St. Lucia Vacation

20130128-153744.jpg

My cousin’s garden.

20130128-153906.jpg

View of the Grand Piton from her side garden.

20130128-153946.jpg

A Orangequit, the bird, not the tree.

20130128-154103.jpg

One of the many lizards that come out nightly. I saw more geckos than you can imagine.

20130128-154141.jpg

Her pool and and a hibiscus, I think.

20130128-154206.jpg

White Bougainvillea

20130128-154352.jpg

White Egret

20130128-154428.jpg

The above image is of a sheep, not a goat. All the sheep have short wool, which makes them look like goats.

Carolyn and I will home on Wednesday and I will be able to make a proper post. We have been having a very adventurous time and a full island experience.

Image | This entry was posted in photos, Travel and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to St. Lucia Vacation

Gorgeous pictures! You’re making me jealous!

2. Beautiful Captures – Enjoy Paradise!!!

3. Your pictures are stunning. I just discovered your blog on Blotonical. The sheep in your picture looks much taller than those I am used to seeing.

4. Christy says:

Love all the pictures but especially the first one with so many different colors of foliage! Is the plant in the blue pot a white Bougainvillea?

5. Well, it makes sense they would have their light weight coats while living in the Caribbean/

6. Sounds like you are having a great time!!!
    I wish you a safe journey home and a happy week!
    🙂

7. Barbie says:

Wow – the colour of the foliage is beautiful and very interesting and different animals!

8. Victor Ho says:

It’s so great to vacation in a warm place at this time of the year. Looks like you got to see many interesting things.

9. HolleyGarden says:

That first photo just blew me away! So much color! How wonderful to be able to vacation in such a spot while it’s winter. Must be wonderful to be getting a little summer “fix”!

10. What a contrast between the illustration in the heading and your photos from St. Lucia!!! Enjoy!

11. Patty says:

How wonderful for you to get away. Snow, rain , drizzle. Not much fun right now. Bring the sun and some heat back, will ya.

12. Wishing you a safe journey home. Looking forward to hearing more of your St. Lucia adventures, and of course enjoying your wonderful photography. P. x

13. Glad to hear and see you are having a great adventure.

14. Safe travels to you and Carolyn. Looks like it has been a great vacation. I am jealous.

15. Sigh…that pool looks mighty inviting. I’m surprised you’re coming back to the cold north! I can’t wait to see your vacation wrap-up posts!

16. I am sad to be home in the cold but at least I can relive the trip through your posts.

17. Brian Comeau says:

Welcome home… Some really beautiful photographs.

18. Indie says:

Looks like a wonderful place for a vacation! Enjoy the nice warm weather! Very envious 🙂

19. Andrea says:

Wow Donna, I just haven’t been here for a while and you’re already gone to St Lucia. Caribean’s climate and vegetation is very much the same as ours. I realized that when Helen of My Rustic Bajan Garden became a blogging friend a few years back. So looking at your pictures seem like looking at our landscape in the province during the height of our dry season. The difference is the gecko, ours doesn’t look like that, haha!

20. nicole says:

YEAH! SO glad you got to go and get away to paradise! I have never been but I heard it is stunning! Sounds like a wonderful adventure!