Photographing Fall with Garden Snaps

Just some quick morning snaps of pinks and reds around the garden, the sun dancing in and out. Playing with the aperture for selective blur, positioning for framing against the most colorful of background to enhance my subjects, this is the first I picked up my camera since I left PA in the early morn of October 1. It is also the first post I put together since Can You Believe, BEEbots? The Fling posts were all in the hopper awaiting a turn to upload. Hope you enjoyed the photos.

Since I have been missing showing the garden for a couple of months, and was sick for two weeks and not even outside in nature, I wandered out yesterday to take some pics of the pinks and reds in the garden. I am still not in the ‘pink’ but am feeling much better.

This is my neighbor’s rose above, (mine are red and white and the white will be in the next post).

It really is a particularly colorful Fall this year. I hope to get out and photograph the Fall leaf color when I am feeling a bit more chipper. We have been having weather in the 70s. Midnight temps are in the 60s and I have been missing the great weather.

I did not have a clue the mallow was blooming. Or the rose standard in bloom.

Bees are still a buzz… even though the pickings are waning.

I have two more posts on the Gentling garden that are going to appear a bit later. I always save that type of post for when I am away from my house, computer or camera.

Fall is here and it is good to be seasonal. Plenty of time for the rest of the Fling and garden walk images to come in the colder months. This warm weather is making me really curious what to expect for the winter season. I always want snow, lots of it. But this year, I am hoping that the snow holds off.

I am planning a trip to see my cousin in St. Lucia in January and I want that plane off the ground. My trip is planned with another blogging buddy and we are anticipating some seaside relaxing. My cousin owns a hotel and two villas, so I am sure our trip will be fun and maybe a bit luxurious. So Mother Nature, make my winter a mild one, at least until the end of February.

Mother Nature was very generous this year with Fall color. The colors in the garden are aglow and I did not want to miss the vivid rainbow of opportunity.

Yellow, blue, white and oranges of the garden are coming up next. The garden is a kaleidoscope of color any which way you turn. I shot the front yard in wide-angle so you will see the turn of the season up next.

Plus  – a reflective post on thoughts, with photos of course. And here is a thought to ponder…

What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.

Author Unknown

This entry was posted in COLOR, Fall, Fling, garden, Gardening, My Garden, Nature, photos and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Photographing Fall with Garden Snaps

1. beautiful photographs as always

2. Andrea says:

Donna, i am so very glad you are better now! At least you are taking photos again, and all of these shots are great. The first leaves shot and the mallow are my favorite. I will not be repeating my envy because i can’t have the desired f’s, just have the f3.5 35mm! I have to be contented with it, LOL.

3. Such pretty roses. I’m glad it is staying warm up there and you are feeling better.

4. So glad to hear you are feeling better! Stunning pictures, as always.

5. Am glad you’re all better, wishin for you to be at your best! I could smell those flowers!

6. newvoice says:

How gorgeous the autumn colours are. The Mallow is so pretty, I have heard about it – a medicinal herb?

7. ..really love the shots of your leaves! autumn is one of my favourite times of the year….the colours are so vivid due to the fall in light levels…the same leaves in the summer, even if they were the same colour, would not have this magical beauty….somehow, the muted levels of light during this time of year adds to the depth of colours!

8. lula says:

I find that images in this post have the quality of old photography, a little faded, giving me a sense of serenity, I like particularly the second one, is a very pictorialist portrait. Thanks!

The pictures are beautiful! I’m pleasantly surprised by how colorful the fall has been. I was expecting less vibrant colors because of how hot the summer was. I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better! I hope you’ll be in the “pink” soon.

Glad to hear you are feeling better and back in the garden. Your pictures are stunning as usual.

11. b-a-g says:

Hi Donna – Guess you live by that motto – your perseverance is inspiring. A little luxurious pampering is in order. The leaves are my favourite pinks.

12. I am glad to see that you were out with your camera but hope you didn’t overdo it! Your quote is very thought provoking especially as we get older and realize that the days aren’t endless. I am better at making the best of each day during the spring and summer. I will have to work on fall and winter. St. Lucia will certainly help.

13. HolleyGarden says:

Isn’t it amazing how much we miss in just a few days when we can’t go outside? I don’t think un-gardeners realize how much is missed, but we gardeners miss every bloom, every leaf drop. Glad you are feeling better. And your time in St. Lucia will be wonderful! What a great getaway! That last quote really got to me. Not sure any of my days are “important”, except to me!

14. Beautiful pinks and reds! That last photo and the quote are quite special. I’m not sure how to describe how they affected me. The time of year and various other life happenings have me in a contemplative mood. I’m looking forward to your next post…as always!

15. The beginnings of fall’s beauty really shines through in your photos! Glad you are feeling better and looking forward to a fun and relaxing get-a-way!

16. Les says:

I am glad you are feeling better, but you need more orange to look at. It is the color of health (in my opinionated, non-medical professional opinion). Either that, or get yourself a spot next to a large body of salt water sooner than January.

17. Indie says:

I’m glad you are feeling better and able to get outside for a bit! It’s always a weird feeling going outside after being in for a long time – you always get the feeling like you missed a chunk of time somewhere. The mallows are beautiful, and I love when all the leaves start turning color! The upcoming vacation sound fabulous!

18. Wonderful that you are feeling better. Nature can sure help us get there faster. Your garden is behind mine which is nice. We are past peak and leaves are almost completely down in my garden after our freeze last weekend sped it all up. But some blooms are braving the 60 degrees in daytime and 40s at night. A nice holiday planned for mid winter…I will be driving my hour commute then hoping for next year to have some winter holidays.

19. Interesting point to ponder. I feel like each day I embrace our lovely surroundings, it is a good trade off.
    Take it slow with the health, pneumonia is nothing to take lightly.
    Great photos of your pinks and a few reds.

20. Christy says:

Hi Donna, this is Christy from Christy’s Wildlife Cottage Garden. I did a guest blog on Tina Ramsey’s blog on 10-31. Thank you so much for you comment. We just love the wildlife and enjoy watching it year round. Your garden looks wonderful. I enjoyed your Fall colors! Have a good day.