Merry Christmas – Decorated Trees

Xmas_tree-6

Welcome to My Home

This year was the year the Concolor came down. I went out to the garden and chopped it to become the Christmas Tree. I had hoped that my friend would come and dig the tree to sell, but that did not occur. Getting too large for the front yard at twelve feet, it had to be removed.

My living room has nine foot ceilings, so I cut off the bottom three feet to design the mantel garland and door wreath.

Also, the boughs became part of my backyard wildlife photo studio that you will see in a post in January. I will show you how I created a place to photograph birds that looks a tad more natural than shooting them at the feeders, plus give you tips I learned.

Natural_Tree-2

The tree is simple this year because the Concolor is such a majestic tree. The long needles give it the look of Pine, yet the tree is very neatly pyramid in shape. I cannot get far enough back in my living room to show the full tree unless I move a lot of furniture, so this will have to do.

Mantel-2

The mantel was also simply adorned with the same dried hydrangea that decorated the tree. I have seven hydrangea in the garden which to pick the dried flowers.

Xmas_Tree-9

I like birds inside and outside.

Xmas_tree-4

Mantel

Xmas_tree-8

Xmas_tree-7

Mantel-3

This is Frosty below, a stray cat I took in from the bitter winter cold a number of years ago. You can see he is king of the Ethan Allen furniture. He has his own pillow!

Frosty

Now to the Dining Room and the two artificial trees. They have Dollar Store poinsettia along with some of the natural ornaments on the real tree in the Living Room that coordinate the scheme.

Red_Tree-4

Xmas_2013

Handmade Santa from a gourd.

RedTree-2

Red_tree-2

Centerpiece

The pretty centerpiece arrived today from my wonderful cousin, Pat in Pennsylvania. I am nor sure how it is possible, but she always matches to my decor perfectly. One year it was all lime green and gold, and what arrives, but a centerpiece of lime green and gold. The red this year is perfect, even the homey plaid ribbon.

Red_Tree-3

Poinsettia ball ornaments.

Red_Tree

Red_Tree-5

Red_Tree-6

Xmas_Tree-1

Santa-2012

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Have a safe and healthy holiday season.

This entry was posted in Christmas, garden and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

85 Responses to Merry Christmas – Decorated Trees

1. A beautiful tree. We have some similar ornaments, like angels made of flax fibers. However, we did not put up a tree this year – or buy presents. We are all going on a trip instead. Happy holidays!

2. Julie Gomez says:

Your tree and decorations are lovely. The Santa gourd is wonderful. Best wishes, and Merry Christmas!

3. Concolor is my favorite Christmas tree and yours is amazing…Donna your Christmas was a joy to see as it brought the me the beauty of the season… thank you and Merry Christmas!!

• Concolor is a wonderful tree. It is holding up this year better than any other tree I have brought home from the farm. I feel bad having to chop it down, especially since it raised a robin family last summer. Merry Christmas to you too, Donna.

4. Merry Christmas Donna! I share your affinity for natural elements to make the home look festive for the holidays. Love all those birds!

5. Your home looks so warm and inviting. Love the natural elements. Merry Christmas Donna!

• It is a change every year. Some years there is glitz and glimmer, others is laid back with scrounging around the garden. The Concolor left a big void in the garden, so some plant moving is in order next Spring. I hope you have a wonderful and joyous holiday season Lee.

6. Marisa says:

It all looks just beautiful, Donna. I especially love the Santa gourd and the wooden reindeer decoration. When I first moved into my house, I was thrilled to have a high ceiling in the lounge room. I bought a beautiful Christmas tree and lovely decorations, but then, just a couple of years later, I got the first of my two dogs, and the poor tree has been in storage ever since!

• I know what you mean with pooches. I had two large white dogs myself and they loved Christmas. They would open their own presents and had a great day. Even their dinner was our dinner. They loved turkey and Prime Rib. Have a fun holiday season and give them a pet from me.

7. Your tree and mantle and all the decorations are lovely, Donna. You really know how to “deck the halls” for the holidays! Frosty looks pretty comfortable and contented, too. I’ll look forward to your tips about the natural wildlife studio. Merry Christmas!

8. catmint says:

dear donna, your home looks so warm and inviting – and the photos equally so. I enjoyed the visit, just as I know santa will.

9. Nadezda says:

Donna, I love real tree on Holy days so I can imagine the wonderful smell you have in your living room. Nice design and decoration. Happy Christmas to you and your family!

10. paulinemulligan says:

Love all your natural ornaments and your Santa gourd, amazing, you certainly know how to decorate your house! Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

11. Victor Ho says:

Donna
    Merry Xmas and Happy New Year. What a nice set of photos. Your cat looks docile and not at all likely to pounce on your ornaments. Beautiful decorations. All the best to you and your family.

• Thanks Victor. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family too. The cat… well he toppled a tree his first year here. It was too inviting I guess, but it scared him into never doing it again. He found out quickly it was not the same as when it was outside and rooted.

12. Happy Christmas to you, Donna.

13. Wow! Beautiful decorations and beautiful photos. The front of our house is done (maybe I should say decorated rather than done because Phil keeps adding things). We follow the old German custom and will put up our Christmas tree on Christmas Eve

14. As always, you are a decorating genius. Not many people can get their tree from the front yard or use it twice for that matter—the ultimate in sustainability. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

15. Jennifer says:

Merry Christmas to you, Donna! Your house looks wonderful and festive. All the best for the new year!

16. wifemothergardener says:

Lovely, warm home for the holidays! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    ~Julie

17. gauchoman2002 says:

Lovely arrangements and pictures, thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

18. patientgardener says:

What a wonderful tree and decorations. Have a wonderful Christmas

19. Masha says:

Your house looks so festive, thank you for the pictures! Love the bird decoration and the gourd Santa :). I am looking forward to your tips on bird photography.

20. Donna so many beautiful decorations,
    wishing you a very Happy Christmas, Frances x

21. alesiablogs says:

I wish I could come there to see it in person! What beautiful photos. My autistic son and I would have went crazy in your home looking at all the decorations! Thank you for sharing. Alesia

22. institutanca says:

Wonderful and WONDERFUL Pictures and Decorations !!! Merry Christmas to You and Family , Much Joy , Health and a Lots Of LOVE & LIGHT !! A Happy New Year , Much Succesc and Continue the Beautiful Work and Inspirational Posts !! LOVE IT .. Thank You !!!!

23. Patty says:

Merry Christmas Donna. I hope mean ole Santa leaves a few presents under your beautiful tree this year.

24. Les says:

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!

25. Indie says:

What beautiful decorations! I love all the natural looking ornaments. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and New Year’s!

26. nicole says:

Beautiful Donna! Your home looks warm and inviting! The decor is fantastic!

27. nicole says:

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

28. Greggo says:

Donna, best holiday wishes to you! And A Merry Christmas. Greggo.

29. Marguerite says:

Merry Christmas to you Donna. Your trees are always so beautiful, it’s a pleasure to see your photos. Frosty looks awful sweet on his pillow.

30. Rebecca says:

SO beautiful – all of it! Merry christmas

31. Merry Christmas, Donna! This post was like one of those tours of a celebrity’s home decorated for the holidays. Wait, you ARE a celebrity to your followers! Your decorations are beautiful. Thanks for the personal tour.

32. Goodness, I thought we went all out for the holidays! Beautiful! Thank you for all your support this year, Donna, it is truly appreciated. Wishing you, and your family, a very Merry Christmas!

• Thanks, Claire. Honestly, I did a lot less than in previous years, except last. Had I not cut the Concolor, a lot less would have happened this year as well. Thing are slowing down a bit, settling into gentler times. I wish that you and all your family, animals included, have a smashing holiday season.

33. Donna, your tree and Xmas decorations look wonderful!!! I wish you happy holidays !

34. HolleyGarden says:

All your decorations look so lovely. I just don’t know how you get everything done! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

• Holley, I hope Santa is kind to your family and the season brings you much joy. Santa loaned me the gnomes. He said, them being so small, were not doing their share. They did fine here as they picked all the hydrangea.

35. Merry Christmas
    I loved each and every photo so festive this year we are having a BROWN CHRISTMAS with pretty things outside normally we travel by auto to DC or AZ or even VA Beach but we shall just be together with the dog and cat and go for a walk while dinner is in the oven tomorrow I am sure I will find something to capture on my camera

Enjoy your holiday

Eunice

36. Wow, really gorgeous! I just love your nature-inspired holiday decorating. Love the browns (?) on the first tree.

Oh, how beautiful! Merry Christmas!

38. It looks like you’ve gone “all in” on the Christmas decorations… I love that! I’d love to spend Christmas in a setting like that, but the Flâneur Husband is not too keen on it, so he tolerates my 7½ foot tree and a couple of decorated boughs in the dining room, but little more.
    I hope your Christmas is as lovely as your decorations!

39. b-a-g says:

Seasons greetings Donna – I always look forward to seeing your Xmas decorations. I wasn’t expecting that tree though – it’s magnificent.

• Thank you and season’s greetings to you. I was not expecting that tree either. I asked my friend at the tree farm two years ago to come and dig it for sale. He thought it was very well shaped and would bring a decent price for how tall and full it was. But he never found the time, and I decided not to find the time to do his work either.

40. Carolyn says:

So warm and inviting… a sweet haven from the storms. Love to bring nature inside. You have done it beautifully! Wishing you peace and love and joy! Merry (after) Christmas!

41. a3acrefarm says:

I’m loving hydrangea more and more. It’s beautiful outside in bloom, inside drying with color, brown in winter, and certainly stunning in your photos. Thank you! I enjoyed my Christmas visit to your blog!

42. Beautifully decorated Donna. Love it, feels very warm and inviting. I like the Santa gourd.